Jemaine doesn't like me Empty Jemaine doesn't like me

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:50 am
He doesn't, he says i'm a dickhead, see:

emira
emira

Jemaine doesn't like me Empty Re: Jemaine doesn't like me

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:02 am
:#therethere#: What did you do to him? :#hug#:

( :#rasp#: Hey Harley! [url=We've seen your video.][/url] Good one! :#thumbsup#: :#lol#: )
Pigville
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 am
Ha, na nothing, he's a good guy, as i'm sure you know FOTC got rejected by the NZ TV networks because it was too quirky, they took it overseas and it was a big success, what you probably dont know is that after their success the NZ TV networks were trying to jump on the bandwagon and make a new sitcom "
with music"
, we (Pigville), come into play because the networks at the time were looking at our sitcom and talking about buying it and shooting a season of it but in the end they decided not to go with it because they wanted something with music in it to mimic FOTC success. I was talking to him about all this and then asked him to call me a dick on camera and so here it is.
emira
emira

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 am
Pigville wrote:Ha, na nothing, he's a good guy,

:#happyyes#: :#love3#:

as i'm sure you know FOTC got rejected by the NZ TV networks because it was too quirky, they took it overseas and it was a big success,

That's one of the reasons why this Forum exists :;
D:

what you probably dont know is that after their success the NZ TV networks were trying to jump on the bandwagon and make a new sitcom "
with music"
, we (Pigville), come into play because the networks at the time were looking at our sitcom and talking about buying it and shooting a season of it but in the end they decided not to go with it because they wanted something with music in it to mimic FOTC success.

Wow! I didn't know that! Thanks! Aren't NZ TV paranoid? They wanted to rip off an American sitcom even though it was created by NZers whom they rejected in the first place :#crazy#:

But I think it went better this way and thank to HBO more people discovered FOTC. Otherwise, it would probably go quietly in NZ and not that many people would know about them. Or the process of conquering the world would go little slower.

I was talking to him about all this and then asked him to call me a dick on camera and so here it is.

And what did he say about NZ TV's ideas?

Was it around early 2009 when he was shooting "
Gentlemen Broncos"
?
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:18 pm
Love your video Harley! Thank you for getting Jemaine to say you're a dickhead. We've thoroughly enjoyed it as you can probably tell. :#haha#:

Welcome to forum! Smile
Pigville

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 am
Yeah it probably was about early 2009 actually.

He said that the NZ TV networks didn't know what they wanted and basically to just keep on keeping on and we would make it one day. Which hopefully is gonna happen this year, we got funding for our feature film and filmed in March it's the first time we have received major funding, it's a zombie comedy, www.facebook.com/isazh have a look if you find yourself with a spare 2 mins.

Is this a NZ forum?
emira
emira

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:29 am
Pigville wrote:He said that the NZ TV networks didn't know what they wanted and basically to just keep on keeping on and we would make it one day. Which hopefully is gonna happen this year, we got funding for our feature film and filmed in March it's the first time we have received major funding, it's a zombie comedy, https://www.facebook.com/isazh have a look if you find yourself with a spare 2 mins.

Awesome! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: Congrats! I'm not a big fan of zombie movies, but I certainly am of comedies. I hope I'll be able to see your film one day. Recently I've been introduced to Italian horrors. Three words: boobs, dicks and zombies. I think you'd like them, if you haven't seen any yet. :;
):

Anyway, I 'liked' your page and I've found also [url=Pigville Productions][/url] :;
D:

I love this one!

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#thumbsup#: :#love3#:

Is this a NZ forum?

:#sadno#: Most of the members are from the US, but there are some from NZ, Australia and Europe - mostly the UK. I happen to be from Poland. But I'm flying to NZ in September! :#aziz#: :#excited2#: If you need any extras then, I'll gladly help you out. :;
D:

We have [url=Greetings &
Introductions][/url] section where we introduce ourselves. You have already done it, but you can take a look and see where some of us are from.
Pigville

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 pm
Ha, that's awesome that you bothered to check out our other stuff, thanks!

Yeah that 'Goodbye Jimmy Reid', it's not my favourite but probably just because I find it a little bit embarrassing to watch, haha.

This is probably my favourite but it's very 'kiwi humour', should be fine if you like fotc though:

emira
emira

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:19 am
Pigville wrote:Yeah that 'Goodbye Jimmy Reid', it's not my favourite but probably just because I find it a little bit embarrassing to watch, haha.

It was in character, so no worries! :#evilgrin#:

This is probably my favourite but it's very 'kiwi humour', should be fine if you like fotc though:

I like deadpan kiwi humour and mockumentaries :#thumbsup#:
Pigville

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm
Perfect then! :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 pm
Pigville wrote:Perfect then! :#cheer#:

Me or you? :#haha#:
Pigville

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:31 pm
Must be both of us :#buttrock#:

emira
emira

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm
Pigville wrote:Must be both of us :#buttrock#:

Agree! :#buttrock#: :#buttrock#:

Now don't tell me you are not embarrassed watching that one! :#lol#:

For a moment I thought this picture behind your friend (awesome beards, btw :#thumbsup#: :#love3#: )

Jemaine doesn't like me Vlcsnap-2011-04-20-20h27m00s222.png

is something like the one behind Mel:

Jemaine doesn't like me Vlcsnap-2010-01-13-01h46m53s157.png

:#haha#:
Pigville

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm
Ha, na i'm not embarrassed by that one, it's one of my favourites!

Yeah we grew those beards for our other series 'Wellington City Rubbish Police' because in that we have giant moustaches so we thought that we might as well film The Heat n Eat with the beards just so that we would look different from all our other stuff.

Yes that picture is strikingly similar and I wish it was a secret tribute to FOTC but alas, it was just a coincidence, that picture was actually drawn by Guy's dad, we were filming at his dads house.
emira
emira

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 pm
Pigville wrote:Ha, na i'm not embarrassed by that one, it's one of my favourites!

Is it because we can't see your undies and it's about wanking? I think [url=Taika Waititi would like this video][/url]. :#haha#:

Yeah we grew those beards for our other series 'Wellington City Rubbish Police'

Checked :#thumbsup#: You guys are sick :#lol#:

Yes that picture is strikingly similar and I wish it was a secret tribute to FOTC but alas, it was just a coincidence, that picture was actually drawn by Guy's dad, we were filming at his dads house.

Artists from generation to generation :;
):
Pigville

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 am
I'm not wearing undies, haha, look again!

Yeah i'm pretty sure Taika would like it too...... it's just a matter of somehow getting it in front of him.... and that's the tough bit.
I met him once briefly, I was an extra in his movie 'Eagle vs Shark' and we had a mutual friend that introduced us, he wouldn't remember me and I couldn't even see myself in the final film but I was there somewhere, exiting a cinema.

What does that link 'Taika Waititi would like this video' do? I clicked on it and it took me to the Taika page but I couldn't see your tag/post.

I hope the episode of WCRP that you watched was 'Public Service Announcement', I'm really proud of that one but don't really like 'The Home Invasion'.
emira
emira

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:29 am
Pigville wrote:I'm not wearing undies, haha, look again!

:#hmm#: :#haha#:

Yeah i'm pretty sure Taika would like it too...... it's just a matter of somehow getting it in front of him.... and that's the tough bit.
I met him once briefly, I was an extra in his movie 'Eagle vs Shark' and we had a mutual friend that introduced us, he wouldn't remember me and I couldn't even see myself in the final film but I was there somewhere, exiting a cinema.

Surprised :#notworthy#: Yeah, the scene was cut short. :-\ :#therethere#:

What does that link 'Taika Waititi would like this video' do? I clicked on it and it took me to the Taika page but I couldn't see your tag/post.

Oh, sorry, sometimes the links within the Board don't work like they should be. There was an extract from [url=this interview][/url] with Taika. Check questions 5, 7 and 10 :;
):

I hope the episode of WCRP that you watched was 'Public Service Announcement', I'm really proud of that one but don't really like 'The Home Invasion'.

:#happyyes#: and then the second one. I think you're right. The montage is better, the film is quick paced and more is happening. And the story is more ridiculous. :#lol#:

Have you ever tried to be in 48 Hours competition?
Pigville

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:10 am
We (the 3 members of Pigville) have all acted in 48hr films over the years but we have never shot our own one, we make films frequently throughout the year anyway so for us the 48hr doesn't have much novelty so we just see it as a lot of stress and money all to make a film which is going to be sub-par compared to our others because we had to rush it, we would rather work on the script for a month and then film for a week and then edit over the next month and then have something that we actually want to show people at the end of it all.

Evidently they have the 48hr film competition in Poland too?

So why are you coming to NZ in September? I forgot to ask...
emira
emira

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 am
Pigville wrote:We (the 3 members of Pigville) have all acted in 48hr films over the years but we have never shot our own one, we make films frequently throughout the year anyway so for us the 48hr doesn't have much novelty so we just see it as a lot of stress and money all to make a film which is going to be sub-par compared to our others because we had to rush it, we would rather work on the script for a month and then film for a week and then edit over the next month and then have something that we actually want to show people at the end of it all.

You're right.

Evidently they have the 48hr film competition in Poland too?

No, we don't. We have some short film competitions around Poland, but the filmmakers have more time to make their films. I told my friend who makes amateur films in my hometown about the 48hr competition and he got interested in it. Maybe some time in the future he'll do something like that locally.

So why are you coming to NZ in September? I forgot to ask...

I've always wanted to see your country and RWC is just an excuse. I've got tickets on four matches, but I'd like to find a job and stay a little longer. I hope I can make it. :#shrug#:
Pigville

Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 am
Sounds cool. Plausibly I'll be working on the world cup as a camera operator, I haven't jacked it up yet and should really got onto it but I don''t like rugby so am kinda unmotivated, also I'm not sure what part of the country I will be in when it is filming. I go to Mexico next month for a couple of months but will come back to NZ when I Survived a Zombie Holocaust is released (so that I can bask in my own glory Razz )
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum