Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jemaine and Taika's upcoming Vampire movie

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am
emira wrote:ok, it's my last comment after looking at this photo 100th time and seeing his weird smile. Is Jemaine hiding fangs? Surprised :#excited2#:
Surprised I think you could be right Syl! OMG. Thank you very much for killing me even more Sylwia. And Jemaine! :#ded#: :#fingerwave#: :#ded#: :#fingerwave#: :#ded#:

emira wrote:I'm really curious about the story. I mean, I know it's about vampires living in Wellington but what's the plot? Smile
I'm curious too! Since it's been said that this is based on "
What We Do In The Shadows"
I decided that I needed to refresh my memory as to what exactly the story for that was again. So, for anyone else that wants a refresher or if you don't know anything about the short film Jemaine and Taika did back in 2006 here's what I found. Don't think I'd ever read this before myself.

Directors Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, assisted by fellow comedian Jonathan Brugh, explore the flatting lifestyle of three perennial bachelors, vampires Vulvis (aged 700, maybe 701), Viago (229) and Deacon (107). Listless, dandified masters of the artful sigh, they waver between trying to spook the anonymous filmmaker with their doomy tales, and making silken plays for pity. If you thought never dying might be cool, they’re here to tell you about the hollowness at the core of their eternal round of irritating household chores, domestic squabbles and Saturday nights being mistaken for homosexuals in the Courtenay Quarter. Few will be impressed by their haughty approach to younger vampires, though many may admire their openness in addressing such longstanding questions as: how can any man who never sees himself in a mirror care so obsessively about clothes, hair, and skin tone?
[url=NZFF][/url]

Of course, I have no idea how closely they'll be following that or if the new film will even have the same characters but maybe it's something. :#excited2#:
emira
emira

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jemaine and Taika's upcoming Vampire movie

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:25 pm
Thanks, Ami for refreshing my memory! :#glomp#:

From Sarah Hunter, the person behind Transmit Media who tweeted the photo

[url=Transmit Media-Creative][/url]: Surprise, Dom Post ran the Jemaine pic today. Said they sourced from a Taika Waititi fan twitter site! Quality journalism.
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 564589_497500306928128_572866736_n.jpg

:8-): :#thumbsdown#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:28 pm
Aww, I saw that. Sad
emira
emira

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 pm
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mbnktxhscE1qlnxazo1_1280.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mbnktxhscE1qlnxazo2_1280.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:
emira
emira

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:18 pm
[size=150:3ll00c9x]Pair back scary movie
By Rachel Glucina
5:30 AM Friday Oct 26, 2012

Clement and Waititi turn talents to a bloodsucking vampire film

Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi have formed a film production company and are producing a low-budget comedy about a group of vampires living in Wellington.

The long-time friends, who worked together on cult hit Eagle V Shark, have just wrapped shooting and are now in the editing process.

"
It's very funny, but it's really a film for New Zealanders. Kiwis will get the humour. It is probably more relevant to New Zealanders,"
Waititi told The Diary.

He said the feature film, using the working title Shadows, was based on a short film the pair directed six years ago called What We Do in the Shadows.

"
No one really saw that. Only our families. I think it may have screened at a film festival too."

It's the first time the comedians have directed a feature film together - and both star in it, too. They filmed the comedy in their hometown, Wellington.

"
We shot quite a lot of footage ... the editing will take a long time,"
Waititi said. "
The film probably won't be ready for a year."

Clement and Waititi set up Shadow Pictures in July. Both have equal shareholding.

A Flight of the Conchords movie is in the pipeline, too, for Clement. He and FOTC partner Bret McKenzie called time on their hit TV series after its second season in 2009. They toured Australia and New Zealand this year on a homecoming tour.
[url=NZ Herald][/url]
emira
emira

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:30 am
Taika showed some clips of his new movie at We Can Create in Auckland on 27 October.

The main new (...) some clips from his new vampire film shot in Wellington and co-written with Jemaine Clement. The presentation space wasn’t very forgiving to the darkly-shot material, but it seemed like his signature mix of cleverness and stupidity, much less polished than BOY. He’s self-funding the film and will own it at the end;
I got the impression that BOY was a bruising process, and that this is a retreat to safer, more nurturing creative environment.
[url=Circle of Quality][/url]
emira
emira

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am
Mr Vincent finished on The Hobbit last August and since then has been the production designer for Taika Waititi's new film with Jemaine Clement, which has the working title of Shadows and is due to be released in July.
[url=source][/url]

:#excited2#:
Jairyanna
Considering second-hand underpants

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am
emira wrote:
Mr Vincent finished on The Hobbit last August and since then has been the production designer for Taika Waititi's new film with Jemaine Clement, which has the working title of Shadows and is [size=150:wcz4xqq1]due to be released in July.
[url=source][/url]

Yeeeees! :#bounce#:
emira
emira

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 am
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Edf5f06689d911e2bd6322000a1fa42a_7.jpg
Beat this shit <
3 my brother with Jemaine and Taika on their zombie vampire movie set in New Zealand
[url=instagram][/url]
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 am
jebus...i've never been a vampire fan, but jem and taika can make anything hot :#drool#: :#drool#: :#drool#:

i feel inappropriate posting that about a photo of someone's kid brother, but i can't not, because DAMN.
emira
emira

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:30 pm
:#lol#: :#thumbsup#:

My thoughts are:

1 Jemaine's hair/wig reminds me Gary Oldman's Dracula.

2 The photo was posted 5-6 days ago. Is it an old photo or are they re-shooting some scenes now?
emira
emira

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jemaine and Taika's What We Do In The Shadows

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:14 pm
Just announced - The film will premiere at Sundance!

What We Do in the Shadows / New Zealand, U.S.A. (Directors and screenwriters: Taika Waititi, Jemaine Clement) — This mockumentary follows the struggles of a group of New Zealand–based vampires to understand modern society and adapt to the ever-changing world around them. Cast: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi, Jonny Brugh, Cori Gonzales-Macuer, Stu Rutherford.

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo2_1280.png

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo3_1280.png

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo1_1280.png

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo4_1280.png
[url=source][/url]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jemaine and Taika's What We Do In The Shadows

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:47 pm
emira wrote:What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo4_1280.png

His facial hair in this picture is delightful to me.
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:
emira wrote:What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mxcsrkcks91qlnxazo4_1280.png

His facial hair in this picture is delightful to me.

Ok, you just *know* there's going to be a dirty joke in the film about that hookah pipe mouth piece Jemaine is holding...

(i LOVE the pics and can't wait for the film to be released!!! )
emira
emira

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 1467192_592620670811880_1807493173_n.jpg
emira
emira

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 pm
The film will premiere next Sunday. [url=Here][/url]'s the screening schedule. They're almost sold out.

Description from the Sundance website:

Consider the living quarters of vampires, and stodgy old castles in Transylvania may come to mind. But these aren’t your typical bloodsuckers. Viago (379 years old), Deacon (183 years old), Vladislav (862 years old), and Peter (8,000 years old) have chosen to share a flat in Wellington, New Zealand. Unfortunately for them, it’s hard to make new friends due to their constant thirst for blood. Without any mortal chums left to invite them in to all of the hip establishments around town, they’ve lost touch with the current social scene. Can these creatures of the night put aside their differences as roommates and adapt to modern society?

In What We Do in the Shadows, frequent collaborators Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement share writing, directing, and acting duties—all with precise comedic timing. The end result is a hysterical mockumentary that unearths a secret, supernatural society where friendship and camaraderie are just as important as feasting upon the flesh of mortals.

- O.J., A.M.

[size=150:23b91oj5]About the Directors

Hailing from the tropical continent of New Zealand, Oscar-losing director Taika Waititi grew up just like the title character in the original Conan. This will be his third feature to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival. His first was Eagle vs. Shark in 2007, followed by BOY in 2010. He counts among his friends folks such as Stu, Toby, Warner, Ross, Dustin, and Niles. He also invented the sideways “Whatchoo talkin’ ’bout?” look.

Reclusive actor/director/MMA star Jemaine Clement lives in the mountains of New Zealand with his wife and 16 cats. He was once a business mogul in the ruthless door-to-door orange-juice-selling trade;
however, the whole thing came tumbling down in 2006, and he was tragically reduced to having his own HBO show, performing sell-out concerts with his band, Flight of the Conchords, and acting in giant movies like Men in Black 3.

[size=150:23b91oj5]Cast and Credits

Directors: Taika Waititi, Jemaine Clement
Screenwriters: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi
Producers: Taika Waititi, Chelsea Winstanley, Emanuel Michael
Principal Cast: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi, Jonathon Brugh, Cori Gonzalez-Macuer, Stu Rutherford
emira
emira

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 pm
Bird Runningwater writes about Indigenous Films at Sundance this year,

What We Do in the Shadows / New Zealand, U.S.A. - Co-Directors and screenwriters: Taika Waititi (Te Whanau Apanui), Jemaine Clement ([size=150:2w1t87qx]Ngāti Kahungunu), producer: Chelsea Winstanley (Ngati Ranginui).
[url=source][/url]

I don't remember reading anywhere before the name of Jemaine's tribe! :#aziz#:
emira
emira

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:22 pm

[size=150:jxzghaub]Sundance: Funny or Die Boards Midnight Comedy ‘What We Do in the Shadows’
By Jeff Sneider on January 17, 2014

Film makes its world premiere on Sunday, Jan. 19 at midnight in Park City

On the eve of its world premiere in Sundance, Funny Or Die is partnering with Unison Films and Defender Films on the broad comedy “What We Do in the Shadows.”

Frequent collaborators Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement shared writing, directing and acting duties in “Shadows,” which is full of one-liners showcasing that whether you’re immortal or human, life is better with friends.

Waititi, Chelsea Winstanley and Emanuel Michael produced the film, which makes its world premiere on Sunday, Jan. 19 at midnight at the Egyptian Theatre in Park City. CAA brokered the deal and is repping the film’s domestic distribution rights.

In partnering with the film, FOD will leverage its social media and marketing reach leading up to the films’ release, once it sells to a distributor. FOD most recently worked with Clement this summer when Flight of the Concords headlined FOD’s “Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Tour.”

“Shadows” follows the lives of Viago (Waititi), Deacon (Jonathan Brugh), and Vladislav (Clement) — three flatmates who are just trying to get by and overcome life’s obstacles — like being immortal vampires who must feast on human blood. Hundreds of years old, the vampires are finding that beyond sunlight catastrophes, hitting the main artery, and not being able to get a sense of their wardrobe without a reflection — modern society has them struggling with the mundane like paying rent, keeping up with the chore wheel, trying to get into nightclubs, and overcoming flatmate conflicts.

“At the last minute, we were given the opportunity to be involved in Taika and Jemaine’s hilarious movie, and we jumped at it. We are excited to help market ‘Shadows,’ not only to their already impressive fan base, but also to the tens of millions of Funny Or Die viewers whom we know will love it as much as we do,” Funny or Die’s CEO Dick Glover said of the partnership.
[url=The Wrap][/url]

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
blondesnotbombs

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:13 pm
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 262qn4h.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2dudzya.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2nqxz60.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2rg2fwm.jpg

emira
emira

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 262qn4h.jpg
This haircut and beard look really good together. :#drool#:

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2dudzya.jpg

His feet are huge here! :#lol#:

I can't find any official photos with Taika yet, just what I see on instagram and twitter from Bird Runningwater and Sterlin Harjo. Sad

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzmfhfHOzH1qlnxazo1_1280.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzmfg0bqKB1qlnxazo1_1280.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzmfg0bqKB1qlnxazo3_1280.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzmfg0bqKB1qlnxazo2_1280.jpg
emira
emira

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm
[size=150:gtu3oig6]Sundance: Funny or Die Lends Name to Vampire Mockumentary 'What We Do In the Shadows'
1/18/2014 by Borys Kit

"
Flight of the Conchords"
co-creator Jemaine Clement co-stars in the movie with frequent collaborator Taika Waititi.

Funny or Die has partnered with the makers of the vampire mockumentary What We Do in the Shadows ahead of the movie’s Sundance premiere.

The movie hails from Flight of the Conchords co-creator Jemaine Clement and frequent collaborator Taika Waititi, and follows three centuries-old bloodsuckers trying to navigate today’s world. The movie is part of Sundance’s Park City at Midnight, and it is an acquisition title.

Funny or Die is coming on board the film in a similar fashion as Martin Scorsese or Quentin Tarantino would join a completed film to “present” or exec produce, lending a name and a stamp of approval.

In this case, Funny or Die will use its social media reach to help market and promote the movie. For example, its name and logo will be will be used in association with all marketing materials. Other details will be determined upon a domestic distribution deal.

Funny or Die also now has an ownership stake in the film, which was produced by Unison Films and Defender Films.

Shadows premieres Sunday at midnight.
[url=The Hollywood Reporter][/url]
emira
emira

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 pm
[url=A short clip on Sundance Institute instagram][/url]. Taika and Jemaine at the end of it. I have no idea what they're saying. :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzo0n1hD4l1qlnxazo1_500.jpg
[url=twitter][/url]
blondesnotbombs

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:09 pm
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2woksvt.jpg

Donovan Leitch, left, and Jemaine Clement visit the Quaker Good Energy Lodge at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014 in Park City, Utah.
blondesnotbombs

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 am
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 1z6t5s2.jpg

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 5n9ji9.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2rq116x.jpg

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 1678h0j.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 21onh2t.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2cie8eb.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 330h8k0.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Dgrok0.jpg

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 24ops06.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 212629t.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 158bacy.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2iqe990.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 2d8fb4w.jpg
What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 16kdkq8.jpg
emira
emira

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:08 pm
Awesome! :#lol#: :#loveeyes#: I can't wait for any videos. :#excited2#:
Sponsored content

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Page 2 Empty Re: What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum