Venus
Ami
onlyalways
14 posters
Go down
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

When I met Jemaine... - Page 2 Empty Re: When I met Jemaine...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:10 pm
onlyalways wrote:
kipples wrote:When I met Jemaine... - Page 2 Jemdub1.png
I can't remember what we're laughing at in the last one but I'm happy that picture exists :#heart#:

Just reaffirming the obvious that this picture is spectacular. :#lol#: :#heart#:
Ditto that! (a million years later) :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

Thanks for sharing, Aimée! Smile
kipples
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm
Come to think of it, I remember when I first posed for the picture I heard him make the pppffffbbbb sound and I said something about how he knew to do it without being asked (of course he did *face palm*), so maybe I was little more obvious at my delight at his noise making? I'll have to ask the girls when I see them. Which won't be until March....best set a reminder.
mssaram
I'm not crying

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:16 pm
With the new year and all, I have been reminiscent of events that transpired over 2010 including officially meeting the JDawg. Ive been hesitant to post my account publicly, but with the current reminiscent state Ive been in and the fact that his birthday is right around the corner, I think Im ready to relay my account...which I will say that it was most definitely the best night of my life...

Ill probably post it here in a little bit if anyone is into it. When I get it all in tip top shape Ill be back to post...Brace yourselves. It's a long one.
emira
emira

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:31 pm
:#cheer#: :#excited2#:

Can't wait to read your account. :#glomp#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:41 pm
mssaram wrote:Ill probably post it here in a little bit if anyone is into it. When I get it all in tip top shape Ill be back to post...Brace yourselves. It's a long one.
:#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:35 pm
mssaram wrote:Brace yourselves. It's a long one.

I believe you. :#evilgrin#: :;
):

But yay, go for it! Say as much or as little as you are comfortable saying. :#cheer#: But of course I'm extra fond of the extended version. :;
D: :#popcorn#:
mssaram
I'm not crying

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 pm
Sorry guys. I got a little caught up with unexpected company but Im here as promised... :#excited#:

I was able to meet Jemaine at the Berkeley show last May. A couple friends of mine are mutual friends of theirs and were able to get me a pass. This was my third time seeing them, and each year prior to this one they weren’t able to do a meet and greet so it was really sweet of my friends to do that for me and Ill love them forever for it!

So after the show, we all waited in the seats to see if Nigel, who got us the passes, would maybe come out and lead us back. We were also going to use that opportunity to see if my friend Sarah could come too since we weren’t able to get her a pass initially. Well, a security guard came up and told us that they had already started letting people backstage. There was a curtain on the right side of the stage, near the front entrance, and security guards were checking for the badges we had to stick to our shirts. Therefore, no Nigel, and my friend couldn’t come with us. We were all bummed but I told her I would make it quick as I could.

So we go backstage and I see Arj with a camcorder with a big group of people. We stand by these humongous heat lamps to keep warm and Nigel comes in and starts talking to a group of Aussies. Eugene is also mingling and talking to people throughout. Finally after about 10 minutes, Jemaine and Bret come from the left hand entrance and were bombarded by a bunch of people. There were a lot of people back there too! So we waited patiently and Nigel eventually came up to us. We were introduced and I thanked him for the pass. My friends and him start catching up and I don’t really remember the conversation but I know we told him it was a really great show. We also asked if they minded the people screaming in the audience and he said that they love it because it gives them banter material or something. He said he really loved the venue because of the acoustics and what not. At this time he asks me if I met the guys yet. I tell him no and he’s like “Just bombard them!” and I said, “I wouldn’t want to do that!” and we both laughed, I nervously. He offered us drinks and as we’re standing there, Arj walks boy our group and says hello. He acts like he’s going to stop and chat, but keeps going. He does this about three more times while standing there. I try to see Arj when he’s in Sac so I’ve met him before a few times. I was just waiting for him to stop and actually talk to us. It was actually pretty funny. :#haha#:

So Nigel comes back with our drinks and Jemaine was still talking to people. I had my back to them, so I didn’t see it, but apparently Bret left. So I didn’t get to meet him at all, which is fine. Im just glad I got to meet Jemaine and Nigel. :#lol#: Hehehe…So Nigel says “Let’s go meet Jemaine!” and takes the three of us over to him. Nigel introduces us and we all tell him how wonderful of a show it was and he kind of looks bashful and thanks us. As we’re standing there the sweetest thing happened. This little lady comes up and apologizes for interrupting but tells Jemaine how much she adores them and how their music has changed her and her family’s life and how they just make her so happy. He again gets really bashful and thanks her for that. He then turns to us and all 5 of us and we start talking in a group. Jemaine was standing right next to me too and I felt like he was just towering over me!

I don’t exactly remember all of the conversation, but Heather starts to tell Jemaine and Nigel about how when she was in New Zealand, the primary schools teach the ukulele now. Jemaine says that they only had recorders in school and Jenny, Nigel, and I were like “Yah! That’s lame!” Then she went on to say that they also teach the recorder simultaneously and use the recorder for the horn parts. She went on to say that it’s cool because the teacher teaches them songs they like and know! Jemaine says, “Yih, all we learned was songs like Mary Had a Little Lamb and starts reciting the song in chords like this: 'B, B, B, B, A, G, G, A, G, G, A, G, G'. Im talking the whole song! :#rofl#: So we all laugh and the topic changes to square dancing in school. Nigel and Jemaine say they had folk dancing and we were all wondering if it was the same thing. Jemaine says that the only thing that was good about the folk dancing was that you were able to touch a girl! HA! Typical! So Jenny and Nigel start having their own conversation about something and then Jemaine and Heather start talking. She asks him if his sweater is New Zealand wool. He looks down at it, and says “Naaah.. *whispers* it’s Australian” Then Heather yells “Traitor!!” and I say “GASP!” and we all start laughing. He then turns to me :#loveeyes#: and asks me where I live. I tell him Sacramento, and he gives me a blank stare like where the hell is that!? So I go on to tell him that it’s about two hours from there and Heather says, “It’s the state capitol” and I say sarcastically :-x “Yah! Don’t you know that Jemaine!?” He looks at me and says “Why would I know that!?” Heather says, “It’s where Arnold lives!” I guess she said that because of his Arnold/Terminator impression during Robots! He starts going on about how New Zealand doesn't have states and that Wellington is the capitol. Oh silly Jemaine... Lol So Heather asks if she can take a photo of him and I. He says of course and takes a step back with open arms. So I thank him for the photo, and he says no problem. Then he says, “You’re on Myspace!” and I say, “Yah, do I look familiar or something?” and he says yes. I do the kind of head scratch like Im embarrassed and say, “Yah, I don’t know if that’s a good thing” :#blush#: He laughs and says “Oh no no…You’re Sara Marshall!” and I was like “YAH! That’s me” and he says, “Yah! You did that stippled drawing!” :#cloud9#: So I say yes I did do the drawing and him and Heather start talking for a minute. I don’t remember the conversation in between as I was freaking out inside knowing that he knew my effing name! I should have thanked him for everything but I totally blanked out!

At this time Im just staring at Jenny talking to Nigel, and Jemaine talking with Heather in disbelief not even able to comprehend how epic it all was. So some people come up to Jemaine when there’s a lull in the group conversation and they are literally standing right behind me, and Jemaine is standing right next to me looking at them. I couldn’t move because of where I was standing so it was kind of awkward. At this time, Arj comes up stares at each person in our group, looks at me, and says “Saraaa?” I nod. “Roseville?” I say “Yah! How are you!?” (Roseville is a suburb of Sacramento where I live) He says good to see you or something and I say, “Yah, you know my friend who Im always with at your shows?” “Oh yah!” “Yah, she’s here too actually!” “Oh she is? Where is she?” “Oh, she’s waiting outside.” At this time, he had Heather, Nigel’s and Jenny’s attention so Jenny says, “We couldn’t get her a pass unfortunately” and Arj pulls out a pass and says “This should help!” :#ded#: I stare at it and say “Really!?” and everyone was telling me to go go go!! :#bolt#:

At this time everyone was pretty much leaving the party so I knew I needed to be quick. So when we walk back in, Arj was talking to people, and so was Jemaine and were on total opposite ends of the backstage area. So we wait in the middle and when Arj says goodbye to his friends, we go up to him and thank him for the pass. He says no problem and tells us he has to go pack up. We follow him over to where Jemaine was chatting with people, and wait patiently to say hi and hopefully get a photo for my friend Sarah.

At this time, Jemaine was still chatting and we patiently waited for a lull in the conversation. His tour manager told him that they needed to leave and I can’t believe I did this but I interjected and said, “Sorry Jemaine, but just real quick. I would like to just introduce you to my friend Sarah” He shook her hand but really needed to go so it was a really short exchange, but that’s ok. I felt a bit awkward for doing that but he didn’t seem bothered or anything. He was actually really smiley. :#jem#: We say goodbye to Nigel and he gives me a kiss on the cheek goodbye. :#ded#: As we were walking away, I waved at Jemaine and he kept waving at me as they were walking away with this look in his face like sorry he had to leave. Oh Jemaine! Heather gives Nigel 3 of her latest CDs...One for each of the guys basically. So she tells him that I drew the front cover and he was just like “Wow! That’s really great! You are really talented!” :#squee#: We say goodbye and went to Jenny and Heather’s house to drink wine and reminisce. BEST. NIGHT. OF. MY. LIFE!! :#squee#:
theMrs.
Considering second-hand underpants

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 am
:#ded#:
You're so lucky. :#hug#:
One day, it'll be me telling these stories.

But for now, i'll stick to my imagination. :')
SheWolf
Bowie's in space

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 am
:#notworthy#: I never tire of hearing every detail of fan encounters with J, each one makes me appreciate him even more. Thanks for sharing Sara.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 am
Sara, I love it. :#inlove#: :#cloud9#: :#inlove#: How awesome that you got to go backstage and that Arj knew who you were! Oh yea, as well as Jemaine. :#lol#: :#wah#: Wonderful that you were apart of some nice conversations with him

SheWolf wrote: :#notworthy#: I never tire of hearing every detail of fan encounters with J, each one makes me appreciate him even more. Thanks for sharing Sara.

:#happyyes#: :#happyyes#: :#love3#:

mssaram wrote:He was actually really smiley. :#jem#:

He was super smiley and almost giddy when we met him leaving the venue! Myself, Ami, Chrissy, Nik, Sara, and Chloe must have seen him probably not even minutes after you! :#excited#: Thanks for making him so happy for us. :;
):
emira
emira

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 pm
Sara, that was REALLY EPIC! :#ded#: :#cloud9#: :#ded#:

Thank you for telling all this to us :#glomp#: :#love3#: So jealous, but happily jealous that Jemaine remembers your name :#thud#:

Oh, Jemaine :#inlove#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#: :#inlove#:

and

:#nigel#: :#blowkiss#:

:#arj#: :#blowkiss#:

:#love3#: :#blowkiss#:

and a bit for :#bret#: :#blowkiss#:
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 pm
awwww - Sara! what a fantastic meet up story!!!

thank you so very much for sharing it with us! :#angel#: :#blowkiss#:

what sweethearts they all are... :#nigel#: :#blowkiss#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#: :B-): :#blowkiss#: especially (and i'm sure :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: had he been able to stick around Smile ).

i second the thank you for helping make jemaine all happy before he headed out to meet his [s:19jx4fyi]goofy[/s:19jx4fyi]completely professional fans Smile .
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:03 am
:#inlove#: I'll never get tired of reading this story. :#happyno#:

Thanks for taking the time to share it with with us Sara! :#glomp#:

onlyalways wrote:
mssaram wrote:He was actually really smiley. :#jem#:
He was super smiley and almost giddy when we met him leaving the venue! Myself, Ami, Chrissy, Nik, Sara, and Chloe must have seen him probably not even minutes after you! :#excited#: Thanks for making him so happy for us. :;
):
YES! :#lol#: It was such a wonderful night. :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#:
mssaram
I'm not crying

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 am
You all are too sweet! Aww Im glad he was happy and giddy when he came out to see you guys...and Im even more happier that they actually did a meet and greet! It was about time! :#haha#:

One thing I do regret, and I know Ive said to some of you before, is that I didn't get to meet those of you at the show!!! I really hope that if they tour the states again any time soon that you all are able to come back to the bay area so we can have a proper meeting.
Venus
Posing like a swan

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm
:#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Sara! I absolutely love reading all the details of everyone's encounters with the boys so thanks for giving such a detailed account. That's so cool that Jemaine and Arj recognised you. I'm so happy that you were finally able to meet him and Nigel and that you had a great time! :#love3#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 pm
Wow, such an amazing experience!! :#ded#:

:#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: for Jemaine knowing your name and drawing, Arj remembering you and getting your friend a pass, and everything!!

And umm, NIGEL KISSED YOUR CHEEK. :#thud#:

Thanks so much for sharing, Sara! :#glomp#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum