Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Jemaine interviews Bret for Guano Magazine - 2001 Empty Jemaine interviews Bret for Guano Magazine - 2001

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:48 pm
FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS present 'FOLK THE WORLD'

Season: Wednesday 2 ­ Saturday 5 May Time: 10.00pm Tickets: waged $12.00/ concession $10.00

Wild folk child Bret McKenzie, of Flight of the Conchords, is interviewed by notorious muthafolka Jemaine Clement, of Flight of the Conchords for Guano Magazine.

Jemaine for Guano Magazine : Hey bro, what's up?
Bret: What are you on about Jim? What do you mean what's up?

Jemaine: Remember last time we stayed here, that thing with the fish?
B: No.

J: You remember...
B: I said no!!! I don't remember. I don't fuckin remember!! Drop it! I'm serious.

J: O.K. [uncomfortable pause] (I skip through my questions about the fish, and notice that's all my questions. I use my wits and freestyle some, realising my approach will have to be more tenetative from now on.)

J: What the... what is the ..is there any..umm.. is folk.. remember that time we...what did you do today?
B: I was with you! Then you told me to go outside and come back in.

J: Hows your mum?
B: She's good, she's in Auckland.

J: Is folk music dead bro?!?
B: Folk is a cat. It has nine lives. Its first was with the ancient druids of old singing their oral history with ballads and dirges {Editors note..transcript has been condensed} ..and finally there is us - Flight of the Conchords. Folk on bro, into that ever dwindling light.

After the interview Bret drags us off to some party, of course all of the proponents of millenium folk are there. Folk on man.
Source
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum