Go down
Dove
I'm making a lasagne... for one

I miss Bret :( Empty I miss Bret :(

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 pm
I respect that he's a private man, but I still miss him. I got into FOTC because of him.

Is this website used? I tried to connect with fans on twitter, but they've already formed their own groups. I feel like an outsider there.
emira
emira

I miss Bret :( Empty Re: I miss Bret :(

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:37 pm
Hi Dove,

Welcome to the Message Board! It is still used but not as much as in its hay day which was about ten years ago, when the Conchords had their 'boom' with the TV show.

We miss Bret too, although he's been spotted out and about more often in the last 2-3 months, especially when he toured with the Congress of Animals in NZ.

Enjoy browsing and discovering what we've archived here and if there's anything you want to ask for, don't hesitate to do it.

Have fun!
Sylwia
Dove

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:22 pm
Forums everywhere are dying out now that twitter/social media have gotten so big. It's too bad. When forums are active, they're a lot easier to hop into convos and be part of a community.

To me twitter feels like a bunch of sororities who only talk to their own. I don't think it's intentional, it's just the way it's set up. On a forum, you write something, and everyone sees it and can participate. Whereas on twitter, you write something, and only the people you tag are sure to see it. So even if you don't want to be exclusive, it's unavoidable. Sad
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:57 pm
Welcome Dove! :#wave#:

Yes, sadly like emira said the board is still used, just not as much as it once was. There is just a a small few of us that still get on and try to keep things up to date as much as we can.

I agree about social media... it definitely ruined message boards/forums. I feel the same about the lack of community on twitter, everyone is just out for themselves even though I have made some good friends there. Anyway, if you ever see me around, please do feel free to butt into any conversations. :;
D:

Hope you have fun digging stuff up here. Let us know if there's anything missing or broken links!
Dove

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 pm
I think twitter requires a certain personality type to enjoy all the fighting and drama that goes on there, and I just don't have it. I'm not an especially confrontational person, and I'm not wild about people who are.

Forums/message boards need a revival. They were such a central part of the internet for decades. It's almost like email going out of style.
Zara
Zara

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi Dove!

I agree, I'd prefer to talk FOTC here than on twitter, it can be rough, but I've been blocking/unfollowing/muting people if they cause drama.

But anyways, are you following Bret on his Instagram? its at , he went to see Phil Collins last night!
Dove

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 pm
I'm not on instagram, but I do check his page occasionally for new photos. Is instagram worth joining? I don't take many exciting photos, so I never bothered to sign up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum