Go down
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 3 Empty Re: Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am
emira wrote:P.S. 2 [url=the song is available from amplifier][/url] as well. I usually don't have any problems with buying stuff from them, but when I tried to buy the FOTC song, the transaction has been declined... twice. Does anyone of you have the same problem? :#sadlove#:

It worked for me! :#cheer#:

Did you change your country when you tried the purchase? That could've been your problem.
emira
emira

Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids - Page 3 Empty Re: Conchords hold band meeting for Cure Kids

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:
emira wrote:P.S. 2 [url=the song is available from amplifier][/url] as well. I usually don't have any problems with buying stuff from them, but when I tried to buy the FOTC song, the transaction has been declined... twice. Does anyone of you have the same problem? :#sadlove#:

Did you change your country when you tried the purchase? That could've been your problem.

Yes, I changed to United Kingdom. Should I try New Zealand? I have to wait 24 hours now, because of too many failed transactions. :8-):
emira
emira

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 pm
Just the lyrics, some words missing, but yay! :#excited#:

blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:06 pm
emira wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:Did you change your country when you tried the purchase? That could've been your problem.

Yes, I changed to United Kingdom. Should I try New Zealand? I have to wait 24 hours now, because of too many failed transactions. :8-):

Hmmm. :#hmm#: Is your bank in the UK? If not, I would try changing your location to wherever your bank is. If that doesn't work, then I really don't know. :#sadlove#:
emira
emira

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:
emira wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:Did you change your country when you tried the purchase? That could've been your problem.

Hmmm. :#hmm#: Is your bank in the UK? If not, I would try changing your location to wherever your bank is. If that doesn't work, then I really don't know. :#sadlove#:

Yes, it is. Maybe the amount was too small and the bank got suspicious. I'll try tomorrow using a different Polish card, or buy the single together with some other music and we'll see what happens.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 pm
Courtney is posting from beyond the grave after watching the band meeting, interviews with kids, and the music video.

[align=center:3txcw9hk]:#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#:
:#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#:
:#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: :#ded#: [/align:3txcw9hk]
emira
emira

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:21 pm
Yeah, it's a cemetary here. :#lol#:

I'm not surprised the kids didn't know who they were, since they had been sitting in Murray's office for 3 years. :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:
emira
emira

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:25 pm
[size=200:p2ixip0s]Red Nose Day raises $1.3m for Cure Kids

Saturday, 25 August, 2012 - 01:53

The TV3 comedy event Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids ended at midnight (Friday 24 August) raising a massive $1,302,849 for medical research for New Zealand children.

The total far exceeds Cure Kids’ expectations and the event is being hailed a huge success.

One hundred per cent of every dollar donated by the public will go towards child health research that aims to improve children’s quality of life and prolong their life, while ultimately searching for cures.

The star-studded event featured a song written especially for Red Nose Day by international comedysuperstars Flight of The Conchords, with ‘Feel Inside (and Stuff Like That)’ sung by a cast of many of New Zealand’s singing stars. The song and album went to number one on itunes within 90 minutes of it being unveiled on the show.

And the All Blacks showed a playful side in a series of skits. Cure Kids is the official charity of the NZRU and All Blacks.

CEO of Cure Kids, Vicki Lee, says she simply couldn’t believe how generous New Zealanders were and the calibre of the people involved;

"
We are really overwhelmed by the generosity of New Zealanders. Comedy for Cure Kids was a New Zealand first and the donations go significantly beyond our expectations,"
says Lee.

"
You never know which dollar will be the one that helps fund a breakthrough for our precious Kiwichildren. This kind of cash investment will make a tremendous difference."

The event at Q Theatre, organised by Brooke Howard-Smith, was hosted by 7 Days’ stars Jeremy Corbett and Paul Ego Henwood and included X-Factor style comedy from The Rock’s Leah Panapa and New Zealand’s Next Top Model host Colin Mathuree-Jeffree, and it was won by The Block’s Mark Richardson. There were also Red Nose Day themed episodes of Would I Lie to You? and Jono and Ben At Ten.

"
It’s just amazing seeing so many Kiwis come together to make this show but even more incredible to see everybody joining in and giving on the night,"
says Howard-Smith.

"
So many people made this happen, from all the schools that rolled up their sleeves and fund raised through to the who’s who of comedians and other iconic Kiwis,"
he says.

"
It’s fair to stay that we’re already looking forward to 2014 when Comedy for Cure Kids will be back even bigger and better."

[url=source][/url]

Surprised :#cheer#: :#love3#:
emira
emira

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:00 pm
Unexpected appearance of Hamish and Andy in part 4 restored my love to them a little bit. :#thud#: Damn them! :#shakefist#:
convert
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:32 pm
Oh this has made my day! I don't really like kids but that was so cute (can't tell if it's cute coz of the kids or the boys reactions). I was almost in stitches when the little girl said she liked the Muppets movie and the guys kept asking about what she thought of the songs! Oh god that was great.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am
blondesnotbombs wrote:

No problem here either. :#shrug#: Sorry Syl. :#therethere#:

Also, I have yet to watch all of the amazingness!! Gonna get to it! :#bolt#:
emira
emira

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:57 am
convert wrote:I was almost in stitches when the little girl said she liked the Muppets movie and the guys kept asking about what she thought of the songs! Oh god that was great.

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:
She was talking about Miss Piggy and they were keep pushing about the songs. :#jem#: "
Me Party?"

I love that they couldn't hold themselves from laughing. :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

Here's the whole thing up on youtube,

squidhat
Beneath a willow tree

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:30 pm
i'm ashamed i didn't know about this until just now! love the video :#excited2#:
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm
emira wrote:Here's the whole thing up on youtube,

[align=center:1v1qopoo]:#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#:
:#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#:
:#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#:
:#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#:
:#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#:
:#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: [/align:1v1qopoo]
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 pm
It really is so very precious. :#love3#: :#ded#:

Instead of coming up with plots for a movie (or new season), can't Bret and Jemaine just have a talk show in which they interview random kids about various topics? IT WOULD BE SO GOOD :#heart#:
emira
emira

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm
gezyka wrote:It really is so very precious. :#love3#: :#ded#:

Instead of coming up with plots for a movie (or new season), can't Bret and Jemaine just have a talk show in which they interview random kids about various topics? IT WOULD BE SO GOOD :#heart#:

And then make songs based on the interviews. I think you should suggest it to Jemaine in your next message. :#happyyes#: Or they should ask kids about ideas for their movie. :#haha#:

Related.

Today I was at my friends' and one of them started playing something on the piano. I recognised the melody. It was the same as the one that is right before the interviews with the kids start. I didn't know the song. Did you know it? You probably did. :#shy#:

It's Cee Lo Green "
Forget You"

It's funny that it's before the Conchords find out that the kids don't know who they are. :#lol#:

Brilliant.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:21 am
A day later and I still have a lot of feelings from their Cure Kids videos, and now I finally have the time to express them:

-MURRAY. :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: After it was announced that there wasn't going to be a season three and the movie project is still so up in the air, it was so nice to see another band meeting, even if it might be the final one. :#heart#:

-"
I haven't talked to them in three years."

"
Do you know where they are?"

"
Oh they're right here, I just haven't talked to them"

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: I loved that so much! :#fit#: I always liked how in the show they did that "
reveal"
joke, where they'd reveal someone in the room that you weren't expecting. So great to see that again.

-"
Is this not a charity for us?"

-What was that at the end about Murray drawing Bret a hand? What?! :#lol#:

-All the interviews with the kids made my heart burst, how could it not?

-The ENTIRE part about The Muppets had me DYING. Bret kept pushing the subject about the songs and Jemaine was raining on his parade. Loved it.

-"
So we need a million and a hundred and twenty-one dollars."

-Jemaine blatantly breaking character at least twice and Bret laughing at the end. :#heart#: I'm being greedy but can we get a gag reel from this??

-Loved the song and the music video. I accidentally watched the music video first and kept thinking "
I don't understand"
/"
I don't know what they're saying"
. Well no wonder! :8-): Makes a lot more sense now (well as much as it can) and it makes the pieces of my heard that had already burst just burst again making a bigger mess.

Ok I think that covers a lot of it. :#shy#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:37 am
emira wrote:Please, someone [s:253w2624]rip[/s:253w2624] (sorry, I meant...) grab this video for me :#pray#:

Has anyone figured this out yet because I can't ~grab~ the video either. I see it's on youtube now but the quality isn't the best so I was hoping someone was able to get it from tv3...

*cough*Sarah*cough*

*cough*Sam*cough*

:#whistle#:
emira
emira

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:17 pm
onlyalways wrote:After it was announced that there wasn't going to be a season three and the movie project is still so up in the air, it was so nice to see another band meeting, even if it might be the final one. :#heart#:

It's a proof that if they had had enough time, they could have make another season. The band meeting is still brilliant. And it's in New Zealand (did you notice the poster? :#rofl#: ), so I hope it's not the last band meeting. They've never quit the band, Murray is still their manager and maybe they will use this any time they need. Maybe even in a movie.

I always liked how in the show they did that "
reveal"
joke, where they'd reveal someone in the room that you weren't expecting. So great to see that again.

:#rofl#: :#happyyes#:

I remember the same thing in Eagle vs Shark, when Jarrod asked Lily to ask Damon if he could drive him to Jarrod's hometown. And Damon was sitting in the same room, on the other side of the table drawing a cat. :#lol#:

-"
Is this not a charity for us?"

"
No, you're not a charity"
:#rofl#: Murray has to explain to them everything! :#rofl#:

I'm being greedy but can we get a gag reel from this??

:#pray#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm
emira wrote:I remember the same thing in Eagle vs Shark, when Jarrod asked Lily to ask Damon if he could drive him to Jarrod's hometown. And Damon was sitting in the same room, on the other side of the table drawing a cat. :#lol#:

YES. It must be a New Zealand thing? Ok maybe not, but whenever I see that type of joke from another show I think back to the guys and go "
They just pulled the reveal! :#excited#: "
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:44 am
Here is the best quality I've seen so far via youtube:

emira
emira

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 am
awesome quality! :#loveeyes#: thank you! :#glomp#: I have no problem with getting it from youtube. :#excited#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm
onlyalways wrote:
emira wrote:I remember the same thing in Eagle vs Shark, when Jarrod asked Lily to ask Damon if he could drive him to Jarrod's hometown. And Damon was sitting in the same room, on the other side of the table drawing a cat. :#lol#:

YES. It must be a New Zealand thing? Ok maybe not, but whenever I see that type of joke from another show I think back to the guys and go "
They just pulled the reveal! :#excited#: "
I've only watched the first nine or so episodes of Arrested Development so far and even within that handful, they do it pretty often.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 pm
[size=150:23vyh5on]Conchords are bigger than Ben

A charity song written by New Zealand's fourth most popular comedy-folk duo is poised to knock an Idol off the top perch.

Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That), which was written by Flight of the Conchords and performed with a group of well-known Kiwi musicians including Dave Dobbyn, Brooke Fraser and Savage, helped raise $1.3m for Cure Kids.

More than 10,000 copies of the song have been sold since it was released following the Red Nose Day: Comedy for Cure Kids television special on Friday.

That puts it on track to break the record for the most single sales in a week, held by New Zealand Idol winner Ben Lummis with his 2004 song They Can't Take That Away, who sold 11,987 copies in seven days.

Feel Inside was also the first digitally-available recording to go gold - selling 7500 copies - within 48 hours of release.

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement interviewed a group of five and six year olds from Clyde Quay School, asking them about health and money. Their responses were woven into the track.

The single's official chart position will be announced on nztop40.co.nz on Monday at 5pm.
[url=source][/url]

Get it, guys! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 am
Official video on Cure Kids NZ channel

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum