Go down
fotcfan321
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Hey! Empty Hey!

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:21 pm
Hi, Just found this site! Looks like it has a lot of good information and resources for newcomers or old fans like myself. Hoping to connect with some other FOTC fans!
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Hey! Empty Re: Hey!

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:43 pm
Welcome to the board! :#hug#:

I'm glad you found us. :;
D: I definitely recommend digging deep into the threads while you're here, there's soooo many treasures and goodies! :#excited2#: If you happen upon any links that are no longer working just let us know and we'll do our best to get you what you're looking for. :;
):

So, where ya from? How did you become a fan?
squidhat
Beneath a willow tree

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:22 pm
hello! :#wave#:
emira
emira

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm
:#wave#: Fan 321,

I'm a bit embarrassed, because I don't know my fan number :#shy#: :;
): :#lol#: Love your nick!

How are you? I'm happy you've found us and looking forward to hearing from you around the board. Do not be afraid to shake some dust off from older threads, if you want to add your comment and as Ami said, if you need anything, just ask in a thread or message us.

And since we're having a tour time, our [url=http:
//fotcmb.
com/viewforum.
php?f=14:43xkjlho]What Goes On Tour[/url:43xkjlho] sub-board is the busiest at the moment. Have you ever seen Bret and Jemaine live? :#excited2#:

See you around,

Sylwia
fotcfan321

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 am
Thank you! I've been part of a bunch of forums, and it's certainly nice to have such a warm reception. Amily, I grew up in California. I became a fan right when their HBO special came out. I know that's not super old, but it's before the show anyway. I believe. Emira, They performed about 45 minutes from me once back in O8, my best friend went, but as I was still poor and broke I decided on food instead. (mistake most likely). I probably will take up your invitation to restart some conversations if I can. Oh, and Squidhat, Hello as well!

Sorry for the long explanation, but I would request one thing, since you asked. Although I absolutely love the HBO special, I have listened to it a bunch. I love Live performances. Their banter is the best (even their bit about banter!) I found the Amoeba performance, their "
first"
performance, Texas Oddessy, On Air, oddball Youtube clips, and I believe the Masterson. If there are any full concerts, (newer are wonderfull) such as I know there's one called the Ann Arbor performance, that are good audio quality, you all would be my heroes! I hope you don't think this is greedy sounding, It is just a good source of relaxation for me, so anything I can get is much appreciated.

Thank you again for the reception and I hope to get to know you guys better! I hope it is obvious, but if there is anything I can ever do for you, please ask. Smile
J
emira
emira

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:35 pm
fotcfan321 wrote:I love Live performances. Their banter is the best (even their bit about banter!) I found the Amoeba performance, their "
first"
performance, Texas Oddessy, On Air, oddball Youtube clips, and I believe the Masterson. If there are any full concerts, (newer are wonderfull) such as I know there's one called the Ann Arbor performance, that are good audio quality, you all would be my heroes! I hope you don't think this is greedy sounding, It is just a good source of relaxation for me, so anything I can get is much appreciated.

Hey J (now I think you're Will Smith;
yesterday I watched MIB3 :#lol#: ), you're a fan after my heart. Two years ago I saw them three times when they were touring Europe. I may have something for you. Look out for a PM soon. :;
):
fotcfan321

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:26 pm
Haha! If I was Will Smith, I would have had the money to see the FOTC by now! Thanks, yeah, I like live concert recordings in general but especially FOTC because they change it up a ton and do songs differently and it's just as funny every time! That would be great if you do! I'll keep my eyes open!
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 pm
Hey J! Welcome to the board, we're happy to have you. Smile

Oh god, the amount of flight of the conchords tracks on my itunes, including live performances and audio taken from youtube videos is pretty ridiculous. I know an audience member recorded and uploaded their entire Denver show from 2009, (which a lot of people here were happy about :;
D: ) But I see now the link is kind of dead. But I can reupload it for you if you're interested.

Also are you familiar with their BBC Radio series? By the sounds of it you would enjoy that as well.

And feel free to call me Courtney. My anonymity here flew out the window years ago. :#lol#:
fotcfan321

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm
Thank you Courtney, I'm sure mine will eventually as well! Haha! I'm actually just starting to go through the radio series now! I'll let ya know how it goes! Also, absolutely, any live shows would be very much appreciated. Thanks again for the welcome! Hoping to get to know you all better!
J
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am
Ooo, a new (old) fan!! :#excited2#: Welcome, J! I'm another J: Jessica. :#wave#: I was going to mention the Red Rocks/Denver show as well, but seem to maybe remember there also being a good Boston and/or Nashville recording? I think some Flighties (what we call ourselves :;
D: ) may have recorded some of the Euro shows last tour but don't know if they put them online.

And yes, the BBC series is great!

Enjoy the board! :#cheer#:
emira
emira

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 pm
gezyka wrote:but seem to maybe remember there also being a good Boston and/or Nashville recording? I think some Flighties (what we call ourselves :;
D: ) may have recorded some of the Euro shows last tour but don't know if they put them online.

I'm uploading my Euro shows at the moment. It takes some time. Once I finish I'll PM the links and then I can try doing other shows. Unless someone here would like to help out as well. Smile
fotcfan321

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm
Thanks for the welcome Jessica! Emira, Thanks for the hard work! I know I appreciate it Smile
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 pm
I'd love to help provide some of these recordings but unfortunately I have a different computer now and no access to those files. Sad So yeah... if you're PMing shows, wanna shoot me a PM as well Syl? Or anyone? :#evilgrin#:

There's also a nice recording of their Bonnaroo gig out there somewhere too....
sargifster
Tech Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 am
Hello J. Welcome to the board. It's lovely to have a new face posting here.

If you have any questions about the board, do feel free to PM one of the mods or admins.

Hope you enjoy browsing all what we have here.

Enjoy!
fotcfan321

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am
Thank you very much! Everyone has been very welcoming! Very nice to see!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum