emboo
boomqueen
hellomyfriend
chickenkarma
24 posters
Go down
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary} - Page 3 Empty Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary}

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

drunkagain wrote:And I'm developing quite the crush on James Bobin.

He's such a cutie. He was with the guys in Chicago last year, I saw him wandering around the lobby a few hours before doors opened. I kind of wanted to talk to him, but there was a glass door between us and I would've looked like a lunatic if I'd tried to get his attention.

Well, that and my paralyzing shyness. [image]

It was cool to see him though. He's so great.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary} - Page 3 Empty Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary}

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:53 pm

blondesnotbombs wrote:
drunkagain wrote:And I'm developing quite the crush on James Bobin.

He's such a cutie. He was with the guys in Chicago last year, I saw him wandering around the lobby a few hours before doors opened. I kind of wanted to talk to him, but there was a glass door between us and I would've looked like a lunatic if I'd tried to get his attention.

Well, that and my paralyzing shyness. [image]

It was cool to see him though. He's so great.

[image] [image] [image]
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:30 pm
Finally got to watch it and. .

hellomyfriend wrote:- The Jemainiacs may die when they see Jem playing guitar, lying on the floor.  So sweet.

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud

<----is now DED, DED, DED.   Dead

Also, I agree, Kristen is so adorable!   In love

Last edited by 53 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sargifster
Tech Admin

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:51 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:

- The Jemainiacs may die when they see Jem playing guitar, lying on the floor. So sweet.

Umm - yes...

[image] [image] [image] [image]

[image] [image] [image] [image]

Loved the whole thing... [image] [image] [image]

sargifster
Tech Admin

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:27 pm
All the sleeping Jemaine bits were some of my most favourite bits.

Aww.   Love 3
sargifster
Tech Admin

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 pm
I also loved Jemaine singing at the soundcheck.   Love 3 Love 3

I think I'm going to have to mp3 that bit.

Anyone interested in it?   Smile
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 pm
sargifster wrote:All the sleeping Jemaine bits were some of my most favourite bits.

Aww.   Love 3

Me too.   Love 3
I am also really lazy and love to sleep. . . in fact, I had an 8:30 class this morning that required me to have a nap when I got home. . .I just woke up now. Razz

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm
I finally watched it!

Bret's loud beard Haha

James is so adorable Love 3

The Muppets and Leonard Cohen? Interesting combo.   Razz

Jemaine's beard! Drool

ROFL Sleepy Jemaine is love Heart

The playing guitar on the floor bit! Dead

Is James saying Americans are super confident but actually know nothing?   Laughing

Holy shit their Rhys 'sound effects' are so awesome   ROFL

Rhys is the best ever   Kiss on the cheek

Did Jemaine say 'Holy shit' when they saw how big the auditorium was? Haha That's awesome. I don't think I've ever heard him curse before.
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:42 pm
thedistantfuture wrote:... Did Jemaine say 'Holy shit' when they saw how big the auditorium was? Haha That's awesome. I don't think I've ever heard him curse before.

What's funny is that venue is on the smaller size for this year's tour.  I think they said it seated 3,400?  

Can you imagine their reaction to the ~10,000 seater that is Red Rocks???   Shocked

Last edited by 187 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ohjeez
Posing like a swan

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:34 am
i loved this documentary!

i loved the fact that hannah interviewed them because you could definitely tell that they were more relaxed with someone they knew, versus a stranger. also there were lots of quick shots of bret... [image]

jemaine falling asleep while doing makeup and just sitting around waiting made me laugh because i do that all the time! hahaha it's really bad...i need to get more sleep [as does jemaine]

and the behind the scenes stuff was awesome as well! soundcheck, checking out the venue, shooting, etc! i really hope there's an extended version of this somewhere......

Last edited by 42 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
nikki78
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:49 am
I just watched it. As has been said, Bret playing the piano:
In love In love In love

Bad timing to get rid of HBO.. I can't believe this was available 2 days after our HBO was cancelled.   Sad

Does a better quality download exist somewhere out there?

I hope Hannah continues directing/producing Conchord and Bret goodies.   Very Happy Very Happy
gezyka
gezyka

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 am
Flight of the Conchords: On Air:

An hour-long behind-the-scenes special precedes the launch of season two, which earned better reviews in the United States than the first: "The level of cleverness is off the charts"

(San Francisco Chronicle); "The scripts are as funny and tightly written as ever"

(Time). Prime, 8.30pm/9.30pm Monday
Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4865399a1860.html

So there IS a longer version (as opposed to the ~25 min. one shown on HBO)!  Anyone able to watch this?
SheWolf
Bowie's in space

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 pm
I assume it's the one that will air before the NZ premiere of S2 next Monday no? I trust one of our down underer folks will help us out with that.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm
It seemed like the half hour version had so much filler as it was (long clips from the show and shots of NY with music playing over), I wonder what they cut out?
drunkagain
Posing like a swan

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:39 pm
This is airing tonight in NZ.
Does anyone know if one of our resident Kiwis will be recording it?
Pray Very Happy
christi
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm
I watched it today. It was so great. I loved it.
drunkagain
Posing like a swan

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:55 pm
Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere and I missed it. I was watching the "On Air" doc and noticed that Jemaine is singing a bit of "You Don't Love Me Anymore"!

Shocked Shocked Shocked
gezyka
gezyka

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:11 pm
drunkagain wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere and I missed it. I was watching the "On Air"doc and noticed that Jemaine is singing a bit of "You Don't Love Me Anymore"!

Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG, that is awesome!!   Shocked Excited 2

They'd been holding out on us! Laughing

That is a great find, Elizabeth. Not worthy Angel / Flighty Blowing a kiss
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary} - Page 3 Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary}

Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:03 am
25 Minute HBO Version:

This version aired on HBO On Demand and was released as part of the extras with HBO's Flight of the Conchords DVD boxset.
Sponsored content

Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary} - Page 3 Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: On Air {documentary}

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum