Ami
32 posters
Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Empty Re: I'm just freestylin'

Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm
Eeeee! I saw that this morning! I wonder what it could be???? :#excited2#: :#excited2#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 am
emira wrote:
[size=150:nngqg64j]Session Buzz: Who’s Recording In &
Around NYC — A Monthly Report

[...]

Next stop – Fluxivity in Williamsburg, where [...] Flight of The Conchords’ Jemaine Clement and engineer/producer Matt Shane worked on some new songs for an upcoming film project.

[...]
[url=source][/url]

:#excited2#:

Is it bad that the fact that Matt is involved got me uber excited? :#lol#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: ( :#pray#: )
emira
emira

Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 pm
Amily wrote:Eeeee! I saw that this morning! I wonder what it could be???? :#excited2#: :#excited2#:

Soundtrack for the FOTC feature film dir. by Taika? :#pray#:
Katie
Katie
Totally Fine

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm
emira wrote:
[size=150:a1n2zl9k]Session Buzz: Who’s Recording In &
Around NYC — A Monthly Report

[...]

Next stop – Fluxivity in Williamsburg, where [...] Flight of The Conchords’ Jemaine Clement and engineer/producer Matt Shane worked on some new songs for an upcoming film project.

[...]
[url=source][/url]

:#excited2#:
:#squee#: EXCITING!!! :#excited#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm
[size=150:hv14n57s]Spotted: Canadian Tuxedo on Flight of the Conchords
By Gretchen Schneider

Jemaine Clement we LOVE you! This guy rocks Canadian Tuxedos as frequently as dope dudes Ralph Lauren and Dan Auerbach. We are going to have to go through all the episodes to see if there is on where Jemaine isn’t wearing one.

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 20110607-123930.jpg
Source: [url=That's one dope ass Canadian Tuxedo][/url]

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Smiley-canada.gif Razz
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 pm
We are going to have to go through all the episodes to see if there is on where Jemaine isn’t wearing one.

This is time well spent. :#thumbsup#:

Amily wrote:I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Smiley-canada.gif Razz

:#cheer#: :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:45 pm
[size=150:3mg7hmhu]EXCLUSIVE: Flight of the Conchords’ Jemaine Clement responds to Bret McKenzie’s ‘Oscar card’ quip
Posted on March 13, 2012 by simonbland

Jemaine Clement is worried about his bandmate’s new found power. During a chat this week, Clement revealed he has no doubt that his award winning partner Bret McKenzie will pull the Oscar card on him during Conchords practice which commences this week in their native New Zealand. “He would, yes. He would,” answered Jemaine, ” He was already like that because he’s had music lessons and I haven’t, He already pulled that on me. with an Oscar he’ll be unstoppable.”

It’s been just over a month since McKenzie took home Oscar gold awarded to him for his song-scribbling work on director James Bobin’s The Muppets.

It wasn’t long after he accepted the award that he revealed plans to use its sway during future band practice. “I’m looking forward to writing with Jemaine in the future again,” he told Sugar Buzz, “because I’ll be able to pull the Oscar card and say ‘Mmm…I think we should use this chord…and I won an Oscar!”

However all those worried about the future of New Zealand’s fourth most popular guitar based, digi-bongo, acapella-rap-funk-comedy duo can relax, as Bret and Jemaine plan to return to the stage in 2012. “We’re doing some gigs soon,” Jemaine told IReviewToo, “we’re going on tour in New Zealand and Australia. We have a few things that we’ve been talking about doing, we’ve been throwing around some movie ideas and we’re going to write a few new songs and maybe we’ll play them at our next shows if we get them ready enough,” he revealed. “Gigging with Bret is really fun,” added Jemaine, “I enjoy gigs the most.” Jemaine can next be seen as British biker baddie Boris in Barry Sonnenfeld’s blockbuster threequel Men in Black 3 released on May 25th.
[url=source][/url]

Isn't it just so nice to get some words from after all this time? I don't even care what they are! :#lol#:

I knew I missed him before but damn, I miss him so muuuuuuuch! :#fit#: :#sadlove#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Empty Alpha and Omega 2: The Rescue

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 pm
I can't really find any more information about this right now but it looks like Jemaine has a new project to look forward to next year! :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#:

[size=150:1pvx1b1a]Alpha And Omega 2: The Rescue (Characters, Brief Summary)
Review by alphakate21 posted 23 hours ago

Walt Disney and Lionsgate Pictures Presents

A Crest Animation Production

ALPHA AND OMEGA 2: THE RESCUE

Cast:
Hayden Panetierre as Kate
Justin Long as Humphrey
Christina Ricci as Lilly
Chris Carmack as Garth
Danny Glover as Winston
Christopher Lee as Tony
Vicki Lewis as Eve
Bitsie Tulloch as Sweets
Pat Nakuachi as Hutch
Anonymous Actress as Claw (Scar)

NEW CHARACTERS

Park Ranger Linda voiced by Anne Hathaway
Animal Smuggler Sloane voiced by Jemaine Clement
Animal Smuggler Brazos voiced by Jeremy Renner

Marcus (Wolf Villain) voiced by Bill Nighy
Neera (Unrelated to darkalpha's mate) voiced by Marion Cotillard

PLOT

Three months after the events of Alpha And Omega, Lilly is tranquilized by villainous animal smugglers and taken away from Jasper Park. It is up to Kate, Humphrey and Garth to save her before the smugglers cross the border into North America.
[url=source][/url]

:#wah#:

I haven't seen the first one but it looks cute. I love wolves and it takes place in Canada! (or at least the first one did) :#love3#: :#excited2#:
emira
emira

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Empty Re: Alpha and Omega 2: The Rescue

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:18 pm
:#excited#:

I haven't seen the first one either, but I'll definitely watch the second film.

I hope the vampire comedy will be already finished :;
):
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm
JULY/AUGUST 2012
[size=150:2olxex8a]SEDARATIVES
A MONTHLY ADVICE COLUMN

This month: guest columnist Jemaine Clement

Dear Sedaratives,

The debt ceiling has me concerned. Is this something that I, as a concerned citizen and a good American, can help out with? You know, like recycling.

Joe P.
Tempe, Ariz.

Dear Joe P.,

Don’t worry about the debt ceiling—it’s the debt you should worry about! You guys are really in debt, man! How did you guys get into so much debt? I thought you were rich! What the hell have you been buying? It wasn’t health care! You have more debt than when you were going to the moon! Did you blow it all on aircraft carriers or something? Did you spend it all on designer suits in the ’80s? Did you all get one each? I hope you’re not spending it on drugs! America, look me in the eye and tell me you’re not doing drugs.

Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help with the national debt:

(1) Make sure you are paying tax in the correct bracket for your earnings.

(2) Buy locally made items. Keeping money in the country is a great help to the economy in general.

(3) Lobby your local politicians to make sure your money is being spent responsibly.

(4) Give the government 20 billion dollars.

Jemaine

To read the rest of this piece, please purchase this issue of the Believer [url=online][/url] or at your local bookseller.
[url=The Believer][/url]

:#lol#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 am
I hope you’re not spending it on drugs! America, look me in the eye and tell me you’re not doing drugs.

:#twitch#:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 pm
Amily wrote:
JULY/AUGUST 2012
[size=150:rjwdv1xk]SEDARATIVES
A MONTHLY ADVICE COLUMN

This month: guest columnist Jemaine Clement

Dear Sedaratives,

The debt ceiling has me concerned. Is this something that I, as a concerned citizen and a good American, can help out with? You know, like recycling.

Joe P.
Tempe, Ariz.

Dear Joe P.,

Don’t worry about the debt ceiling—it’s the debt you should worry about! You guys are really in debt, man! How did you guys get into so much debt? I thought you were rich! What the hell have you been buying? It wasn’t health care! You have more debt than when you were going to the moon! Did you blow it all on aircraft carriers or something? Did you spend it all on designer suits in the ’80s? Did you all get one each? I hope you’re not spending it on drugs! America, look me in the eye and tell me you’re not doing drugs.

Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help with the national debt:

(1) Make sure you are paying tax in the correct bracket for your earnings.

(2) Buy locally made items. Keeping money in the country is a great help to the economy in general.

(3) Lobby your local politicians to make sure your money is being spent responsibly.

Jemaine

To read the rest of this piece, please purchase this issue of the Believer [url=online][/url] or at your local bookseller.
[url=The Believer][/url]

LOVE!!!! :#rofl#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:
emira
emira

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:15 pm
Amily wrote:

Yeah, to give them to spend it on drugs. :8-): :#rofl#: I want to read the whole thing! :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm
It may be some kind of a spoiler for those of you, who hasn't watched Rhys Darby's new live stand up show, This Way To Spaceship, yet.

What a nice surprise found me, when I went to see Rhys tomight! At the beginning of the show, I heard a familiar voice, something like Jemaine's impersonation of Hawkins in Robots. Later Rhys confirmed that it was Jemaine, so...

[size=150:8pv9n73r]Jemaine's voice guest appeares a few times in Rhys's latest show! Surprised :#excited#:

It's brilliant. If you're interested in the audio, you may soon find a little something-something you know where :;
): although the sound isn't so clear.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 pm
emira wrote:It may be some kind of a spoiler for those of you, who hasn't watched Rhys Darby's new live stand up show, This Way To Spaceship, yet.

What a nice surprise found me, when I went to see Rhys tomight! At the beginning of the show, I heard a familiar voice, something like Jemaine's impersonation of Hawkins in Robots. Later Rhys confirmed that it was Jemaine, so...

[size=150:2ildfjyx]Jemaine's voice guest appeares a few times in Rhys's latest show! Surprised :#excited#:

It's brilliant. If you're interested in the audio, you may soon find a little something-something you know where :;
): although the sound isn't so clear.

What a lovely treat on top of seeing Rhys live! :#aziz#:

Thanks for recording it, you know we'll take anything we can get. Razz
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 pm
I'm in a discount store, minding my own business (hurr), when I find this:

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 AxBrz.jpg

Surprised

It's a size too small, and it was the only one I could find. But for $3 it was totally worth it. :#excited#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:56 pm
On a recent flight, a woman by me was watching Dinner for Schmucks. Talk about distracting! Dammit, I was trying to watch The Artist! :#lol#: :#drool#:

RELEVANT:

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Tumblr_l5mdl0AbtZ1qcwmn8o1_400.gif

:#rofl#:
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 pm
onlyalways wrote:On a recent flight, a woman by me was watching Dinner for Schmucks. Talk about distracting! Dammit, I was trying to watch The Artist! :#lol#: :#drool#:

RELEVANT:

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Tumblr_l5mdl0AbtZ1qcwmn8o1_400.gif

:#rofl#:

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

i wish i had the skills to incorporate kieran into a gif/photo from the artist, because that would be epic :#haha#:
emira
emira

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm
emira wrote:It may be some kind of a spoiler for those of you, who hasn't watched Rhys Darby's new live stand up show, This Way To Spaceship, yet.

What a nice surprise found me, when I went to see Rhys tonight! At the beginning of the show, I heard a familiar voice, something like Jemaine's impersonation of Hawkins in Robots. Later Rhys confirmed that it was Jemaine, so...

[size=150:3ptwd6ry]Jemaine's voice guest appeares a few times in Rhys's latest show! Surprised :#excited#:

[url=http:
//www.
amplifier.
co.
nz/release/93603/this-way-to-spaceship.
html:3ptwd6ry][size=150:3ptwd6ry]The show is out now on DVD and it's multizone![/url:3ptwd6ry] :#excited2#:
Jairyanna
Considering second-hand underpants

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 am
Amily wrote:
:#haha#: I only saw four girls until you said that!!

Haha, same! :#lol#:
emira
emira

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 pm
Intentional?

So I’m watching the wild thornberrys and they’re in Australia and there’s a sheep farmer…wait…is that jemaine clement?!
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_munou7BeVO1rsf5ac.jpg
[url=tumblr][/url]

blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 pm
:#haha#: That has to be intentional! I refuse to believe otherwise.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:35 pm
So this is OLD. Well, from last fall. I kept meaning to post it in the board but never did.
[size=150:78s69anf]JEMAINE CLEMENT'S FIVE FAVORITE FILMS

I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 Jemaine-Clement.jpg

Multi-talented Jemaine Clement, known for everything from Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows, to Despicable Me and Men in Black III, is now starring in People Places Things. He talked to Rotten Tomatoes recently about his “if not brilliant, I hope at least understandable” Five Favorite Films. Here’s his-more-than-understandable collection:

BEDAZZLED (1967) 81%
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 V1.bTsxMTM3NjQyNTtqOzE3MDcxOzIwNDg7MTUzNjsyMDQ4
Number one is easy, Bedazzled. The original 1967 piece with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. It’s pretty simple. It’s really funny, and strange____. It’s like I think it was a big influence on my. I saw it in the ‘80s when I was a kid. I think it was on my grandma had, I mean she has seen it before we did, and she had few, we had video types, and I remember seeing the words all handwritten in ____ “Bedazzled”, and it big effect when I’ve seen it, and even the word interested me. Dudley Moore is a meek man who’s in love with this woman, and he makes a deal with the devil, played by Peter Cook to keep trying to change himself to be the kind of man that she would like, and I don’t know of course none of them are going to work. There’s always something wrong with the situation.

HEAVENLY CREATURES (1994) 92%
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 V1.bTsxMTM3NTkxNTtqOzE3MDU2OzIwNDg7ODAwOzEyMDA
Heavenly Creatures;
put a New Zealand one in here, for national pride, but I do think it’s a beautiful and interesting film. It’s the most beautiful film about matricide he ever made.

RUSHMORE (1998) 89%
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 V1.bTsxMTIwODU0NjtqOzE3MDg1OzIwNDg7MTgwMDsyNDAw
Rushmore. That must come up a lot. But it’s funny, and I know that the movie Harold and Maude is probably a big influence on that;
but I hadn’t seen that when I saw Rushmore. I hadn’t seen anything like it. It’s really funny. I think Wes Anderson is really hilarious and most people don’t notice, because of the style of the film. Grand Budapest Hotel, to me, was the funniest film of the year, but people saw it as an art film. I think I related to Max as well, because I grew up poor like he did, and when I went to University I did feel like I was kind of pretending of fitting in this world. I related to Max.

ABCD (ANY BODY CAN DANCE) (2013)
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 V1.bTsxMTE2OTIyNDtqOzE3MDkzOzIwNDg7MTUxNzsyMDQy
I’m going to put in a strange one now, Any Body Can Dance. This is my favorite movie for the last two years. It’s a Bollywood musical dance movie, and I don’t watch enough Bollywood movies. I watch them on the plane sometime, and you know because I travel a lot from place to place, and this one has been my favorite Bollywood films. It’s nearly unpredictable, you know if you’re coming from a Western point of view, but I _____ the same way Bollywood has a different theater role. So for me it’s always surprising what happens in the story, at least it still is, and this is amazing music and dancing in it. It’s like 20 Indian Michael Jacksons. I’ve seen it twice, and parts of it I’ve seen three times. It’s crazy. It’s unusual for a recent movie for me. Yeah, it’s a weird one. It’s not going to be for everyone, I know.

ROBOCOP (1987) 88%
I'm just freestylin' - Page 9 V1.bTsxMTIwNTM4OTtqOzE3MDc4OzIwNDg7MTQxMzsxODg0
Well the film I’ve seen most in my life is the original RoboCop. So I’m going to put that in. I can’t ignore it. I’ve seen that about 15 times. I think I was too young (to see it in theaters), but I remember being excited about it, and somehow someone had given me these RoboCop stickers. I use to cry if I was out of stickers. Cop, man, part machine, all cop, so you would have had all the stickers on my bedroom that said, “Look out! Protected by RoboCop.” You know it was on my window in the shape of a shield, and you know it was very original at the time. It had a great sense of modern time through it the whole way, which is still appropriate today. The thrill of that, I would want people to value it.
[url:78s69anf]https:
//editorial.
rottentomatoes.
com/article/jemaine-clements-five-favorite-films/[/url:78s69anf]

I saw this a while ago, I check RT pretty regularly. I love seeing movie/tv/music recommendations from people I admire so I was all over this. I haven't seen any of the above (I did see the horrible Bedazzled remake with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley back in the day, that counts right? Razz ) but Rushmore has always been on my list. And I did freak the hell out when I saw he had a Bollywood film in there. Bollywood films are amazing and they don't get enough love. :#love3#:
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:00 pm
onlyalways wrote:I love seeing movie/tv/music recommendations from people I admire

I do too! So thanks for posting it.

Rushmore &
Heavenly Creatures are two of my favorites as well. :#thumbsup#: My ex-boyfriend kissed me for the first time right after we watched Rushmore together, so I have a special fondness for that movie. :#cloud9#:

I've seen Robocop, but it's never made much of an impression on me tbh.

I have not seen Bedazzled or ABCD (Any Body Can Dance). I did see the terrible Bedazzled remake (with the aforementioned ex-boyfriend, actually :#haha#: ). I've always heard that the original was great, but never had much motivation to see it. I guess now I really should check it out.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:12 pm
Ok I really need to make more of an effort to see Rushmore now, I've been meaning to for years. (As well as more recently, Moonrise Kingdom.) Or maybe I should wait to watch it with a guy I'm interested in? :#haha#: :#evilgrin#:

I might check out Heavenly Creatures or Bedazzled if it's on Netflix. If I haven't seen Robocop yet I probably never will.

I'm kicking myself now because I used to see ABCD as a Netflix recommendation from the other Bollywood movies I've seen all the time a couple of years ago. I never got around to watching it though. Now it's not there anymore. Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum