Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Antipodean Tour

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 pm
AHHHH I'm just so happy to have the boys back in my life and stuff to talk about again! :#excited#: :#lol#:

I wonder if Felty will finally get to see the guys perform? :#aziz#: Felts... where are you buddy?!
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Antipodean Tour

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:29 pm
Yay!! This is so exciting! :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#:

[size=85:39h1rot9]I have to say, I know it's terrible, but it makes me feel better knowing that none of us seem to be able to go (or at least everyone who has commented so far). Somehow it makes it easier knowing there are so many of us missing out. :#lol#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:27 am
luckym wrote:[size=85:1b8eml87]I have to say, I know it's terrible, but it makes me feel better knowing that none of us seem to be able to go (or at least everyone who has commented so far). Somehow it makes it easier knowing there are so many of us missing out. :#lol#:

I don't think it's terrible or maybe it is and I'm just terrible. :#haha#: I feel the same way though. We're all in the same boat this year... which is not the right one for going to New Zealand. Razz
emira
emira

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:46 pm
And Justin for all :#lol#:

Do I read the signature on the poster correctly? Is it Tyler Stout? I'm so curious about the Wellington posters. :#excited2#:

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Stout.jpg
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:00 pm
emira wrote:Do I read the signature on the poster correctly? Is it Tyler Stout? I'm so curious about the Wellington posters. :#excited2#:

I think it is Tyler Stout. It looks like his style.

I hadn't even thought about the posters. Surprised :#wah#:
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:06 pm
I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE this poster!!!!

I agree that it is a bit of a relief to know that there's no way in hell I'll be able to make this tour - it would be a dream come true, of course, but there's no way I can afford it money or time-wise.

It also means that finally the Kiwis get their guys back - and they deserve to have plenty of "
face-time"
with them, which makes me happy.

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

ps: except for that crazy person on their fb page who commented about the lack of a Christchurch performance and said they had just lost a dedicated fan. Cray-cray! :O_o: :#argh#: :#twitch#: :#fingerwave#: :#crazy#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm
emira wrote:Do I read the signature on the poster correctly? Is it Tyler Stout? I'm so curious about the Wellington posters. :#excited2#:

I thought it looked like Tyler's work too but I happened upon this last night and now I'm not sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dklimke/se ... 836597706/

FOTC's is at the bottom. Could still be Tyler... maybe this guy just designed the newsletter. :#shrug#:
emira
emira

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:I hadn't even thought about the posters. Surprised :#wah#:

That was one of my main concerns, how will I keep myself from buying them? I'll try to buy just one... I hope. :#lol#:

chrissycubana wrote:ps: except for that crazy person on their fb page who commented about the lack of a Christchurch performance and said they had just lost a dedicated fan. Cray-cray! :O_o: :#argh#: :#twitch#: :#fingerwave#: :#crazy#:

I wouldn't bother about this kind of a dedicated fan who doesn't read newsletters or just articles about their tour and plans for Chch. :8-):

Amily wrote:FOTC's is at the bottom. Could still be Tyler... maybe this guy just designed the newsletter. :#shrug#:

I saw that too, but I'm pretty sure he's just responsible for the newsletter design. :#happyyes#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm
emira wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:I hadn't even thought about the posters. Surprised :#wah#:

That was one of my main concerns, how will I keep myself from buying them? I'll try to buy just one... I hope. :#lol#:
:#haha#: All I've been thinking is that the purchasing of numerous posters will only be more justified this time. You know, since we're not spending anything on tickets or traveling. :#evilgrin#:

emira wrote:
Amily wrote:FOTC's is at the bottom. Could still be Tyler... maybe this guy just designed the newsletter. :#shrug#:

I saw that too, but I'm pretty sure he's just responsible for the newsletter design. :#happyyes#:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. :#happyyes#:

UGH! I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see them! :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:59 pm
Amily wrote:
emira wrote:

:#haha#: All I've been thinking is that the purchasing of numerous posters will only be more justified this time. You know, since we're not spending anything on tickets or traveling. :#evilgrin#:

Oh, yes, right, totally justified! :#lol#:

Amily wrote:UGH! I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see them! :#excited2#:

:#excited2#: :#excited2#:
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:23 pm
Amily wrote:
emira wrote:

Genius. That's why you're in charge of the ship.
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:
Amily wrote:
emira wrote:

Genius. That's why you're in charge of the ship.

I love you peoplez. So. Much.

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Antipodean Tour General Chat

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 am
[size=150:1ypv3xsj]Bay misses out on Conchords date
by Ellen Irvine | Friday, March 16, 2012 11:40

It's business time - but not in Tauranga.

Top comedy-folk duo Flight of the Conchords are jetting home for a New Zealand tour in June - but Western Bay fans are disappointed that Tauranga has not been included.

The nine-city tour will visit smaller centres including Hastings, New Plymouth and Nelson.

Tauranga fans wanting to see the pair will have to travel to Hamilton for the nearest show, on June 14.

Disappointment lit up the internet yesterday as Tauranga fans learned the tour was not coming here.

On Twitter, webjwooot said: "
where the folk is the Tauranga date? disappointment and rage around the office today"

Twitter user amylmcdonald said: "
Bugger, #FOTC aren't coming to Tauranga"

Fan Nicola McCheyne wrote on the Flight of the Conchords Facebook page: "
You guys should be coming to Tauranga Smile "

On the Bay of Plenty Times Facebook page, both Karolyn Timarkos and Brutus Powers said it was "
no surprise"
Tauranga had been left off the bill.

"
No acts really want to perform in this village. People in this town are useless at supporting things - have been for many years,"
Mr Powers said.

Karleigh-Jayne Jones said it was "
no wonder"
as there was "
not much in the range of non bar venues"
, while TinTin Montuya described the decision to skip Tauranga as "
unfair"

Wesley Brinkman said: "
Another success for the council, they must have their heads in the clouds, for the fifth largest city we do pretty poorly for hosting events (remember the [Rugby] World Cup)?"

But Emma Cairns was happy to travel to Hamilton to see the show, "
no worries"

Creative Tauranga chief executive Tracey Rudduck-Gudsell planned to email the concert promoters to ask why they had skipped Tauranga, and invite the duo to perform here.

It was a shame the city had missed out, she said.

"
If you don't ask, you don't get. If we put a good case to them as to why they should come to Tauranga, perhaps they might add in a show. We feel there would be an audience that would be receptive to them.

"
We are still a little tarred with being of the older generation, I would imagine that's part of the reason. We need to tell them we have got a lot more with it, and then of course Tauranga would have to turn out [for the show]."

The tour's promoter and Flight of The Conchords' media contact did not respond to a request for comment before deadline.
[url=source][/url]

:#therethere#: Tauranga.

Maybe they'll add some more dates later... they've certainly been known to listen in the past. :#happyyes#: :#love3#:
emira
emira

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Antipodean Tour General Chat

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 am
Tauranga is a pretty big town as far as New Zealand is concerned and quite nice with Mt Maunganui in the neighbourhood, but I heard it's not very attractive. Well, Hamilton either. :#lol#: I spent two nights there and it was enough. You can't satisfy everyone :#shrug#: Poor guys, now everyone will be complaining why not their town :-\ Really, the distance is nothing, however I hope they'll add more dates.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:30 pm
Doesn't look like they'll be adding anymore dates to the NZ tour...

The duo will play nine shows, including two in hometown Wellington, starting on June 13, but Northland has missed out, because of the Conchords tight schedule, co-promoter Brent Eccles said.

He said the promoters worked with the act to fit in as many cities as possible.

However, with a show at Auckland Town Hall on June 16, they hope that Northland fans will be able to go to see them there.
[url=source][/url]

Understandable. People will just have to travel if they really want to see them and we all know here that it's so worth it. :#thumbsup#:

I agree with you though Syl, poor guys. Every tour there are a lot of complaints about "
why aren't you coming here?"
and "
tickets sold out"
, etc. It's the same old same old. Wish more people realised they can't please everyone even though they do seem to try.
emira
emira

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm
I was actually surprised that they play just one show in Auckland, the largest city in NZ, but since their schedule is so tight and Jemaine needs to find time to shoot a vampire comedy with Taika, maybe it's better like that. NZ should be happy that there is a tour anyway. Razz

OK, now NZers can shoot me :#shy#:
emira
emira

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:06 pm
[size=150:3hs5p823]Flight of the Conchords tickets on sale this week

Monday, 19 March, 2012 - 20:49

Tickets go on sale this week for the highly anticipated Flight of the Conchords tour and demand has prompted the shows promoters to come up with a plan to combat scalping.

300 prime tickets for each show (limited to two per transaction) will be available by application at the box office, and in person only, from 8am Friday 23rd March.

"
We really want to get tickets in local people's hands at face value"
said co-promoter Brent Eccles.

Co-promoter Stuart Clumpas added "
There's been a great deal of concern over ticket scalping in recent weeks and so, it's back to the future where you personally queue up at the box office."

Lines are expected to be long so radio stations the Edge and More FM will be joining the queues in each of the eight cities to serenade fans with coffee and entertainment.

For those with a Visa card, Visa pre-sale tickets go on sale at midday tomorrow Tuesday 20 March until 5pm Wednesday 21 March (limited to four per transaction) and non-members can sign up at Visa Entertainment - http://www.visaentertainment.co.nz.

Don't miss Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie in their first ever New Zealand tour!

JUNE 2012

Wed 13 - Hawkes Bay Opera House, HASTINGS ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Thurs 14 - Founders Theatre, HAMILTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Sat 16 - Town Hall, AUCKLAND the-edge.co.nz / 0800-BUY TICKETS

Sun 17 - TSB Showplace, NEW PLYMOUTH ticketmaster.co.nz / 0800-111-999

Tues 19 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Wed 20 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Sat 23 - Regent Theatre, DUNEDIN ticketdirect.co.nz / 0800 224 224

Sun 24 - Events Centre, QUEENSTOWN ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET

Wed 27 - Trafalgar Centre, NELSON everyman.co.nz / 03-548-3083

CHRISTCHURCH show will be announced shortly

Visa Pre-sale 12 noon, Tues 20 March - 5pm, Wed 21 March

4 tickets per transaction limit until allocation exhausted - see visaentertainment.co.nz

Public On-sale Friday 23 March

8am by application in person at the relevant box office*- 2 tickets per person limit

Internet and phone sales available from midday - 4 tickets per transaction limit

Tickets priced from $55.00 - $79.00

BOX OFFICE LOCATIONS:

AUCKLAND - The Edge, Level 3, Aotea Centre

NELSON - Everyman Records, 249 Hardy St

QUEENSTOWN - Queenstown Events Centre, Joe O'Connell Drive, Frankton

HASTINGS, HAMILTON, NEW PLYMOUTH, WELLINGTON, DUNEDIN - at venue
[url=source][/url]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm
Pre-sale on now! :#excited#:

Good luck to anyone trying for tickets today! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

ETA: I hear the Auckland pre-sale sold out in just 6 minutes! Surprised

I'm not surprised. :;
D:
emira
emira

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm
It's crazy! Surprised :#cheer#: But finally NZ have what they wanted :;
): :#excited#:
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 am
I hope everyone was able to get the tickets they wanted! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am
luckym wrote:I hope everyone was able to get the tickets they wanted! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

:#sadno#: Not my friend from Auckland. I hope she'll have more luck on Friday. :#nervous#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:09 pm
I'm sorry for your friend Syl. Sad Did she have any luck today though? :#aziz#:

I recently asked [url=Matt Shane][/url] if he'd be touring with Bret and Jemaine again this summer and he just replied.

@FOTCMB you know it! I'll be in the house for sure. Never been down under before really lookin forward to it.

:#love3#:
emira
emira

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm
Amily wrote:I'm sorry for your friend Syl. Sad Did she have any luck today though? :#aziz#:

:#sadno#:

I recently asked [url=Matt Shane][/url] if he'd be touring with Bret and Jemaine again this summer and he just replied.

@FOTCMB you know it! I'll be in the house for sure. Never been down under before really lookin forward to it.

:#love3#:
I saw that! :#love3#: :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 pm
[size=150:vo3u65xw]FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS –
HUGE DEMAND FOR TICKETS BY FANS AT THE BOX OFFICE!

Friday, 23 March 2012, 1:30 pm
Press Release: The Publicity Machine

Flight of the Conchords fans around the country had a very early start this morning with many box office queues starting from as early as 5.30pm yesterday!

South Islanders braved the cold to make a later start with the first Dunedin fan arriving at 5am to head the longest line in the country.

Bowled over by the response, the tours promoters are feverishly working on plans to meet the huge demand for tickets – watch this space.

JUNE 2012
Wed 13 – Hawkes Bay Opera House, HASTINGS ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Thurs 14 – Founders Theatre, HAMILTON ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Sat 16 – Town Hall, AUCKLAND buytickets.co.nz / 0800-BUY TICKETS
Sun 17 – TSB Showplace, NEW PLYMOUTH ticketmaster.co.nz / 0800-111-999
Tues 19 – Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON - ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Wed 20 - Michael Fowler Centre, WELLINGTON - ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Sat 23 – Regent Theatre, DUNEDIN - ticketdirect.co.nz / 0800 224 224
Sun 24 – Events Centre, QUEENSTOWN - ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKET
Wed 27 – Trafalgar Centre, NELSON - everyman.co.nz / 03-548-3083
CHRISTCHURCH show will be announced shortly

http://www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz

ENDS
[url=source][/url]

:#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm
I've seen the news via twitter and fb, but here is my official reaction :;
D: :

:#squee#: :#squee#: :#squee#: :#squee#: :#squee#: :#squee#:

Yay, kiwis! :#cheer#: :#kiwi#: :#cheer#:

Now, I wonder how many posters will be by Nic Marshall this tour... :#loveeyes#:
Sponsored content

2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 Tour of New Zealand and Australia General Chat

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum