Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

I Used to Go Here (2020) Empty I Used to Go Here (2020)

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:17 am
Zara wrote:
Gillian Jacobs & Jemaine Clement Lead Cast In Kris Rey Comedy ‘I Used To Go Here’

EXCLUSIVE: Gillian Jacobs (Community) and Jemaine Clement (What We Do In The Shadows) lead cast in writer-director Kris Rey’s (Unexpected) under-the-radar comedy feature I Used To Go Here, which has recently wrapped production in Chicago.

Myriad will launch international sales at the Toronto Film Festival. UTA Independent Film Group is repping domestic.

Supporting cast includes Hannah Marks (Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency), Forrest Goodluck (The Miseducation of Cameron Post), Josh Wiggins (Hellion), Kate Micucci (The Last Laugh), Jorma Taccone (Saturday Night Live) and Zoe Chao (Where’d You Go, Bernadette).

The film will follow Kate Conklin (Jacobs) who is in a rut. Her engagement is called off, her first book isn’t doing so hot, and all her friends are having babies. Out of nowhere she gets a call from her old professor, David Kirkpatrick (Clement), asking her to come back to her alma mater to do a reading. She’s suddenly back at her old school, hanging out with college kids and getting into trouble.

Writer/Director Rey said, “I am so grateful I got to work with this cast. They were all so cool to collaborate with and they brought so much life and humor to the film each day. I truly can’t wait to share what we’ve made together. The chemistry between them on and off set was really special and I think it’s going to translate into a super funny and moving film.”

Myriad Pictures’ Kirk D’Amico commented, “We really loved the humor and tone of Kris’ script. We are excited to be working with Kris and the filmmaking team and of course this very talented cast that all do comedy so well including Gillian and Jemaine.”

Read full article here

Last edited by Ami on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

I Used to Go Here (2020) Empty Re: I Used to Go Here (2020)

Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:16 pm
Finally an update!

I Used to Go Here will premiere at the 2020 SXSW Film Festival in March! No word yet on if Jemaine will be there.

And a first look!

I Used to Go Here (2020) C1NzPoa

And a couple bts shots from director Kris Rey.

I Used to Go Here (2020) DbaojMj

I Used to Go Here (2020) 2aUtNbn

Last edited by Ami on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:44 am
Hopefully he will be!

Those images look so awesome, I love Jemaine's new thing of annotating each picture Laughing
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:Those images look so awesome, I love Jemaine's new thing of annotating each picture Laughing

I DIED when I woke this morning and read all that. It took me awhile to even be able to respond. Laughing Been going through something tough and I really needed that. Heart
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 pm
I Used to Go Here (2020) BQxpKMM

Another one from hannahgmarks  Heart eyes
I Used to Go Here (2020) Sp0t49N
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:01 am
And J's necessary commentary aka garbage tweets. Haha Love 3

I Used to Go Here (2020) Uxeq778l
I Used to Go Here (2020) Jlw8a44l
I Used to Go Here (2020) 8ChDFArl
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 am
Ami wrote:I DIED when I woke this morning and read all that. It took me awhile to even be able to respond. Laughing Been going through something tough and I really needed that. Heart

It's so awesome, I kinda want him to do that to all images from now on Laughing

It's awesome how his tweets can instantly make you feel happier Smile
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun May 03, 2020 10:59 am
I Used to Go Here (2020) GKLklzK
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun May 03, 2020 11:14 am
A couple stills.

I Used to Go Here (2020) WJx7DwT

I Used to Go Here (2020) WdWJbmY
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun May 03, 2020 11:18 am
And some unfortunate news.  Sad

Why Gillian Jacobs' SXSW Comedy Isn't Taking Amazon Prime’s Offer To Stream The Movie
SEAN O'CONNELL
APR. 9. 2020

I Used to Go Here (2020) MgN0U21l

When the South By Southwest film festival was forced to shut down, uncertainty gripped virtually every filmmaker who was set to premiere their films in Austin, Texas. Even bigger-budget films from major studios (like The Lovebirds, starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae) didn’t know their distribution chances, as movie theaters slowly closed in the weeks following the SXSW change. Over time, a glimmer of hope surfaced when Amazon Prime announced plans to stream SXSW films to help them reach a broader audience.

But at least one filmmaker who we were able to speak with explained why that streaming deal wasn’t as positive as audiences might have realized.

Kris Rey was bringing her comedy, I Used to Go Here, to SXSW before the shit hit the fan. Her movie stars Community’s Gillian Jacobs as a first-time author who retreats to her college town when poor sales cancel her book tour. She recently joined our ReelBlend podcast to open up about the making of the film, and when we asked if she’d show the movie via the newly-announced Amazon streaming offer, Rey told us:

We were asked. I think everybody was asked. And unfortunately, we had to turn down the opportunity, as much as I would love to do it. The financiers, and the people that have a vested interest in the movie being sold feel, rightly, that this would possibly hurt our chances of actually selling the film.

When asked to clarify, Kris Rey went into more detail, elaborating:

Let’s say a distributor, let’s say IFC or Sony, wanted to buy the film, maybe they would decide that they wanted to do a theatrical release. And then they would want the film to ultimately end up online. So it’d ultimately go to Netflix or Amazon or one of those streaming services. And they would be afraid that the moment would have passed. If it’s available on Amazon Prime, and its unlimited how many people can watch that, people who are excited about the movie – however many hundreds of thousands of people watch it for free on Amazon – then later, when the movie does start its natural streaming service life, it will be old news. Or if they do a theatrical release, people will not be motivated to go see it in a theater.

It’s a very valid concern. Movies like I Used to Go Here fight hard enough for theatrical space alongside the glut of blockbusters that crowd multiplexes when they are open. On the surface, opening a movie to a service like Amazon Prime seems to be a win in the short term. But Kris Rey is right to be concerned that such a window could damage her movie’s chances at success later on, when she’d be trying to reach audiences in a theater.

To hear our full interview with Kris Rey, listen to this week’s ReelBlend episode.

Kris Rey tells us that she hopes to have an announcement on the distribution plans for her comedy, I Used to Go Here, soon. We’ll report them as soon as we have them, as the movie – which stars Gillian Jacobs, Jemaine Clement, Kate Micucci and Jorma Taccone – is really funny, and is worth your time.
source
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum