Go down
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 pm
gezyka wrote:Now, I wonder how many posters will be by Nic Marshall this tour... :#loveeyes#:

Oh, god. I have to have it. :#twitch#:
emira
emira

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:00 am
[size=150:2qk5nzn8]Flight of the Conchords take on the scalpers

Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:20p.m.

By Kim Choe

Tickets for the hotly-anticipated Flight of the Conchords tour went on sale on the internet just minutes ago.

It's their first home tour since they made it big overseas, and the keenest fans queued up overnight because the concert's promoter is using old-fashioned over-the-counter sales as a way to reduce ticket scalpers.

It was a long night for the fans around the country, who camped out to make sure they'd get tickets after the first wave of internet presales sold out in half an hour on Monday.

"
We're big fans back in England, and just the chance to see them in New Zealand's pretty cool,"
one fan told 3 News.

In an attempt to curb ticket scalping, organisers reserved the best seats for those who queued up at the box office, limiting them to two tickets each.

"
I guess it's to guarantee the real fans get tickets at the right price, and also the camaraderie about queuing up - talking to your mates, meet some new people - all fans of the same band,"
says co-promoter Brent Eccles.

"
It's an old school kind of idea, but it's really cool."

But will it be enough to stop the profiteers?

"
Maybe, because it's like you've gotta work for them,"
says Conchords fan Byron Madison. "
I don't know - i don't know the whole psychology of scalping tickets. People want money, so they're probably going to scalp."

There were only 300 presale tickets available for each venue, so latecomers to the queue were getting anxious.

But for Auckland fans who miss out on tickets today, there are already hints of a second show.

"
You never know what's just around the corner,"
says Eccles.

[size=130:2qk5nzn8][url=Watch Video][/url]
[url=3 News][/url]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 pm
I haven't seen an official announcement yet but...

[size=150:djy2nsgu]Second chance for Flight of the Conchords fans
Published: 6:46AM Sunday March 25, 2012 Source: ONE News

The Flight of the Conchords has announced an additional Auckland show, which will come as welcome news to thousands of fans who queued in vain to nab tickets earlier this month.

The second Auckland show will be held at Vector Arena on the July 1, due to huge demand.

Public ticket sales for all of the Flight of the Conchords' national tour shows sold out earlier this month, leaving many fans disappointed.

Tickets for the Auckland show sold out in under 30 minutes on March 23, with demand from fans causing The Edge ticket website to encounter delays.

Around 30 diehard fans had even waited in line at 4am in Auckland's Aotea Square to make sure they got tickets for the duo's Town Hall show when they went on sale at 8am.

Promoter Brent Eccles says the tour will be a special homecoming for Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie.

Joining the Conchords on their tour is American stand-up comedian Arj Barker and the pawn shop guy on their hit show, Dave Mohumbhai.

The pair have not performed in the country since 2009.

Pre-sales tickets will be available on Thursday and Friday.

Tickets, which will be limited to two per person, will be available at Vector Arena box office from Saturday morning, or online from Ticketmaster later in the day.

Flight of the Conchords tour dates

Hastings: Hawke's Bay Opera House, Wed, June 13

Hamilton: Founders Theatre, Thurs, June 14

Auckland: Town Hall, Sat, June 16

New Plymouth: TSB Showplace, Sun, June 17

Wellington: Michael Fowler Centre, Tues, June 19, and Wed, June 20

Dunedin: Regent Theatre, Sat, June 23

Queenstown: Events Centre, Sun, June 24

Nelson: Trafalgar Centre, Wed, June 27

Auckland: Vector Arena, Sun, July 1
[url=source][/url]

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

ETA: Aaaaand it's official! Just announced on fb! :#excited#:

New thread for this gig [url=here][/url]. Smile
squidhat
Beneath a willow tree

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:04 pm
wow vector arena? that's massive!

i'm excited and gutted at the same time :#haha#: i know they were both pretty busy doing other things last year but DAMN IT :#shakefist#:

i know heaps of people who are going though so i'll just have to live vicariously through them :8-):
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:58 am
Agnes! Hiiii. :#glomp#: It's nice to see you here. Smile

You can live vicariously with the rest of us here if you want, it'll be a party! :#buttrock#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm
Christchurch gig finally added as well as another for Welly! :#cheer#:

[size=150:qg2jms8p]Conchords announce two more shows
Published: 5:46AM Monday March 26, 2012 Source: ONE News

There is more good news for Flight of the Conchords fans today as the comedy duo have announced a Christchurch date and an extra Wellington show.

An additional Auckland show was announced yesterday, which came as welcome news to thousands of fans who missed out on tickets that went on sale on Friday.

Christchurch fans will get to see Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie on Tuesday June 26 at the CBS Canterbury Arena.

The pair said that "
due to overwhelming demand"
they would also put on an extra show in their home-town of Wellington on Thursday, June 21.

Joining the Conchords on their tour is American stand-up comedian Arj Barker and the pawn shop guy on their hit show, Dave Mohumbhai.

Public ticket sales for all of the Flight of the Conchords' national tour shows sold out on Friday, leaving many fans disappointed.

Tickets for the Auckland show sold out in under 30 minutes, with demand from fans causing The Edge ticket website to encounter delays.

Around 30 diehard fans had even waited in line at 4am in Auckland's Aotea Square to make sure they got tickets for the duo's Town Hall show when they went on sale at 8am.

Promoter Brent Eccles says the tour will be a special homecoming for Clement and McKenzie.

The pair have not performed in New Zealand since 2009.

Tickets for the Christchurch show are $50 and all proceeds from ticket sales after costs will be donated to a Christchurch charity, currently unconfirmed.

Tickets to the capital's show at the Michael Fowler Centre on Thursday June 21 are priced from $55 to $79.

Christchurch tickets will be available by application in person at the venue box office from 9am on Saturday, limited to four tickets per person, with internet and phone sales starting later in the day.

Tickets to the capital's show are priced from $55 to $79 and available on pre-sale from 9am Thursday March 29.

Public on-sale tickets are available at 9am Saturday March 31, with a minimum of 300 tickets available by application in person only at the venue box office, limited to two tickets per person. Internet and phone sales will be available from 1pm.

Pre-sales tickets for the Auckland show will be available on Thursday and Friday.

The second Auckland show will be held at Vector Arena on the July 1.

Flight of the Conchords tour dates

Hastings: Hawke's Bay Opera House, Wed, June 13

Hamilton: Founders Theatre, Thurs, June 14

Auckland: Town Hall, Sat, June 16

New Plymouth: TSB Showplace, Sun, June 17

Wellington: Michael Fowler Centre, Tues, June 19, Wed, June 20, and Thurs, June 21

Dunedin: Regent Theatre, Sat, June 23

Queenstown: Events Centre, Sun, June 24

Christchurch: CBS Canterbury Arena, Tue June 26

Nelson: Trafalgar Centre, Wed, June 27

Auckland: Vector Arena, Sun, July 1
[url=source][/url]
squidhat
Beneath a willow tree

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:46 pm
Amily wrote:Agnes! Hiiii. :#glomp#: It's nice to see you here. Smile

You can live vicariously with the rest of us here if you want, it'll be a party! :#buttrock#:

Ami :#glomp#:

haha yes, i know tour times = supermegafun board times so wouldn't wanna miss out on that for anything in the world :;
D: :#dance2#:
emira
emira

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:23 pm
Party begins! :#beer#: :#dance2#:

squidhat wrote:i'm excited and gutted at the same time :#haha#: i know they were both pretty busy doing other things last year but DAMN IT :#shakefist#:

Exactly! :8-):
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 pm
[size=150:ezyacoh3]Conchords scalpers have their wings clipped
Published: 12:51PM Tuesday March 27, 2012 Source: ONE News

Early signs suggest promoters of Flight of the Conchords' national tour may have been successful in their attempts to stop ticket scalping.

As of midday today, online auction site Trade Me currently has only two listings for Conchords tickets.

Promoters adopted a clear strategy to prevent potential scalpers bulk-buying tickets to later sell for a profit.

Trade Me head of operations Michael O'Donnell said promoters are not supplying tickets to people who bought them until closer to the date of the shows, which has helped to stop scalping.

"
Because it's a term and condition of Trade Me that you can only sell things in your possession, then that's preventing anybody from scalping them.

"
From a policing point of view, it makes our lives a lot easier."

Public ticket sales for all of Flight of the Conchords' shows sold out on Friday but two more have since been announced, one in Wellington and the other in Christchurch.

Tickets sales for all shows first went on sale by application, in person only, at the respective venue box offices. These tickets were limited to 300 and each person could only buy two.

The bulk of tickets then became available online but were also limited per person.

The low number of Trade Me auctions does not indicate a shortage of demand.

One auction on Trade Me, for two tickets to see the Conchords in Hamilton on June 14, is currently sitting at $250 after 90 bids.

The other listing, for two tickets to see the duo in Auckland on June 16, has fetched $356 after 17 bids.
[url=source][/url]
emira
emira

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm
[size=150:1l5b3hr6]Conchords set to break NZ tour records

29 March, 2012

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 3 SCCZEN_2703SPLCONCHORDS_460x230.jpg

The Flight of the Conchords tour is set to gross nearly $2 million, making it a contender for the biggest local tour of all time.

According to TimeOut's analysis of the 12-date jaunt, around 28,500 people will see the musical comedy superstars - as well as a further 9000 at a charity gig in Christchurch.

So taking the average ticket price amount of $67 means the duo of Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement will bring in a total of $1,909,500.

The nationwide tour takes in 10 sold-out town hall-style shows around the country (in venues with capacities between 1500 and 2000), the Christchurch show at CBS Arena, and the 11,000-capacity concert at Vector Arena on July 1, which is likely to sell out this weekend when tickets go on sale to the public.

And there is the likelihood of another Vector show, or possibly even two more if demand for tickets is high.

In the past the likes of Split Enz, Shihad, the Exponents, and 50s superstar Johnny Devlin have done some extensive tours, with Crowded House also playing some big shows.

But it's Split Enz especially who are the Conchords' nearest rivals. The band played a number of large-scale outdoor shows in their late 70s and early 80s heyday, as well as four big reunion shows in 2008.

Then there was the Bic Runga, Tim Finn and Dave Dobbyn concert tour over four weeks back in 2000, which was seen by around 35,000 people nationwide.

Whatever the case, it seems the Conchords have hit the - $2 million - jackpot with this tour.

Concert promoter Stuart Clumpus confirmed there is a possibility of more Vector shows if demand dictates it.

"
The public's wish is our command. So while there is a limit to what we can do, there is a little bit of time to do some other shows,"
he said.

The Visa pre-sale for the Vector Arena show begins today at 9am and the Ticketmaster pre-sale tomorrow at 9am. Public sales start on Saturday in person at 9am from the Vector box office and from 1pm online at Ticketmaster.co.nz.
[url=TimeOut][/url]

:#thud#: :#excited2#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:32 pm
Another Auckland show 6/29 at Vector Arena added today! Surprised :#cheer#:

http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/
emira
emira

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 pm
:#cheer#: :#cheer#:

[size=150:olsbauol]Tour news: New Conchords show, Bell Biv Devoe cancel
9:36 AM Thursday Mar 29, 2012

Overwhelming demand has seen another Flight of the Conchords show added to their potentially record-breaking tour.

Pre-sale tickets for the band's first Vector Arena show on July 1 sold out in half an hour this morning, leading promoters to confirm a second show on June 29.

It follows huge demand for a 10-date theatre tour around the country, tickets for which sold out in minutes when they went on sale.

TimeOut this morning predicted the show would bring in almost $2 million in ticket sales.

Concert bosses say the Vector Arena shows will be more high-tech than the town hall-sized concerts.

"
There will be big screens and extra speakers covering the arena to ensure everyone in the room gets the full Conchords' experience,"
co-promoter Stuart Clumpas said.

Pre-sale tickets for both Vector Arena shows, which also feature stand-up comic Arj Barker, will go on sale via ticketmaster.co.nz on Friday morning.

The tickets go on general release on Saturday at 1pm.

Meanwhile, Bell Biv Divoe have pulled out of their upcoming New Zealand show.

A press release issued this morning said the R&
B band and rapper Ginuwine couldn't make it for their May 28 show because of the "
unexpected reunion of New Edition for a North American tour"

Full refunds were available.

Flight of the Conchords tour dates:

June 13: Hawkes Bay Opera House, Hastings
June 14: Founders Theatre, Hamilton
June 16: Town Hall, Auckland
June 17: TSB Showplace, New Plymouth
June 19: Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
June 20: Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
June 21: Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
June 23: Regent Theatre, Dunedin
June 24: Events Centre, Queenstown
June 26: CBS Canterbury Arena, Christchurch
June 27: Trafalgar Centre, Nelson
June 29: Vector Arena, Auckland
July 1: Vector Arena, Auckland
[url=NZHerald][/url]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm
Awww, Bret has to work on his birthday. Sad
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:Awww, Bret has to work on his birthday. Sad
Aww! I didn't even realise that when I posted. Sad Sad
emira
emira

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 pm
Amily wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:Awww, Bret has to work on his birthday. Sad
Aww! I didn't even realise that when I posted. Sad Sad

I hope they'll sing him a Happy Birthday Smile It'll be the biggest birthday party he's had, I recon! :#party#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm
emira wrote:I hope they'll sing him a Happy Birthday Smile It'll be the biggest birthday party he's had, I recon! :#party#:
I'm sure it'll be special in some way. I like to imagine some good banter and a Happy Birthday. :;
D:

Remember when Bret wanted to have a party and invite all their MySpace friends? He can kind of make it happen now. :#lol#: :#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 pm
emira wrote:2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 3 SCCZEN_2703SPLCONCHORDS_460x230.jpg

Oh god, why?? :#rofl#: :#rofl#:
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm
emira wrote:

Meanwhile, Bell Biv Divoe have pulled out of their upcoming New Zealand show.

A press release issued this morning said the R&
B band and rapper Ginuwine couldn't make it for their May 28 show because of the "
unexpected reunion of New Edition for a North American tour"

Full refunds were available.

Awww... poor NZ.

They'll be missing out on...

:#dance2#: <
---- me, doing the roger rabbit :;
D:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:09 am
onlyalways wrote:
emira wrote:2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 3 SCCZEN_2703SPLCONCHORDS_460x230.jpg

Oh god, why?? :#rofl#: :#rofl#:
:#rofl#: :#buttrock#:

I'm going to pretend that Jemaine sent that to them.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm
And finally some Oz news is coming! :#excited#:

Bret will be calling in to Breakfast with Tom and Alex on Triple J Tuesday morning with some "
VERY VERY spesh tour news that will leave you foaming at the mouth!"

Listen from 6-9am http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tomandalex/
blondesnotbombs

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm
Amily wrote:And finally some Oz news is coming! :#excited#:

Bret will be calling in to Breakfast with Tom and Alex on Triple J Tuesday morning with some "
VERY VERY spesh tour news that will leave you foaming at the mouth!"

Listen from 6-9am http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tomandalex/

:#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: I've set myself a reminder! I love the last interview that he (and Jemaine) did with Triple J.
emira
emira

Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 pm
7 (or more :;
): ) shows in Australia! :#cheer#:

[size=200:2n7k0p43]Flight of the Conchords to tour in July

The wait is nearly over - Flight Of The Conchords are set to play their first ever run of Australian headline shows this July.

This will be your chance to see New Zealand's fourth most popular folk-parody duo perform classics like 'Carol Brown', 'Foux Da Fafa', 'Epileptic Dogs', 'Business Time', 'Hurt Feelings' and 'Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor'.

Throughout their live performances, Flight of the Conchords showcase their skills on multiple instruments, including the ukulele, toy piano, keytar, synth and a 1987 Casio DG-20 Casio electric guitar set to mandolin.

It's hard to pinpoint what has kept the duo from touring our shores all this time - was it band manager Murray's inability to get the guys a gig outside of an aquarium, Bret's commitments to his sign holding job or Jemaine's fear that his Aussie ex-girlfriend Keitha would be waiting eagerly for his arrival? Regardless, one thing's for sure - it's going to be one heck of a good time.

Flight of the Conchords Australian Tour

Thu 5 July
Sydney Opera House NSW - All Ages
http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com (02) 9250 7777

Sat 7 July
Brisbane Entertainment Centre Qld - All Ages
http://www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Tue 10 July
Newcastle Entertainment Centre NSW - All Ages

Wed 11 July
WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong NSW - All Ages

Fri 13 July
Adelaide Entertainment Centre SA - All Ages

Sat 14 July
The Plenary, Melbourne VIC - All Ages
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Wed 18 July
Challenge Stadium, Perth WA - All Ages
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Tickets

Frontier Members pre-sale via http://www.frontiertouring.com/fotc 4pm (AEST) Thu 12 April to 4pm (AEST) Fri 13 April.

General public on sale from 9am local time, Tuesday 17 April.

For more, check out the Flight of the Conchords' [url=official site][/url], [url=Facebook page][/url] and [url=Twitter feed][/url].
[url=Vmusic][/url]

They wrote this information as if they were expecting them to play in an elevator in those venues. :#lol#:
blondesnotbombs

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm
Bret's on Triple J now! :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:Bret's on Triple J now! :#excited2#:

I'm listening! :#excited2#: :#excited2#:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/player/triplej.htm#
emira
emira

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:28 pm
:#bret#: "
Is this an interview about Jemaine?"

:#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#:

It was awesome to hear him live. :#cloud9#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum