Go down
emira
emira

ABC Radio Interview - October 06, 2006 Empty ABC Radio Interview - October 06, 2006

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 pm
On their own, Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie are just two unassuming guys - but working together they make for a kind of folk-comedy explosion called The Flight of the Conchords. They describe themselves as 'New Zealand's fourth most popular folk parody act' and have enjoyed total sell-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe. They currently have an arrangement with HBO in the US for a 12-episode TV series due to screen in 2007.

One of their songs is about girls wanting to kiss them (they hoped that if they wrote a song about it, it may happen - and it did!). "The first time it happened we didn't know what to do. There was quite a big line... about ten girls (maybe seven - I was rounding up - using the Swedish rounding)... They were sort of like, 'Come on, you said you were going to kiss us!' and then we were like, 'That's just our characters' - you've got to be careful what you wish for..."

Bret has quietly tasted success previously - as an elf in The Lord of the Rings. "I got to tell Arwen to hurry up," he remembers. "It was crucial for the third film to succeed... Quietly, I think I influenced the success of the film. A lot of people don't even know it's me - even my family was surprised when I told them."

download the interview here: MP3 (the part with FotC starts after about 32:30 min. and runs till the end)

Admin note: will fix download link if ever I can get ahold of this mp3 again.

Jemaine  Blowing a kiss  Bret  Blowing a kiss

Why do the BBC keep so much goodness just for themselves?   Sad love   I'm starting to suspect them that they caused this situation:

But then one night, some heated words were said and Flight Of The Conchords left in a huff. We haven't been back since. That was five years ago.

Do the Guys have any rights to this material?  Suspicious  Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines... Haha
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum