sargifster
18 posters
Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Rio - Page 13 Empty Re: Rio

Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 am
Kinda late with posting this news but.....

[size=150:1psne66u]Rio Hits Blu-ray and DVD on August 2
Source: Fox Home Entertainment
June 15, 2011

Rio - Page 13 Riobluray.jpg

Fox Home Entertainment announced today that Rio will arrive on Blu-ray and DVD on August 2nd. The Blu-ray will include exclusive bonus levels of "
Angry Birds Rio."
Here's the specs:

As summer heats up, spread your wings and celebrate with the funniest birds in town! The all-new comedy-adventure RIO comes to Blu-ray and DVD from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. RIO brings together vivid characters and colorful backdrops amidst energizing Latin and contemporary tunes, creating the ultimate family-friendly music and dance experience for audiences of all ages. In addition to more than one hour of special bonus features and materials, consumers will have access to all-new exclusive levels of the smash video game hit Angry Birds Rio®️ that showcase your favorite characters from the film!

Captured as a young bird from the wild, Blu (Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network) is a domesticated Spix Macaw living thousands of miles away from his homeland, Brazil. When his human owner Linda (Leslie Mann, 17 Again) discovers that he is the last male of his kind, they head south to Rio de Janeiro to meet the only other female. But it’s far from love at first sight between the socially-awkward, flight-challenged Blu and the fiercely independent, high-flying female, Jewel (Anne Hathaway, The Princess Diaries). Shortly after Blu’s arrival, the two rare birds are captured by greedy animal smugglers and find themselves lost in the Brazilian rainforest. Unexpectedly thrown together, they embark on a hilarious and clumsy adventure where they learn about friendship, love, courage and spreading one’s wings to fly.

The creators of ICE AGE bring audiences a whole new tropical adventure in RIO featuring the most colorful cast of characters south of the Equator, including George Lopez (Beverly Hills Chihuahua), Tracy Morgan (“30 Rock”), Jemaine Clement (Despicable Me), Rodrigo Santoro (Che), will.i.am (Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa), Jamie Foxx (Dreamgirls), Jane Lynch (“Glee”), and Wanda Sykes (Over The Hedge).

RIO will be available on 3-Disc Party Edition, featuring the Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy;
as well as in a 2-Disc DVD Party Edition. It is available in the U.S. and Canada.

RIO Blu-ray (Catalog #2275626)
● Special Features
○ Explore the World of Rio
■ Beach
■ Jungle
■ City
■ Stadium
● Blu Shows the Way (Introduction)
● Boom-Boom Tish Tish: The Sounds of Rio
● The Making of Hot Wings
● Saving the Species: One Voice at a Time
● The Real Rio
● Welcome to Rio Music Video
● Deleted Scene: “Fruit Stand”
● Postcards from Rio
● Carnival Dance O Rama
○ Intro
○ Blu
○ Jewel
○ Luiz
○ Monkeys
○ Nico and Pedro
○ Raphael
○ Samba Line
● Rio de JAM-eiro Jukebox
● Taio Cruz – Telling the World Music Video
● Angry Birds Rio – Trailer
● Angry Birds Rio – Nigel Mash Up
● Angry Birds Rio – Instructional Video
● Live Lookup Powered By IMDB

Street Date: August 2, 2011
Pre-book Date: TBD
Screen Format: 2.40:1
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital,
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital,
French 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English, Spanish
U.S. Rating: G
Total Run Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

RIO DVD (Catalog #2275619) ● Special Features
○ Explore the World of Rio
■ Beach
■ Jungle
■ City
■ Stadium
● Blu Shows the Way (Introduction)
● Boom-Boom Tish Tish: The Sounds of Rio
● The Making of Hot Wings
● Saving the Species: One Voice at a Time
● The Real Rio
● Welcome to Rio Music Video
● Deleted Scene: “Fruit Stand”
● Carnival Dance O Rama
○ Intro
○ Blu
○ Jewel
○ Luiz
○ Monkeys
○ Nico and Pedro
○ Raphael
○ Samba Line
● Rio de JAM-eiro Jukebox
● Taio Cruz – Telling the World Music Video
● Angry Birds Rio – Trailer
● Angry Birds Rio – Nigel Mash Up
● Angry Birds Rio – Instructional Video

Street Date: August 2, 2011
Pre-book Date: TBD
Screen Format: 2.40:1
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital,
Spanish 2.0 Surround DD,
French 2.0 Surround DD
Subtitles: English, Spanish
U.S. Rating: G
Total Run Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

[url=source][/url]

And also this...

Rio - Page 13 2wluk2g.jpg

[url=source][/url]

:#heart#: :#jem#: :#heart#:
emira
emira

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:18 am
Amily wrote:Kinda late with posting this news but.....

It's not that late, since we still have June and the release is in August. :#thumbsup#:

Rio - Page 13 2wluk2g.jpg

[url=source][/url]

:#heart#: :#jem#: :#heart#:

:#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#:
introinter2003
Considering second-hand underpants

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 am
Lovely!! I´m so used to his furry look that i think i´ll miss it after it´s gone.
He´s wearing my favourite glasses, the same as in IFC Spirit Awards night <

Oh and huge head!! But he needs it to carry all his great brain, full of geniousness, witticism, and creativitiness
emira
emira

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm
introinter2003 wrote:Lovely!! I´m so used to his furry look that i think i´ll miss it after it´s gone.
He´s wearing my favourite glasses, the same as in IFC Spirit Awards night <

I think they're now his regular glasses. I got used to them. :#love3#:

Oh and huge head!! But he needs it to carry all his great brain, full of geniousness, witticism, and creativitiness

His head is perfect with his beautiful face and proportional to his great body. It's just our heads are so small. Smile
introinter2003

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:23 am
emira wrote:His head is perfect with his beautiful face and proportional to his great body. It's just our heads are so small. Smile

Of course it is!! All of his is!!! I would not mind to let his big head rest in my bossom anytime he wanted :#evilgrin#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 pm
Recently uploaded. Smile :#heart#:

Rio - Page 13 250tr8i.jpg

[url=source][/url]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 pm
Jemaine has been nominated for an Annie Award! :#excited#:

[size=150:oqgts1rq]Voice Acting in a Feature Production
Ashley Jensen as Bryony “Arthur Christmas” – Sony Pictures Animation, Aardman Animations
Bill Nighy as Grandsanta “Arthur Christmas” – Sony Pictures Animation, Aardman Animations
Gary Oldman as Shen “Kung Fu Panda 2” – DreamWorks Animation
James Hong as Mr. Ping “Kung Fu Panda 2” DreamWorks Animation
[size=130:oqgts1rq]Jemaine Clement as Nigel “Rio” – Blue Sky Studios
Jim Cummings as Featherstone “Gnomeo and Juliet” – Touchstone Pictures
Zach Galifianakis as Humpty Alexander Dumpty “Puss In Boots” – DreamWorks Animation[/align]
[url=source][/url]

Go Jemaine! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 pm
Amily wrote:Jemaine has been nominated for an Annie Award! :#excited#:

Awesome! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm
Their FYC ad:

Rio - Page 13 1z48zkp.jpg
emira
emira

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:48 am
I loved the soundtrack. I'm glad it's got so many nominations. :#clap#: :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am
What a treat to our Brazilian Flighty! :#excited#: Jemaine is back in Rio 2! :#excited#:

[size=150:19o4x26b]Twentieth Century Fox Animation Announces RIO 2 Casting

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00pm EST

http://pdf.reuters.com/htmlnews/8knews. ... nBw225613a

Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg and the Rest of the Original Gang Are Back for the Follow-up to the 2011 Animated Hit

An Exciting Lineup of Top Acting and Musical Talents Joins the 'RIO' Family

LOS ANGELES--(Business Wire)--
The starring voice cast of Twentieth Century Fox's 2011 animated smash RIO is reuniting for the follow-up, RIO 2, and they are joined by a flock of top actors and musical talents new to the franchise, it was announced today by Vanessa Morrison, president of Twentieth Century Fox Animation.

The film is now in production at Blue Sky Studios. Twentieth Century Fox's international rollout begins March 20, 2014, followed by its domestic release on April 11, 2014.

Returning to RIO 2, a world rich with grandeur, character, color and music are Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, [size=150:19o4x26b]Jemaine Clement, will.i.am, Tracy Morgan, George Lopez, Leslie Mann, Rodrigo Santoro, Brazilian singer Bebel Gilberto, Jake T.
Austin, and Jamie Foxx.

Carlos Saldanha, who was inspired to create RIO based upon his experiences growing up in that city, is back as director, as are producers John C. Donkin and Bruce Anderson.

In RIO 2 we find Blu, Jewel and their three kids living the perfect domesticated life in that magical city. When Jewel decides the kids need to learn to live like real birds, she insists the family venture into the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in with his new neighbors, he worries he may lose Jewel and the kids to the call of the wild.

Joining the RIO 2 team are Oscar nominee Andy Garcia, Grammy winner Bruno Mars, Emmy/Tony winner Kristin Chenoweth, Oscar/Emmy/Tony/Grammy winner Rita Moreno, "
The Hunger Games'"
Amandla Stenberg, singer/actress Rachel Crow, "
Looper's"

Pierce Gagnon, and "
Today"
news anchor Natalie Morales.

Brazilian music legend and RIO executive music producer Sergio Mendes returns along with composer John Powell. RIO 2 will feature new Brazilian artists and original music by Janelle Monáe and The Wondaland Arts Society, who also voices a role in the film. Soundtrack will be released on Atlantic Records.

Released worldwide in April 2011, RIO's global box office tally is $486 million. It also was a huge hit on DVD and Blu-ray disc.
[url=reuters][/url]
Jairyanna

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm
Awesome!!! :;
D: I finally bought Rio today after watching lots of clips of Jemaine's part - just about to watch it. That's great we'll hear more of him next year :#excited2#:
I wonder if he'll get to do another song..? :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm
Jairyanna wrote:I wonder if he'll get to do another song..? :#excited2#:

My thoughts exactly! :#pray#:
Jairyanna

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm
emira wrote:FREE BIRD! (I know it sounds stupid, considering how annoying the hecklers are with this song, but I couldn't stop myself Razz )

(This is a bit of a tangent, so please forgive me, but) I've been wondering what all this Free Bird stuff is about? Razz I'd never heard the song before, but I know they started playing it (very well) on tour after people heckling them for it. What's the connection/ why were people asking for it in the first place..? Confused :#shrug#:
emira
emira

Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 pm
Jairyanna wrote:
emira wrote:FREE BIRD! (I know it sounds stupid, considering how annoying the hecklers are with this song, but I couldn't stop myself Razz )

(This is a bit of a tangent, so please forgive me, but) I've been wondering what all this Free Bird stuff is about? Razz I'd never heard the song before, but I know they started playing it (very well) on tour after people heckling them for it. What's the connection/ why were people asking for it in the first place..? Confused :#shrug#:

Yeah, this is something strange to us European audience. I didn't understand it myself, but this is how [url=wikipedia educated me][/url],

It has become something of a humorous tradition for audience members at concerts to shout "
Free Bird"
as a request to hear the song, regardless of the performer or style of music. The phenomenon began earlier in the 1970s with The Allman Brothers Band's epic "
Whipping Post"
, but then took off to a much greater extent with "
Free Bird"
, which was very popular by 1979. This can be traced back to Skynyrd's first live album, 1976's One More from the Road. For their second encore, Van Zant asked the crowd, "
What song is it you wanna hear?"
, which was immediately followed by several shouts of "
Free Bird"
, to which the band responded with a 14-minute rendition of the song. The spoken interaction was reproduced on the album as an introduction to the song.
Jairyanna

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am
Ahhhh, thanks. That is indeed enlightening Smile I was so confused when I saw videos of it, I was thinking "
That's not even one of their songs"
:#lol#:
Camisp
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm
Yay!!!! Nigel will be back!!!
emira
emira

Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 am
[url=http:
//www.
thesun.
co.
uk/sol/homepage/video/sun-exclusive/4927737/Rio-2-Exclusive-trailer.
html:13f01etx]Rio 2 exclusive trailer[/url:13f01etx] with mean cockatoo at the end. Smile
emira
emira

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:31 pm
Full trailer! :#excited#:

emira
emira

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm
More about Jemaine's evil character in Rio 2,

Threats are very real, however, from the deadly Nigel, the sadistic sulphur-crested cockatoo (Jemaine Clement). Defeated in the original film, Nigel is bent on revenge against the macaw family. "
He's better and badder than ever,"
says Saldanha. "
He's a delicious villain."

Nigel enlists the help of a non-speaking anteater called Charlie and Gabi the frog, who is besotted with the tuft-heavy cockatoo. Chenoweth insists her poisonous character is not bad, just a little "
misunderstood"
and emotionally vulnerable.

"
Have you ever been in love before? Have you ever done something in the name of love you maybe wished you hadn't? That's my little Gabi,"
she says.

In the tradition of Rio's Oscar-nominated song, Real in Rio, the Nigel-Gabi pairing allows Chenoweth and Clement to sing together. The Broadway veteran calls the result "
magic."

"
I will say it and stand by it, this is the best song by a poisonous frog ever,"
says Chenoweth. "
People love a song about heartbreak. Has it ever been told from the viewpoint of a female poisonous frog? I don't think so."
[url=more about the movie][/url]

I love how Nigel's story evolves :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:40 pm
emira
emira

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:56 pm
from the review/preview of Rio 2

Having found the first Rio film slightly underwhelming, I was pleasantly surprised by how entertained I was by the preview footage. Almost all of the credit for this goes to Rio’s villain, Nigel, who, after a nasty accident involving some plane propellers at the end of the first film, has been left bitter and unable to fly. Voiced by Jemaine Clement, one half of Flight of the Conchords, his off-the-wall brand of humour makes for some really funny scenes, as well as giving the film a slight edge that has the potential to broaden the film’s appeal beyond its primary family audience.

Nigel is one of those characters whose humour may slightly bypass the younger generation but provides some brilliant entertainment for the older audience. [size=150:3n77jycg]Perhaps Nigel makes such a great villain because Rio’s director, Saldanha, a self-confessed Flight of the Conchords fan, wrote the character specifically with Clement in mind.

Clement’s talent for witty songwriting particularly comes to life in a brilliant scene where Nigel performs a parody of ‘I Will Survive‘, in an X-Factor-style audition. Saldanha knew he wanted to feature a humorous take on I Will Survive in the scene, but [size=150:3n77jycg]the lyrics in the finished song – rap included – are a product of Clement’s imagination.
[url=Bleeding Cool][/url]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:04 pm
Jemaine at work on Rio 2:

Rio - Page 13 N5o5h.png
emira
emira

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm
[url=Rio 2 interview with Jemaine about his character, Nigel.][/url]

emira
emira

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:20 pm
[url=Collection of behind the scenes footage from Jemaine Clement (Nigel) working on Rio 2.][/url]

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum