Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Lawrence Arabia - Everybody Wants Something Empty Lawrence Arabia - Everybody Wants Something

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 pm

A depressing wedding gig is enlivened by an overzealous cameo appearance.

Directed by Loren Taylor

Last edited by Ami on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Lawrence Arabia - Everybody Wants Something Empty Re: Lawrence Arabia - Everybody Wants Something

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:30 am
Lawrence Arabia - Everybody Wants Something KgNbDBm

Jemaine Clement Stars In Lawrence Arabia's Hilarious New Video

As a larger-than-life wedding guest...

ROBIN MURRAY 19 · 06 · 2019

New Zealand actor Jemaine Clement joined his fellow countryman Lawrence Arabia in his new video.

The project's new album follows its singles club experiment, in which Lawrence Arabia worked alongside a host of friends and admirers.

Now on tour in the UK, Lawrence Arabia has decided to share the hilarious video for album highlight 'Everybody Wants Something'.

Co-starring Jemaine Clement - Flight Of The Conchords - as an ostentatious wedding guest, it's a charming, slightly bittersweet clip.

Lawrence explains: "For 'Everybody Wants Something', Loren Taylor (director) and I were talking about doing a simple performative music video. We got really obsessed with Paul Simon's 'You Can Call Me Al' video and were discussing trying to create something in that vein – colourful and silly."

He adds: "I had a pipe dream of asking our mutual friend Jemaine Clement to be in it, despite his insane global schedule. In the meantime, Loren's creative brain was quietly gestating the idea over the months that we waited to be able to make the video."

"What we ended up with was far greater and more nuanced than I could have imagined. It's still funny, but it's funny in that very uncannily melancholic way that Roy Andersson is. The best things are sad and funny and I think this is a very good thing."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum