Go down
Zara
Zara

Legion - Page 2 Empty Re: Jemaine joins the cast of 'Legion'

Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:34 pm
onlyalways wrote:
I REALLY liked the pilot. I think it looks incredibly promising. I wasn't a big fan of Divorce, so it's going to be refreshing to have Jemaine in a show that I would probably be watching on my own even if he wasn't in it. Jemaine is just an incredible bonus.

THIS.

Can't wait to see Jemaine singing and dancing.
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 am
In response to something along the lines of "
looking for Jemaine in Legion"
[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
com/user/NIAMARA27/media/Screenshot_20170216-113033_zpsmj6ccwcs.
jpg.
html:vradyhm5]Legion - Page 2 Screenshot_20170216-113033_zpsmj6ccwcs.jpg[/url:vradyhm5]

Fooey :/

I bet we'll hear his voice again before then though.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:58 pm
I saw that! I'm disappointed but at least the show itself is good and I'm enjoying it even with the lack of Jemaine. :#haha#:

Hopefully, it really is just one more episode until he's on though. :#pray#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:55 pm
Amily wrote:I saw that! I'm disappointed but at least the show itself is good and I'm enjoying it even with the lack of Jemaine. :#haha#:

Hopefully, it really is just one more episode until he's on though. :#pray#:

Yeah it helps A LOT that I'm loving the show. But Jemaine may serve as a distraction to the show if we get more deep into it... like, "
OH HEY IT'S JEMAINE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY- oh I should probably pay attention to what's happening."
Zara
Zara

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 pm
Has anyone watched episode 2? Skip this post if you havent

So are people thinking that Jean Smart's Melanie Bird is David's mother? And Jemaine's character is his father, they said he was an astrologer in this episode, so we know he's a scientist. Unless astrologer is just what they told their son. AH this show confuses me.

Also, Jemaine isn't even listed on [url=IMDB][/url], so maybe they want to keep his character a surprise?
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:59 pm
Zara wrote:Has anyone watched episode 2? Skip this post if you havent

So are people thinking that Jean Smart's Melanie Bird is David's mother? And Jemaine's character is his father, they said he was an astrologer in this episode, so we know he's a scientist. Unless astrologer is just what they told their son. AH this show confuses me.

Also, Jemaine isn't even listed on [url=IMDB][/url], so maybe they want to keep his character a surprise?

At one point Melanie does call David "
son"
but I'm not sure that it was meant literally. I have read a bit about Legion the comic and David in the comic is Professor X's son and Professor X is a scientist. No idea, how much this relates to the show or how close the show is to the comic though. It already seems like there are a lot of characters on the show, not in the comic but I have only read blurbs, nothing significant. I suppose it is possible that he plays David's father, it seems like anything is possible with this show. Hopefully we'll understand more once Oliver makes his first appearance.

All I've been able to find about J appearing in this show says "
unknown episodes"
and we know there's at least one more episode before he's in it. There are only 8 episodes in the series, so there isn't going to be many left for him to be in.
Zara
Zara

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 am
Amily wrote:
At one point Melanie does call David "
son"
but I'm not sure that it was meant literally. I have read a bit about Legion the comic and David in the comic is Professor X's son and Professor X is a scientist. No idea, how much this relates to the show or how close the show is to the comic though. It already seems like there are a lot of characters on the show, not in the comic but I have only read blurbs, nothing significant. I suppose it is possible that he plays David's father, it seems like anything is possible with this show. Hopefully we'll understand more once Oliver makes his first appearance.

All I've been able to find about J appearing in this show says "
unknown episodes"
and we know there's at least one more episode before he's in it. There are only 8 episodes in the series, so there isn't going to be many left for him to be in.

oh ok, I wouldn't expect Professor X to be in the show, that's probably why he's blacked out/his memories are hazy.

I just can't wait to see Jemaine! Although, I know his singing and dancing in it will be worth the wait.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:29 pm
Zara wrote:I just can't wait to see Jemaine! Although, I know his singing and dancing in it will be worth the wait.

It always is. :#happyyes#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:35 pm
Posting this because it's relevant to J's character and it's interesting. Smile

In this featurette, actress Jean Smart (Melanie Bird), actor Bill Irwin (Cary Loudermilk), and actor Jeremie Harris (Ptonomy Wallace) discuss Summerland – a safe-haven for mutants.

Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:13 pm
Here's the coffee maker voiced ever so wonderfully by Jemaine. :#haha#:

Legion - Page 2 XPi5Beb.gif
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 pm
Ami, I was going to try to troll everyone with the following, but you beat me to it!

You guys, Jemaine has never looked so good...
Spoiler:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:40 pm
Niamara wrote:Ami, I was going to try to troll everyone with the following, but you beat me to it!

Spoiler:

He is looking fine! :#loveeyes#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 pm
Promo for the next episode featuring J's voice throughout!

Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:47 pm
Here's an article from SyFyWire with Jean Smart where she talks about little bit about J. There are some spoilers about Jemaine's character, so beware!

http://www.blastr.com/2017-2-23/exclusi ... -matriarch
FunOnTheCouch
FunOnTheCouch
Considering second-hand underpants

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 am
Amily wrote:
Niamara wrote:Ami, I was going to try to troll everyone with the following, but you beat me to it!

Spoiler:

He is looking fine! :#loveeyes#:

I'd tap that! LOL! :#haha#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:11 pm
Amily wrote:Here's the coffee maker voiced ever so wonderfully by Jemaine. :#haha#:

Legion - Page 2 XPi5Beb.gif

When you first told me Jemaine was playing a coffee maker I was thinking something really campy like [url=the tin can in wet hot american summer][/url] but I was actually pleasantly surprised and thought the scene was really sweet, knowing that's her husband's voice. (And I super don't blame her for wasting all that coffee so she can listen to his voice. :#music#: )

I feel like there is a joke in here....

I like my men like I like my coffee maker... :#haha#:
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am
Sharing this article because of a quote...

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the ... 952061.php

"
Jemaine Clement comes in and he’s just like a god."

Story of my life :#ded#: :#love3#:
Zara
Zara

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm
Niamara wrote:Sharing this article because of a quote...

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the ... 952061.php

"
Jemaine Clement comes in and he’s just like a god."

Story of my life :#ded#: :#love3#:

Tell me about it

I just saw a new Legion promo (before The Walking Dead) and Jemaine was talking to the camera, and O M G. Looks like he's going to be in this weeks episode!

Legion - Page 2 QE2fk8X.jpg

Legion - Page 2 J0ABEc1.jpg
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kjfgbldjfgblskdbsjdf
You've killed me! :#ded#:
FunOnTheCouch
FunOnTheCouch

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:49 pm
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Please, I'm begging here...please please please...is there a source for this promo? Please!!
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 pm
[size=150:3orutk1s]Bustle Article
By Caitlin Gallagher
While I could listen to the rich, dulcet tones of Jemaine Clement's voice every single day, you may have been wondering why he was speaking from the coffee machine at Summerland in FX's Legion. Turns out, that's because Clement portrays Oliver Bird in Legion, the founder of the mutant-friendly camp Summerland and the husband of Melanie Bird. Melanie would not confirm if Oliver was dead or alive to Syd during "
Chapter 3,"
but no matter his state of being, it seems that he'll be an important figure in upcoming episodes of Legion.

As Melanie explained in the Feb. 22 episode, Oliver created Summerland, which helps explain why his voice can be heard in the elevator or when you order a coffee. Considering he's portrayed by Clement, who is one half of the musical comedy group Flight of the Conchords, and that Oliver recorded Japanese folklores for people to listen to while they get coffee, you can assume that Oliver is a bit eccentric. Yet, he also seems like he is a good person since he turned the horse ranch that he inherited in the '40s (presumably the 1940s?) into a facility to train and educate mutants with Cary Loudermilk 30 years ago.

When Oliver and Cary went searching for people with mutations to bring them to Summerland, they met Walter — who is also known as "
The Eye."
This curly-haired man who is holding David's sister Amy hostage was apparently just as bad of a guy 30 years ago as he is today since Melanie said that Walter wasn't like Cary and Oliver because he wanted to hurt people rather than help them.

To make a rough comparison to the X-Men comic book characters since Oliver is not from the comics, you could say Oliver is the Professor X to Walter's Magneto due to the fact that Oliver built a safe haven for mutants and Walter had a different and violent philosophy. I am acutely aware that this is a stretch — especially since Melanie's backstory in "
Chapter 3"
didn't make it clear if Oliver himself is (or was) a mutant — but either way, Oliver's history with Walter makes me think that The Eye might have something to do with wherever Oliver is now. In the words of Murray from the TV show Flight of the Conchords, Oliver "
may be dead,"
even though I'm more inclined to think he's still out there somewhere.

Although Oliver may impressively be the character most shrouded in mystery in this very mysterious show (showrunner Noah Hawley did post a pretty cryptic message on Instagram about Clement's casting after all), fans of Legion should expect to see Oliver at some point. FX released a press image of Clement in costume and his voice is heard narrating again in the trailer for the March 1 episode, "
Chapter 4."

As Legion keeps revealing details of David's past, the series will also reveal more about the history of Summerland and the Birds. That means that Oliver should be showing up dead, alive, or somewhere in between soon enough.

[url:3orutk1s]https:
//www.
bustle.
com/p/who-is-oliver-bird-on-legion-get-used-to-hearing-melanies-husbands-voice-41471[/url:3orutk1s]
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:50 pm
[size=150:vg8le45x]Eclipse Magazine Article
By Sheldon Wiebe

When we left David Haller, he was unconscious while his girlfriend Syd Barrett and their fellow mutants – Melanie Bird and Ptonomy Wallace – had returned from their trip inside his mind with no apparent side effects.

In Chapter Four of FX’s Legion (Wednesdays, 11/10C), the search is to find David and bring him back to the ‘real’ world.

Chapter 4 opens with a new character, Oliver (Jemaine Clement) in a cool blue room, talking about the two stories we tell ourselves – one to illustrate empathy;
the other, fear.

When all their efforts to awaken David (Dan Stevens) fail, Syd (Rachel Keller), Ptonomy (Jeremie Harris) and Kerry (Amber Midthunder) look for clues in the real world – visiting David’s ex-girlfriend, Philly (Ellie Araiza) and his former psychiatrist, Dr. Poole (Scott Lawrence).

Ellie has a message for David, should they find him, ‘They’re watching!’ Dr. Poole is whole ‘nother story.

Meanwhile, Amy Haller (Katie Aselton) meets Dr. Kissinger (David Ferry) in an unexpected way.

Oliver, it turns out has something in common with David – and his realtor ex, Ellie. In three words, ‘Location. Location. Location.’

Once again, The Eye (Mackenzie Gray) plays a pivotal role in confusing things and Rachel is forced to take action in her own inimitable manner.

Written by Peter Calloway and directed by Tim Meilants, Chapter 4 is as much a complete mindfrak as the preceding three episodes.

Thus far, Legion has done a masterful job of taking a character who appears to be clinically insane (with paranoid schizophrenia) and asking the question of whether he is actually not insane – and then asking if, because of his unique abilities, he might actually have become insane.

Then there’s the whole conscious mind/unconscious mind/subconscious mind thing – if David isn’t present in his slumbering body in any perceivable way, does that mean there’s another, deeper part of his mind, or has he escaped to another undetectable plane?

A new piece of real world information also casts some intriguing light on David’s friend Lenny (Aubrey Plaza) and the possibility that David may have tampered with his own mind – taking the concept of repressed memories onto a whole new level of weirdness (key hint: a dog named King).

While there’s a couple of sequences that feature action (Kerry’s fight sequence outside Dr. Poole’s home;
an action sequence inside it), Legion steadfastly remains a series about ideas, thoughts and memories – and the tricks they can play on each other – as well as the connections made between people, regardless of their race, gender or age.
Even as the overall story progresses in a linear manner, the side trips and excursions into the past hold as much weight as anything happening in the present in the real world – or any other.

Chapter 4 is possibly the most fun you can have watching a comic book-related show without actually doing the good acid. Each of the worlds I depicts has a unique feel and, on top of that (and within the universe of the show) feels completely real and really complete.

Chapter 4 is compelling evidence e that Legion is one of the best shows on TV right now.

Final Grade: A+
[url:vg8le45x]http:
//eclipsemagazine.
com/legion-journey-to-the-center-of-your-minds/[/url:vg8le45x]
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 am
SPOILER FOR EPISODE 4 BELOW!!!!

Allright, friends, I couldn't help myself. I haven't made many gifs but I gave it a shot :#loveeyes#:

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
com/user/NIAMARA27/media/j%20dance%201.
1_zpsd2ogzkhy.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.1_zpsd2ogzkhy.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
2_zpspsakiypr.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.2_zpspsakiypr.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
3_zpssdl1x6dl.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.3_zpssdl1x6dl.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
4_zps41p8ma5w.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.4_zps41p8ma5w.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
5_zpsmdemoikp.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.5_zpsmdemoikp.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]

[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
6_zpskyyjccal.
gif.
html:qg3zed2d]Legion - Page 2 J%20dance%201.6_zpskyyjccal.gif[/url:qg3zed2d]
FunOnTheCouch
FunOnTheCouch

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:19 pm
Niamara wrote:SPOILER FOR EPISODE 4 BELOW!!!!

Allright, friends, I couldn't help myself. I haven't made many gifs but I gave it a shot :#loveeyes#:

I, for one, am very glad that you cannot help yourself. To say that I'm enjoying these gifs is a colossal understatement!
Zara
Zara

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:29 pm
Those gifs are mesmerising

Legion's twitter just uploaded a clip from the episode too, [url=watch here][/url]
Sponsored content

Legion - Page 2 Empty Re: Legion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum