Go down
boomqueen
boomqueen
I'll nibble chips off your hips

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 Empty Re: June 23 - Vancouver, BC

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm
I'll just add a little bit to our meeting with Jemaine because I don't remember much lol

I remember shaking his hand like a dork when he first turned to me I said Hi Jemaine and I asked nicely if we could get a pic.

I know when we were about to take a selfie I said I was shaking and was actually asking Jemaine to take it lol but a nice girl offered to for us at the same time. When I gave it to her it was still in selfie mode and Jemaine teased me about taking a long time lol and I don't remember exactly how he said it, I just remember saying "
I'm sorry, I'm shaking!"
lol

I'm always awkward and embarrass myself when I meet Jemaine lol Back in SLC, I meant to say "
pretend you like me"
, so he would smile in the pic but I accidentally said "
pretend we like each other"
so I sounded like I wasn't a fan of his...he laughed anyway though lol :;
D: :#wave#: :#bolt#:

And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret :#sadlove#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:35 pm
Aww, yeah, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with meet and greets because AWKWARD. :#nervous#:

boomqueen wrote:And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret :#sadlove#:
:#saddance#: :#saddance#: (well, not sure of the number, just has never happened!) :#hug#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:48 pm
Ami I don't even know what to say, I just want to quote every line and put a million :#love3#: s as a reply.

But this especially:

Amily wrote:He had both Bret and Jem in stitches. Especially Jem. :#love3#: It reminded me of the season 2 outtakes watching Jem cover his face and giggle behind his hand. :#heart#: Rhys was on stage for a significant amount of time with them. They even got him to sing a little bit of Leggy Blonde with help.. it seemed like Jemaine really wanted him to do it and was the most influential when it came to this happening. :#haha#: It was fucking adorable and hilarious and so many amazing things! Rhys also came back on stage later in the show as Murray again to play the triangle during Think About It. His dancing was sooo cute too! :#fit#: :#love3#:

[align=center:3si36k17]This makes me so fucking happy. :#cry#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#cry#: [/align:3si36k17]

Amily wrote:Then after maybe 10 minutes or so a crew member told Jemaine "
2 more minutes"
before they had to go. Pretty much right after this Jem came to me and my sister and we got our time with him. It was really fast, I don't think he was outside for much more than 20 minutes total but I could be wrong because I was freaking the fuck out on the inside. :#haha#: We got our picture with him, I was able to tell him about the Flighty gifts and pretty much just thank him. It was so fast I didn't even ask him to sign anything but I don't even care. I'm just thankful for the time he did give us.
I'm sure it was less than 5 minutes after that he was making his way on to the bus.

[align=center:3si36k17]:#heart#: :#fit#: :#heart#: :#jem#: :#heart#: :#fit#: :#heart#: [/align:3si36k17]

Sounds like they were in a rush to the next city, so I'm SO happy he was able cut out some time to meet some fans, especially you guys. :#cloud9#:

Amily wrote:While Jem was finishing up we noticed Nigel standing by the back of the bus so we went and talked to him for a couple of minutes. I always forget how shy and soft spoken he is! :#love3#: I had my Folk The World CD with me, with Nigel in mind of signing it. When I pulled it out to ask he seemed slightly surprised to see it. He was all "
Oh wow, that's really old."
:#lol#: Then trying to remember the year. He guessed 2001 or 2002.(it was 2002) When it came to signing the CD he asked me where he should sign it and I said "
On the front.. or wherever you want"
so he signed the back. It almost seemed like he didn't feel comfortable signing the front. Awwww. :#nigel#: :#blowkiss#:

[align=center:3si36k17]:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#nigel#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: [/align:3si36k17]

boomqueen wrote:I'll just add a little bit to our meeting with Jemaine because I don't remember much lol

I remember shaking his hand like a dork when he first turned to me I said Hi Jemaine and I asked nicely if we could get a pic.

I know when we were about to take a selfie I said I was shaking and was actually asking Jemaine to take it lol but a nice girl offered to for us at the same time. When I gave it to her it was still in selfie mode and Jemaine teased me about taking a long time lol and I don't remember exactly how he said it, I just remember saying "
I'm sorry, I'm shaking!"
lol

I'm always awkward and embarrass myself when I meet Jemaine lol Back in SLC, I meant to say "
pretend you like me"
, so he would smile in the pic but I accidentally said "
so I sounded like I wasn't a fan of his...he laughed anyway though lol :;
D: :#wave#: :#bolt#:

I love theses details. :#love3#: I'm dying over Jem teasing you and your SLC "
encounter.

boomqueen wrote:And I'm still 0 for 6 trying to meet Bret :#sadlove#:

:#hug#:

gezyka wrote:I'm so, so glad that out of all the shows they've done over the years that you guys happened to be at the one where Rhys showed up! :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: I hope a longer clip of it comes out someday because it sounds like it was amazing.

My thoughts exactly. :#dance#: :#dance#:

gezyka wrote:I was worried about how people might be about meeting them after shows this time around, and that pretty much confirms my fears. :8-):

I wonder if it was a bigger and more rambunctious crowd because of Rhys' appearance? Like more people stayed for the chance to see all three? This crowd (the size and how amped everyone seemed to be) seems to be more of an anomaly to what we're used to. (Although who knows, I could have blocked out all the bad meet and greet stories that went sour from years prior.)
gezyka
gezyka

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:29 pm
June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 12f4d6e5-325d-42bb-b063-c5c95dc79531.png
[url=Source][/url]

Adorable giggly boys!! :#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 pm
gezyka wrote:June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 12f4d6e5-325d-42bb-b063-c5c95dc79531.png
[url=Source][/url]

:#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#: :#cry#: :#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:54 pm
June 28, 2016
[size=150:7om3whxr]SOUND | Flight of the Conchords x Orpheum Theatre

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27930685675_8e9637ed65_z.jpg

Granville—(June 23, 2016) New Zealand folk rock comedy duo, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, Flight of the Conchords hit the Orpheum Theatre for their only Canadian date on the Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords North American tour.

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27318477444_1344c1ea74_z.jpg

The unconventional comedy band were in fine form regaling the crowd with a ton of new songs thanks to their reunion last year. Their extended hiatus saw Clement grow his flourishing film career as McKenzie kept up his songwriting efforts—winning an Academy Award for Best Original Song for the "
Man or Muppet"
song for The Muppets.

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27930680045_bdbfbc5b58_c.jpg

Comedian Eugene Mirman, a regular on the FOTC HBO show, opened the show with a dryly funny, deadpan stand up comedy set priming the audience. FOTC were also joined by Kiwi cellist Nigel [s:7om3whxr]Cross[/s:7om3whxr] Collins aka the one-man "
New Zealand Symphony Orchestra"
for half the set.

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27318475704_49b5b9e5a3_z.jpg

Band manager Murray Hewitt (comedian Rhys Darby) showed up for a surprise appearance leading to a hilarious impromptu band meeting and epic triangle solo. It was easily the highlight of the night recreating the trio's impeccable comic chemistry from the show live on stage.

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27318473904_65883f216d_z.jpg

Flight of the Conchords and company executed another solid comedy/musical hybrid concert full of laughs while meeting expectations while offering enough fresh elements and material.

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 27930687375_55e2bfb4ce_z.jpg
[url=source][/url]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:34 pm
[align=center:qffek897]June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 13549639_298121240528383_1560125068_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: [/align:qffek897]
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:33 pm
Amily wrote:
gezyka wrote:June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 12f4d6e5-325d-42bb-b063-c5c95dc79531.png
[url=Source][/url]

:#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#: :#cry#: :#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#:
They are losing it. :#rofl#: :#ded#:
tornadogirl
tornadogirl
Considering second-hand underpants

Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm
:#heart#: :#love3#: :#cheer#: :#thumbsup#: :#cloud9#:

So happy that you got even the short time you did with Jemaine. I loved every word of your recap- what a great show! How much fun to have seen Rhys in character as Murray, lol.

I'm not feeling too bad for you and your sis yet because I'm hoping that as I move on I'll next be reading about the M&
G where you met them both and got to give the Flighty gifts. In a slightly-leisurely fashion. :#heart#: :#bret#: :#jem#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:22 pm
[size=150:3r7vr17q]Set list, in order.

Spoiler:

[size=150:3r7vr17q]My Lame Attempt At A Recap

Spoiler:

[size=150:3r7vr17q]Band Meeting. WHAT??? Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Spoiler:

[size=150:3r7vr17q]Part 2 Of My Lame Attempt At A Recap

Spoiler:
Amazing night, it will stand out forever for me as one of the best nights of my life. :#haha#: :#shy#: Loved ending it with being able to meet Jemaine even if only very briefly. :#love3#: The whole experience from beginning to end made the start of our little FOTC road trip just perfect. :#heart#: :#cloud9#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:29 pm
tornadogirl wrote:I'm not feeling too bad for you and your sis yet because I'm hoping that as I move on I'll next be reading about the M&
G where you met them both and got to give the Flighty gifts. In a slightly-leisurely fashion. :#heart#: :#bret#: :#jem#:
We weren't able to give the Flighty gifts to the guys in person. I'll explain more in my recap for the 2nd Portland show but it was actually Matt who handed them off the to guys because there were no more opportunities for us after Vancouver. Jemaine suggested for us to give them to someone on the crew so the only person we trusted was Matt. Now we're just hoping that he came through! :#haha#: :#pray#:
tornadogirl
tornadogirl
Considering second-hand underpants

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:50 pm
I'm not going to quote everything I loved reading about your experiences...because I'd have to quote ALL of it! Man- what a GREAT show you guys got! One-of-a-kind, for sure! I hope a full video shows up....even if it might have a pic of someone's dick at the end, lol! (They may have recorded the whole show for all we know...) :#lol#: I was laughing out loud and imagining it all in my head as you described it.

Chips &
Dips (Party) is one of my favorites as well. I particularly loved hearing that it was just Bret and Jemaine at the party and that Bret's wife basically kicked Jemaine out, lol!

Jemaine concussing himself with his guitar, the ensuing banter about it, blaming it for forgetting parts of Stana, (I can totally believe this as they didn't mess up Stana at all here in Detroit) and everything to do with Rhys are my favorite parts! :#love3#: :#angel#: :#rofl#:

Thank you for the wonderful write-up. :#heart#: I'm really sorry you didn't get to give the gifts to them in person....will you tweet them?
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 pm
Spoiler:

Oh my God, Ami, this recap was epic! :#angel#: :#blowkiss#: I can't wait to hear about the Portland shows now! :;
):
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:57 pm
:#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#:

Thank you, Ami!
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:55 am
These were taken with my phone and the only pictures I took.

[align=center:qhm52pbv]June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 Ngr448.jpg

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 Dexmcn.jpg

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 R0tj77.jpg

:#heart#: :#cloud9#: :#heart#: [/align:qhm52pbv]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:46 pm
tornadogirl wrote:Man- what a GREAT show you guys got! One-of-a-kind, for sure! I hope a full video shows up....even if it might have a pic of someone's dick at the end, lol! (They may have recorded the whole show for all we know...) :#lol#:
I am PRAYING someone out there recorded it and has just been procrastinating getting it uploaded! :#pray#: :#haha#: Seriously, if I could relive it everyday I would and video would help immensely. :#lol#: Damn Canadians being all polite and following the rules! :#shakefist#:

Thank you for the wonderful write-up. :#heart#: I'm really sorry you didn't get to give the gifts to them in person....will you tweet them?
Aww, well it was fun to write-up! And no worries about not being able to give the gifts in person, I'm not upset about it in the least. Of course, that would have been the best case scenario but the outcome we ended up with was pretty great too. I don't think I'll tweet him about it. I saw the gifts physically make their way on the bus so I have no doubts that they've been received by now. :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:21 pm
Spoiler:

I can't wait to hear about the Portland shows now! :;
):
The pressure! :#nervous#: No seriously though, I loved doing this write up. It is the first time I've ever gone so detailed and I'm glad I did. :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:21 pm
[size=150:3tv16xgk]One Flight that Should Have Been Cancelled (not really)
Posted by SOUNDTRACTVANCOUVER on JUNE 30, 2016

Smoke filled the adorned Orpheum Theater on June 23 as eager fans flooded the theater to see a sold out show. The smoke no doubt foreshadowed a night fueled with behemoth rock n’ roll, unlike anything these fans have ever seen. It was futile warning for fans to brace themselves, as New Zealand’s legendary Flight of the Conchords would rain fire. They launched their set off with a viscous rock n’ roll move of eating a banana before coming on and daring not to finish it. It was pandemonium as fans were gob smacked at the sheer magnitude of Jemaine Clement’s badassery and Brett Mackenzie’s zero cares for backstage cleanliness. It was a moment that will likely be hammered into the boulder of rock n’ roll history.

A DAY IN THE LIFE WITH EUGENE

Aside from legendary rock n’ roll moments, the rest of the evening with the eclectic musical comedy duo was in fact a lot of fun. Comedian, Eugene Mirman (Flight of the Conchords, Bob’s Burgers) warmed the crowd up with many personal tales of the various joys in his life, such as bombarding a pastor online with various questions like how to settle a paternity test without chopping the baby in half. The crowd was tickled with Mirman’s set and was now ready for some guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk (there it is).

IN WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW

The duo rocked the party all night with the bearded Brett adorned in a suit and the sans beard Jemaine in what appeared to be a red jumpsuit. As they sat amongst an array of guitars with lights that spanned the whole colour spectrum, they played much from their library that fans would recognize. The Parisian “Fou du FaFa,” the hard hitting and brutally honest mix of "
[s:3tv16xgk]Hiphopopotamus vs Rhymenoceros/Tears of a Rapper[/s:3tv16xgk] "
Mutha'uckas/Hurt Feelings"
, and the captivating “Most Beautiful Girl in the Room” were just a few of the familiar tracks to grace the ears of listeners. New tracks were also introduced, and they did not disappoint. From fucking on the ceiling to romantic ballads on wooing in 1353, Flight of the Conchords show that they can still deliver hilariously unexpected music. And even though the duo killed it playing their songs, perhaps the best part of the show was when a fan favourite interrupted the gig.

BAND MEETING

Right smack in the middle of their evening in Vancouver, Flight of the Conchords was interrupted by thunderous applause that would rattle the walls of the Orpheum. The cause of this disruptive outcry was none other than Rhys Darby, or more commonly known in the theater that evening as Murray Hewitt, band manager. For fans, this was an amazing moment as they were treated to essentially a live performance of the Flight of the Conchords TV show. Murray, no longer sporting his goatee, interrupted the gig to hold a band meeting concerning the current gig. As per usual he began the meeting with roll call. Once the ravenous cheers had died down he addressed item number one, a half eaten banana and immediately chastised Jemaine for his uncleanliness. It was amazing to see Clement cover his mouth as he desperately tried to hold in the laughter, while Darby remained unfazed and in character. Once the band meeting wrapped up and Darby was about to let the gig resume fans cried out for “Leggy Blonde,” an emotional office romance ballad that featured Murray Hewitt. The now trio, an unheard of grouping for New Zealanders according to the band, stumbled their way through what appeared to be an unrehearsed song.

While there was not as much singing from the crowd than I would have liked, the evening overall was an incredible experience. It was a perfect balance of old and new, with both sides delivering big laughs. While band manager, Murray Hewitt, may have already written the review title for this show, this writer believes that it was in fact one flight that will be remembered for a long time.
[url=source][/url]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:46 pm
[align=center:3cb8f2kf]June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 2wlx920.jpg

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 102wirp.jpg

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 N1c4rr.jpg
[url=source][/url][/align:3cb8f2kf]
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:20 pm
Awww, these are great pictures. :#love3#:
gezyka
gezyka

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:51 pm
Amily wrote:No seriously though, I loved doing this write up. It is the first time I've ever gone so detailed and I'm glad I did. :#love3#:
I especially loved reading about the band meeting. It really felt like I was there! :#angel#: :#blowkiss#: :#notworthy#: :#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:23 pm
Spoiler:

Amily wrote:No seriously though, I loved doing this write up. It is the first time I've ever gone so detailed and I'm glad I did. :#love3#:

We're glad you did to! :#glomp#: But then how could you not considering you experienced one of the most epic shows ever.

You know, I appreciate A LOT of things about the board, but one thing definitely is it's like a journal. I've gone back to read recaps from past shows I've attended and went "
I don't remember that!?"
So I was glad I was detailed from the get go because clearly my memory is starting to go.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:26 pm
[align=center:yhu5feos]June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 CltAFHyUsAAICyo.jpg

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 Cls8ySBUsAEBlk1.jpg:large

June 23 - Vancouver, BC - Page 2 CltBhWBUYAAix5i.jpg
[url=source][/url][/align:yhu5feos]
Ami
Ami
Administrator