Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's Empty Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 am
BATS Theatre recently celebrated it's 30th anniversary. Here's Bret, Loren Taylor, Jackie van Beek and others chatting about what BATS means to them and what it was like in the 90's.  Smile

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's PbF6iinl

Watch here

Turning 30 affects us all differently and BATS Theatre is no exception. 2019 has been a year of celebration, reflection and forward thinking. It seems only fitting that BATS’ end of year party and 30th finale reflects this journey.

SUNSET, a 12-hour misremembering of Wellington in the 1990s.

Created by Brigid Connor and Paula van Beek SUNSET is a free, all-night event inspired by the world premiere of Garry Henderson’s Sunset Cafe at BATS which they saw when they were young teens back in 1993! The performances, staging and themes were fresh and relevant to their teenage selves. The work made Brigid want to be a theatre maker, and it made Paula want to stay up all night.

The event is a homage to 1990s Wellington, as well as being a ritual for letting go. Created specifically for BATS’ 30th birthday it celebrates the past, but also encourages the arts community to let BATS to grow up from its grungy youth and shift into a new phase. The event takes over all three floors of 1 Kent Tce with food, drinks, dancing, design installations, VJs, a live 12-hour broadcast on Radio Active, pop up cinema and more!  Stay up all night with us and see in a new dawn.

A couple pics from sunset_90s_wellington on instagram.

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's U1hqmbXl

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's 3DkQSTZl
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's Empty Re: Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:57 am
I love this, is always better when they're more relaxed I think. I'm pretty sure Bret broke the stream thing they were doing though, because I think all the others where on for way longer Laughing
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's Empty Re: Bret and friends chat about BATS Theatre in the 90's

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 pm
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:I'm pretty sure Bret broke the stream thing they were doing though, because I think all the others where on for way longer Laughing

I didn't watch the whole thing, that's hilarious and easy to believe. Laughing Bret Blowing a kiss
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum