Go down
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!) Empty How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:48 pm
Rhysie is in the CBS sit com "
How To Be A Gentleman"
(starring Kevin Dillon from Entourage). Premiers this Thurs 9/29 @ 8:30!!! :#cheer#:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/how_to_be_a_gentleman/photos/
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!) Empty Re: How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 am
Good luck, Rhys! :#cheer#:
emira
emira

How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!) Empty Re: How To Be A Gentleman (new series w/Rhys!)

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm
Ami said [url=a couple words about the show][/url] and here is what [url=Rhys said about it][/url] himself:

...earlier this year he got a part in new CBS sitcom - a comedy of manners, How To Be a Gentleman - and moved his family to LA only for it to be cancelled after three episodes.

"
We filmed nine episodes, and then halfway through filming the ninth one, they took us upstairs and said, 'right the show's being cancelled'. We weren't sure whether the show was hitting the right marks or not. I had no idea myself how it all worked with the numbers over here, but it is a big numbers game. I think we were pulling in, would you believe it, only eight million viewers per episode. Shocking isn't it?"

Darby was praised for his role, and he wasn't ultimately disappointed to be freed up for new work.

"
For me it was kind of bittersweet, because I didn't really feel that I was working up to my potential being in that show. It was a multi-camera, laugh track sitcom which is a classic idea, but it's kind of weird.

"
The humour of the show wasn't right up my alley, I prefer something with a bit more realism to it rather than set-up punchlines. It felt a bit like a modern day Happy Days. So I was quite happy to get out of there and get ready for the next opportunity."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum