Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

June 11 - Cleveland, OH - Page 2 Empty Re: June 11 - Cleveland, OH

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:57 pm
onlyalways wrote:Arj warmed everyone up, as tradition he was introduced by Jemaine. Jemaine is always great, but sometimes I wished they mixed it up and have Bret introduce him. (Maybe they have and I've only seen Jem do it?)
I don't think I've seen anyone but Jem do it either at least not that I remember :#shrug#:

I will say I had a couple let downs. Spoiler cutting just in case. (It's more like a spoiler by omission though.)

Spoiler:

I know the video that Ami posted is BAD and WRONG but since I was there it was really nice to be able to re-watch the intro and one of the new songs. :#shy#: I may or may not need to turn that into an audio file... :#whistle#:
This makes me feel so much better for posting it. :#glomp#: I debated taking it down all day but I agree. It's nice if you've already seen their show to have mementos like this available. Smile

Also like the recap Ami posted, they did A LOT of new material, more than I was expecting and I loved it. I'd much rather hear a brand new song they are still tinkering with than a legacy song they usually play, only because I've probably already seen them play that live [s:3pt49fnf]at least a couple of times[/s:3pt49fnf].
I'm with you and Sam on this. :#thumbsup#:

Also, I love where they've taken Father and Son. I think it's one of the few songs where we heard the beginning workings of it then through each tour slowly develop into a song that is unmistakably "
Flight of the Conchords"
. Smile
This is what I really love about the unreleased songs each time they perform them live! I can't wait to hear how this song and others have progressed. :#excited2#:

Spoiler:

And like in the recap Ami posted, Jemaine kept assuring the crowd that they were going to "
fake leave"
at the end but come right back on and do a couple more songs. "
We're just that rock and roll"
and "
When we fake leave soon..."
:#haha#:

To start ending this recap that got WAY out of hand, another one of my favorite moments was when Bret gestured to the box seats and went "
I didn't know we had the Royal Family in town."
and they shined some lights on the people in the boxes. :#lol#: Bret and Jem then started doing that kind of posh, royal wave and everyone in the seats started doing it too. Jemaine: "
Ah, I see King Cleve and Lady Land are here."
:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:
:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:28 pm
Amily wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Arj warmed everyone up, as tradition he was introduced by Jemaine. Jemaine is always great, but sometimes I wished they mixed it up and have Bret introduce him. (Maybe they have and I've only seen Jem do it?)
I don't think I've seen anyone but Jem do it either at least not that I remember :#shrug#:

Bret introduced Kristen Schaal at one of the '09 shows I went to! I don't remember which one though. It does seem far more common for Jemaine to do the intros.
boomqueen
boomqueen
I'll nibble chips off your hips

Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:44 pm
Ahhh hearing all this just makes me even more impatient for our shows!! I know I will get to see the guys soon but I must admit it does make me sad hearing about Arj's set knowing he won't be at our shows :#sadlove#:

But I'm glad I can live through everyone who does see him and THE MORE DETAILS THE BETTER [s:s1y91zuw]so I can pretend I was there[/s:s1y91zuw]!
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:56 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:Having said that, they should still play Bus Driver's Song at every show I attend. :#haha#:

This made me literally LOL. :#lol#:

There are still some older songs of theirs I don't think I've ever heard or MAYBE heard once. Like I would love to hear Pencils and Carol Brown and If You're Into It.

blondesnotbombs wrote:I'm assuming this Stana flub is the bit you said would kill me? You were correct. :#ded#:

:#happyyes#: :#happyyes#: :#happyyes#: They are too cute for their own good.

blondesnotbombs wrote:This made me laugh for two reasons. a) the banter b) one of us having to answer that question Surprised (oh yeah, I heard it at this show, this show, this show, this show, this show, this show... :#haha#: )

RIGHT? The friend I went to Oz/NZ with for that Conchords tour went to this show too and we would have to say "
New Plymouth and Wellington!"
just to see their eyes go Surprised

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:Jemaine: "

OMG. :#lol#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

Amily wrote:
onlyalways wrote:"
:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

I KNOW RIGHT? The more I think of this the more I appreciate it. I really wanna know if this was premeditated or if he thought of it on the spot. Knowing them I'm guessing the ladder.

blondesnotbombs wrote:
onlyalways wrote:One guy brought a tube to put it in and everything.

That is the saddest thing I have ever read on this board. :#sadlove#: And now I'm thinking maybe I should leave my poster tube home so I don't jinx myself. :#haha#: :#shy#:

I had every intention to bring my poster tube, at least for the trip back home, and I totally forgot it. That poster tube has been all over the world, maybe I jinxed it by forgetting it!!

I will say I had a couple let downs. Spoiler cutting just in case. (It's more like a spoiler by omission though.)

Spoiler:

Amily wrote:This makes me feel so much better for posting it. :#glomp#: I debated taking it down all day but I agree. It's nice if you've already seen their show to have mementos like this available. Smile

AW you're good! :#glomp#: :#glomp#: You didn't know. And honestly I'm getting some mixed messages from Jem about the no recording policy. Like the little bit I've seen on Jem's twitter he'll kinda playfully scold people who are posting recordings, and I've seen fans reply and make a joke about it with no intention of taking it down and he's just like "
Ok. :#heart#: "
:#lol#: (But maybe he's only having these interactions with videos of their older songs? :#shrug#: )
boomqueen
boomqueen
I'll nibble chips off your hips

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:41 pm
I would love to see them play If You're Into it and Bret, You Got it Goin' On. Those two songs were the first ones that made me fall in love with them! :#love3#:
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am
Here's them asking people to not film the show, and apparently it worked for the most part, because there's only one clip from this show on YT XD

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum