Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 Empty Re: Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 pm
Feel Inside (and stuff like that) has reached number one on [url=The Official New Zealand Music Chart][/url]! :#clap#:

So proud of our guys. :#love3#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:
emira
emira

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 Empty Re: Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:28 am
Amily wrote:Feel Inside (and stuff like that) has reached number one on [url=The Official New Zealand Music Chart][/url]! :#clap#:

So proud of our guys. :#love3#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

Well, I'm not surprised, really. :#excited#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm
emira wrote:Well, I'm not surprised, really. :#excited#:

:#excited#: :#excited#:

Question: For those who bought both tracks from Amplifier, does anyone know the difference between the two? One is considered the "
radio edit"
and is about 10 seconds shorter. I've listened to both and can't find a difference, but I haven't listened that closely yet.
emira
emira

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 pm
onlyalways wrote:Question: For those who bought both tracks from Amplifier, does anyone know the difference between the two? One is considered the "
radio edit"
and is about 10 seconds shorter. I've listened to both and can't find a difference, but I haven't listened that closely yet.

:#lol#:
First I thought Radio Edit doesn't have the rap part, but it does. When I compared these two versions, the longer one has additional "
ooowooowoooo-s"
and "
oooyeah-s"
at the end. Smile
emira
emira

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:40 pm
[size=150:39t2l16b]'Some of the kids were terrified': Conchord doubted charity song would work
7:00 AM Thursday Sep 6, 2012

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 SCCZEN_A_251111HOSAPBRETTM05_460x230.jpg
[size=85:39t2l16b]Bret McKenzie plays an accidental killer in Two Little Boys. Photo / Anthony Phelps

Bret McKenzie may have been celebrating the number one success of Flight of the Conchords' charity single Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That) but he admits to having doubts the song would work during its child-inspired creation and all-star recording.

The track has sold more than a platinum-status 15,000 digital copies in its first week, after its launch on the Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids TV fundraiser. It's likely to be the biggest New Zealand single in years.

McKenzie and FOTC partner Jemaine Clement based the song's nutty lyrics on interviews with primary school children they did while on their record-breaking homecoming tour in June.

"
We talked to kids while we were on tour and we were kind of juggling a busy tour schedule and we would pop into these schools during the day and some of these kids were just terrified and couldn't talk and just started crying,"
McKenzie told TimeOut.

"
Every so often you would get a kid who was just a wildcard - perfect. We needed kids who could let their imagination flow."

"
We started getting the ones like the girl talking about mining for oil and crystals and gold. Every so often you would be, 'Perfect - this is going to be great'.

"
But I wasn't sure it was going to work until we were halfway through recording. I didn't really know."

McKenzie said despite his worries, the recording session - featuring a vocal tag-team of local pop, rock and hip-hop stars - was memorable.

"
It was great. It was particularly hilarious watching both Savage and Dave Dobbyn sing about bubbles."

McKenzie is soon to be seen in local big-screen black comedy Two Little Boys, which he shot on a break from writing his Oscar-winning song for The Muppets.

From a script based on a book by Duncan Sarkies - who penned some Flight of the Conchords episodes - and directed by Sarkies' co-writer and brother Robert, the film stars McKenzie as "
Nige"
, a man who accidentally kills a Scandinavian back-packer and turns to his mate Deano for help.

"
I read the script in a Harley Davidson themed hotel in Milwaukee when I was on tour with Conchords. I was laughing out loud. I had read a bunch of really bad Hollywood rom-com type films and a bunch of Hollywood comedies that I was going to audition for.

"
But it was just such a contrast to read something I genuinely found funny, that I was just really into being involved."

Two Little Boys opens at local cinemas on September 20.
[url=NZ Herald][/url]
emira
emira

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm
The song is still no. 1 :#aziz#:

[size=150:8ms35hm4]Conchords' charity single takes flight
By Harrison Tippet
Posted on September 10, 2012

Move over Michael Jackson and Bob Geldof, the guys from the musical comedy duo Flight of the Conchords have had their way with the traditional charity song in their new release [url=Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That)][/url].

A choir of famous musicians remains in the formula, thanks to some local Kiwi artists, but the Conchords decided to move away from the traditionally stirring sentiments of charity song lyrics, and asked school children for some help.

The lyrics are all taken from a series of interviews with Kiwi primary school children, who offer their youthful thoughts on how the economy works, and the best ways to raise money.

What results is both a hilarious and touching fundraising ditty, which shot to number one on the iTunes chart less than two hours after airing on Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids, a 4.5-hour televised comedy marathon fundraiser for New Zealand organisation Cure Kids.

As a rule, listening to the song without watching the preceding interviews won’t be nearly as enjoyable as seeing the entire clip.

Getfrank online magazine [url=reported][/url] that Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That) went gold (7,500 copies) in just two days and platinum (15,000 copies) in a week.

With the help of the Conchords and many more New Zealand celebrities, the first Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids raised $1.3 million on the night.

Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That) continues to add to that total through sales.

Cure Kids CEO Vicki Lee said the Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids event was a great success for the organisation.

“We are really overwhelmed by the generosity of New Zealanders. Comedy for Cure Kids was a New Zealand first and the donations go significantly beyond our expectations,” Ms Lee said.

“You never know which dollar will be the one that helps fund a breakthrough for our precious Kiwi children. This kind of cash investment will make a tremendous difference,” she said.

Cure Kids funds research into finding cures for life-threatening illnesses that affect many children, such as childhood leukaemia and other cancers, heart diseases and cystic fibrosis.

Notable charity songs

[url=Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That)][/url]
Cure Kids campaign including Kiwi singers such as Flight of the Conchords, Savage, Ruby Frost and Moana Maniapoto.

[url=We are the World 25 for Haiti][/url]
Haiti earthquake relief campaign including singers such as Snoop Dogg, Barbra Streisand, Justin Bieber, Pink and Usher.

[url=Voices That Care][/url]
A song created to boost the morale of troops fighting in Operation Desert Storm, including Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, Kenny G, Mike Tyson and Sissy Spacek.

[url=We are the World][/url]
One of the first big charity songs to raise money and awareness for the famine in Ethiopia, including singers such as Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Bette Midler, Diana Ross and Bruce Springsteen .

[url=Do They Know it’s Christmas][/url]
Another of the first big charity songs, with this one involving singers such as Bono, George Michael, Sting, David Bowie and Boy George .

Links

[url=http:
//www.
givenow.
com.
au/find?q=&
ia=CHILDREN&
s=&
x=26&
y=16:8ms35hm4]Donate to a children’s cause.[/url:8ms35hm4]
[url=source][/url]
emira
emira

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:28 am
They're back singing for the Cure Kids this year as well! :#excited#:

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 1185055_10151528810176459_1650187531_n.jpg
Cure Kids: Yep, that's Bret and Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords in Times Square, New York City. Might just have something to do with Comedy for Cure Kids: Good Sports, TV3, 7:30pm THIS FRIDAY...

Make sure you're watching to find out!
[url=facebook][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 BSJ-69ACEAAjS5j.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 BSKJhCEIgAA7u9n.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]

[url=http:
//instagram.
com/p/dQDVOuQYDt/#:3mbq2igd]one more photo on instagram[/url:3mbq2igd]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:41 am
:#haha#: They're jamming with The Naked Cowboy.

Look forward to seeing their segment this year. :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:58 pm
I can't wait to see the whole show! There will be Kimbra, Ladyhawke, Madeleine Sami and... Rhys, Kristen and Arj! :#wah#:

[size=150:eglc78i8]Super City

Featuring Kiwi super-star Madeline Sami (Pasha) coming to us from Hollywood, we have a very special Comedy for Cure Kids extraordinary piece packed full of Kiwi stars in the city of Los Angeles. See Kimbra, Ladyhawke, Craig Parker, Anna Hutchinson, Fleur Saville and many more in this Super City, Red Nose Day themed extravaganza.

[size=150:eglc78i8]Rhys Darby &
Flight of the Conchords

After the smash-hit success of Feel Inside (and stuff like that), we’ll be joined by Rhys Darby and Kirsten Schaal in New York , alongside a mockumentary fronted by Jeremy Wells. Wells provides us an update on life after super-song-stardom… with an extra special treat from Flight of the Conchords fresh fromTimes Square in NYC busking and getting people to sing last years hit, “Feel Inside (and Stuff Like That)”
[url=TV3][/url]
blondesnotbombs

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm
This must be what Rhys was referring to when he said that Murray would be back. :;
D:
emira
emira

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:27 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:This must be what Rhys was referring to when he said that Murray would be back. :;
D:

You must be right. I don't know why, but I was still hoping for a FOTC film when I heard that. Oh well, keep dreaming. :8-):

[size=200:cbohpbgu]Conchords go busking in NY's Times Square
By Rachel Glucina @RachelGlucinaNZ
6:50 AM Friday Aug 23, 2013

[size=130:cbohpbgu]McKenzie and Clement hit streets ahead of US tour
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 SCCZEN_220813SPLSINGING4_460x230.jpg
[size=85:cbohpbgu]Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie hit Times Square as part of a segment for tonight's TV3 special, Comedy For Cure Kids: Good Sports.

They're professional musicians with a Grammy and an Oscar to their credit, but The Flight of the Conchords turned to busking in New York's Time Square on Wednesday ... all for a good cause.

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement hit the bustling landmark to sing their song Feel Inside (and Stuff Like That) as part of a filmed segment for tonight's TV3 special, Comedy For Cure Kids: Good Sports. And they roped in plenty of passersby to participate, including the Naked Cowboy (aka Robert Burck).

The 42-year-old street performer (who wears only a Stetson, cowboy boots, undies and a helluva lot of chutzpah) strummed his strategically-placed guitar and sang along to the lyrics.

Last year, the charity single was recorded for Red Nose Day and entered the New Zealand singles chart at No1, going platinum and selling over 15,000 copies in its first week.

This year, Jeremy Wells, wearing his Newsboy hat and deadpan delivery, has interviewed many of the Auckland and Wellington school children who participated in the hit, and the celebs who performed it.

It's a reunion, of sorts, in typical mockumentary-style.

As for the Conchords, they're taking the States by musical storm - again. They performed three sell-out gigs at New York's McKittrick Hotel earlier this week, and tonight will take to the stage in Austin, Texas, alongside Dave Chapelle and others as they embark on a 13-stop Funny or Die's Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival tour across America.

It's a long-awaited tour for FOTC fans. Their last tour, only a year ago, didn't include the US. This time the comical singing duo will head to Illinois, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Michigan, Massachusetts, Colorado, California and Arizona.

Meanwhile, back in Auckland, Comedy For Cure Kids will broadcast live from Q Theatre tonight (7:30) with 7 Days' Jeremy Corbett and Paul Ego playing hosts and a line-up of global Kiwi stars, including Stan Walker, Kimbra, Ladyhawke, Craig Parker, Anna Hutchinson, Fleur Saville, Zoe Bell, Lucy Lawless and the All Blacks.
[url=NZ Herald][/url]
blondesnotbombs

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:09 pm
emira wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:This must be what Rhys was referring to when he said that Murray would be back. :;
D:

You must be right. I don't know why, but I was still hoping for a FOTC film when I heard that. Oh well, keep dreaming. :8-):

:#therethere#: He could be back for both. :#happyyes#: But we'll see this a lot sooner. :#haha#:
emira
emira

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 pm
[align=center:3b3gf3ev]And here it is!

:#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: [/align:3b3gf3ev]

[size=200:3b3gf3ev][align=center:3b3gf3ev][url=Feel Inside Mockumentary][/url][/align:3b3gf3ev]
blondesnotbombs

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:53 pm
That was awesome!! :#love3#: Those kids are adorable.
emira
emira

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:16 am
They haven't changed much, they're shyer though. Smile
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:17 pm
Adorable.

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:
emira
emira

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 am
FOTC won the Highest Selling Single Award at the 2013 Vodafone NZ Music Awards last night in Auckland. Bret was at the Vector Arena.

[url=Interview with Bret on the Red Carpet][/url] - about 22:15 min in the video (Jemaine working on an invisible suit :#rofl#: Sad and Bret supporting The Phoenix Foundation :#love3#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: )

In the same video about 32:30 min in, Bret picking up the Award. They beat Lorde's Royals! Surprised

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 F16c81c6527711e3b181124941b7a8d8_8.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 12278f14527811e3b22512971bb94f64_8.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2485f1ae528311e3801c129cd657fb38_8.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 897f4fd8527911e3af0c12857895c600_8.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 BZktkIoCAAA4JNc.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 BZkvRxsCAAEmdXK.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]
emira
emira

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 am
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma1_zps3cfcef3c.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma2_zps3f274bcd.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma3_zpscd1425f8.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma4_zps8326e308.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma5_zps5103f662.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma6_zps9ecb10e7.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma7_zps500b9187.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma8_zps1704215b.jpg
blondesnotbombs

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 pm
emira wrote:Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 2013vnzma1_zps3cfcef3c.jpg

[align=center:swo31guw]:#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: [/align:swo31guw]
emira
emira

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm
that's my favourite too :#inlove#:
emira
emira

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 pm
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10987058605_f70a9aabd8_b.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10987062805_081a25dde8_b.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10987228164_5462817f30_b.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10987079495_5d4c426f06_b.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10987089415_86e1216b43_b.jpg
those photos are larger at the [url=source][/url]

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988594206_cd19885152_o.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988494385_507c4db1b5_o.jpg

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988346215_c2d97fd830_o.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988506014_05318b9e0c_o.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988441416_cb5b0dd369_o.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988552143_a3c6410d5f_o.jpg
Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 4 10988552493_c0274e87e4_o.jpg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum