Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre) Empty June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre)

Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Flight of the Conchords, Upright Citizens Brigade, June 13 by Michele

When we got to the Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theater, the line was already all the way down the street and the owners said they had never seen such a crowd. They actually delayed the start of the show by at least half an hour in order to accommodate the massive crowd. Most of the people waiting for the unreserved seats didn’t get in. We were at the end of the reserved seats line, so we thought we’d get really bad seats. But by the time we got in, they didn’t have any seats left so they put the two of us on the stage itself! We were so close to each of the seven or so performers that we could have reached out and touched them without much effort. But we didn’t because that would be rude.

The opening comedian accidentally spilled water on the guys’ seats and on their mic cords, so throughout the evening, he constantly tried to mop it all up sufficiently as not to “electrocute the headliners.”

There was hardly enough room for one performer on the stage, so with the two of them, it was really tight. They played four songs— essentially a condensed version of the previous night’s set, although they always somehow manage to make each show different. At one point, (it was hard to tell for sure because all I could see was Jemaine right in front of me…not that I’m complaining) it looked like Bret handed a girl in the audience his guitar because he had nowhere to put it when he didn’t need it during one of their songs.

After this past week, I’m sure the number of *Jemaniacs and *Bretalyzers
has increased! (*Editors note - Terms of endearment coined by members of the WTF! forums, you can work out which name goes with which band member I am sure)

Not much more out there on this gig either. Sad
Ami
Ami
Administrator

June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre) Empty Re: June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre)

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:40 pm
June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre) PUhKE8I

June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre) 3oRy3L2

June 13, 2006 - Los Angeles, CA (Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre) WmE1sw7
credit: Scott Aukerman
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum