Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Humor Me Empty Humor Me

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:58 pm
[size=150:323n6k4f]Jemaine Clement and Elliott Gould to Star in Father/Son Comedy ‘Humor Me’
BY MEGH WRIGHT APRIL 25, 2016

Humor Me Clement_gould.jpg

Jemaine Clement and Elliott Gould are teaming up to play a son and father in an upcoming film. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Clement, Gould, Ingrid Michaelson, Bebe Neuwirth, and Annie Potts have all signed on to star in Humor Me, which will make Moonrise Kingdom and Madam Secretary producer Sam Hoffman’s directorial debut. Hoffman also wrote the movie, which will center on “a struggling playwright (Clement) who moves in with his joke-telling dad (Gould) in a New Jersey golf community.” The film is currently shooting in New York. Next, Clement is going on a multi-city Flight of the Conchords tour with Bret McKenzie starting in June.

I know. :8-): We've been slacking here but I guess there's no time like any to catch up on all Jem's projects. :;
D:

I'm really looking forward to this one! :#excited#:
boomqueen
boomqueen
I'll nibble chips off your hips

Humor Me Empty Re: Humor Me

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:45 pm
I definitely want to see this! And I love Elliot Gould (aka Mr Gellar lol)
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:13 pm
boomqueen wrote:(aka Mr Gellar lol)

Thank god it's not just me. :#haha#:
Zabel
Zabel
I'm not crying

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:56 am
Can't wait to see it. Was filming for it really short or was he filming for a while and only mentioned it on twitter during the last couple of weeks?
Zabel
Zabel
I'm not crying

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:59 pm
Here are a couple Jemaine pics from the movie

Humor Me 4krfppJ.jpg
Humor Me YhKrrNq.jpg

HUMOR ME

Nate, in crisis and suffering from writers block, is forced to move into his father’s retirement community. This father-son comedy stars Academy Award nominee Elliott Gould (“Mash”, “Oceans Eleven”) and Jemaine Clement (HBO’s “Flight of the Concords”). Other cast include singer/songwriter Ingrid Michelson, Tony Award winner Bebe Neuwirth and Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Annie Potts.

This is the directorial debut of producer Sam Hoffman. Sam’s producing credits include the CBS show “Madam Secretary” and Wes Anderson’s “Moonrise Kingdom”. Sam is also the founder of the website “Old Jews Telling Jokes” which went on to become a book and off Broadway play.

[url:1ha07yot]http:
//www.
superlativefilms.
com/humor-me/[/url:1ha07yot]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Oh wow! :#loveeyes#:

Thanks for posting these! Been wondering when we'd finally get a glimpse of him in this film. Really looking forward to seeing him in a movie again, it's been awhile. :#haha#: :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:46 pm
No release date yet. Too late to add it to the Sundance programme? Hmmm....

And just saw on the website - JeRmaine Clement. One would think that they should know the names of their cast... :8-):
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 pm
thedankeexperiment 7/28/16: Actor Life Found out the film I did with Je[s:2ohe23dr]r[/s:2ohe23dr]maine Clement may have a Dec release date. Not sure if that date is definite but, the news made me jump up and do running man anyway. It's exciting to see the projects that you work on take shape. My face right now looks about as happy and slightly deranged as the one in the picture. Current Mood: Electric
Humor Me 6mQkhBe.jpg
source: [url=instagram][/url]

Well that definitely didn't happen so.... it's got to be happening soon right?!? I hate waiting! :#fit#:

Also.... sans glasses. :#six#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:01 pm
Amily wrote:Well that definitely didn't happen so.... it's got to be happening soon right?!? I hate waiting! :#fit#:

Seriously there's not even a trailer, what is happening??

Amily wrote:Also.... sans glasses. :#six#:

Sans glasses is a problem and it always has been and you know what we might need to go update that thread...
Zabel
Zabel
I'm not crying

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 am
Why is this still not out? Sad I want to see him in another rom-com so bad. He was adorable in People Places Things
emira
emira

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 pm
more details about the plot from [url=an interview with Joey Slotnick for A.V. Club][/url]

AVC: You have a project in post-production right now called Humor Me with Jemaine Clement and Elliott Gould. Can you tell me about that?

JS: It’s a very funny script written by a guy who started the Old Jews Telling Jokes website, if you ever saw that. I play Elliott Gould’s alter-ego. He’s always telling jokes, so I’m the guy who is described in those jokes. Sam Hoffman wrote and directed it, and it’s a very sweet movie. Clement plays a dad who’s getting divorced. His wife basically leaves him, and he moves in with his father, who is played by Elliott Gould. So Elliott Gould always tells these jokes, and when he describes these jokes, I’m the guy. So I’m kind of sporadic throughout the film. I haven’t seen it yet. I hope to, it’s supposed to be really funny. It’s a great script. So we’ll see what happens.

AVC: Well, Elliott Gould and Jemaine Clement are both very funny.

JS: They’re very good. You’d think people would want to watch them. That’s the crazy thing about this business, though. You just never, ever, ever know.

Zabel wrote:Why is this still not out? Sad I want to see him in another rom-com so bad. He was adorable in People Places Things

Maybe they can't find a distributor?... If I get the doubt in the last sentence of the quoted interview.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm
Thanks for posting that Syl! :#glomp#:

It reminded of this exchange the other day...

Humor Me Y0PjcoG.jpg

I guess you just need to ask the right person. :#lol#: :8-): :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#:
emira
emira

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:36 pm
Amily wrote:I guess you just need to ask the right person. :#lol#: :8-): :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#:

As simple as that! :#haha#:
Zara
Zara

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:16 am
Does anyone know anything about this other than Jemaine is going through a divorce and lives with his Dad?
Zabel
Zabel
I'm not crying

Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm
I can't find much online about it. I expected it to be out by now.
Zara
Zara

Thu May 11, 2017 3:12 pm
Me too, hopefully the wait won't be much longer
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 am
From an [url=interview][/url] with Ingrid Michaelson posted yesterday.

How about your other projects?

I’m working on an animated film and a musical, and I have a pilot for Hulu. It’s such early days, and we’re working on the pilot script now. I also have a holiday record that I’m working on for next year — I’m guaranteeing that I have some sort of music every year! And I’m in a movie [Humor Me] with Jemaine Clement. I can’t say much, but it should be somewhere soon for your viewing pleasure.

Awesome. What’s your role in that?

I play a musician who’s a recovering alcoholic and drug addict living with her mother in her assistant living home, and Jemaine’s character is down on his luck and goes to live with his father, and we befriend each other.
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 pm
Finally, a release date! Humor Me will premiere at LA Film Festival on June 16, 2017 :;
D:

http://www.filmindependent.org/blog/la- ... screening/

Here's a still...
Humor Me N1YV1QU.jpg
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm
Ahem...for your enjoyment

Humor Me TZBnj2v.jpg
:#drool#: :#six#:
Zara
Zara

Wed May 17, 2017 11:38 am
:#drool#:

I want to ask if Jemaine is keeping his kiwi accent for the film but I don't want to hurt his feelings.
FunOnTheCouch
FunOnTheCouch
Considering second-hand underpants

Sun May 21, 2017 9:38 pm
Niamara wrote:Ahem...for your enjoyment

Humor Me TZBnj2v.jpg

Ya know...sometimes I get so fed up with him that I just declare to myself that I'm done. Not interested. I have better things to do with my time. Stop being an idiot.
But then....
He just shows up somewhere just being him, and I'm all an idiot again.
Zabel
Zabel
I'm not crying

Mon May 22, 2017 7:10 am
FunOnTheCouch wrote:
Niamara wrote:Ahem...for your enjoyment

Humor Me TZBnj2v.jpg

Ya know...sometimes I get so fed up with him that I just declare to myself that I'm done. Not interested. I have better things to do with my time. Stop being an idiot.
But then....
He just shows up somewhere just being him, and I'm all an idiot again.

I get like that too. When he spends days feeding a political troll and responding to every tweet from them but won't respond to any tweets fans, I start wondering why I bother. But then he'll tweet something cute or a fan will share some fotc nostalgia, and I'm right back to being a slobbering fangirl. It's a vicious cycle. :#lol#:
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm
Finally, on the day of the premiere, we get a clip :8-):

Ami and Coco, I hope you have a blast tonight! We're with you in spirit :#heart#:
Zara
Zara

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 am
And a movie poster!

Humor Me DCeUQDmVoAEhKwS.jpg
Zara
Zara

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am
Jemaine at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival - Premiere Of "
Humor Me"

Humor Me DCfP33uVYAEWDiE.jpg
Source: (@kimadelman) Check out @AJemaineClement's relaxed @LAFilmFestival red carpet look

Other pictures (open spoiler tags for more)
Humor Me HYW7Hnc.jpg

Spoiler:

Humor Me M1brmDJ.jpg

Spoiler:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum