emira

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 Empty Re: 7 July - Brisbane, AU

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 am
Amily wrote:[align=center:1f6kbr5d]7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 34obi2b.jpg
[url=source][/url]

:#redlove#: :#music#: :#redlove#: :#jem#: :#redlove#: :#nigel#: :#redlove#:

:#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#: [/align:1f6kbr5d]

That is the sweetest and cutest photo ever :#fit#: :#love3#: :#fit#:

Oh Hello says they'll be uploading more pics tomorrow and Wednesday.

:#excited2#:
emira
emira

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:27 am
TheSageMother wrote:Anyone have picture or video of the chick who ran up to Jemaine during the last song? :#evilgrin#:

Hi! Welcome to the Board! I'll keep my eye out. :;
): You can see [s:1y5iybi6]youself[/s:1y5iybi6] her at the end of [url=this video][/url], but it's just the moment when the security takes [s:1y5iybi6]you[/s:1y5iybi6] her back to [s:1y5iybi6]your[/s:1y5iybi6] her seat.
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm
As far as I can gather, this is from this show:

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 5540fea4c99211e18e3c22000a1e8b97_7.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]

:#inlove#:

The girl who posted it is from Brisbane, and omg her username is [url=timewimeymoriarty][/url]. :#excited2#: Her photos: :#loveeyes#: :#wah#: :#squee#:
TheSageMother
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:47 pm
Thanks but that ain't...me. The hug was before that other lady got taken back to her seat Razz I think the shock of the random hug put him into the whole "
crazy fans thinking"
so when after I got back to my seat he just started yelling SECURITY SECURITY to the lady who was taking photos Smile As for my explaination of the hug :#excited2#: ....well, as like the rest of us here I'm a huge fan and have been looking forward to the concert since I knew about it so when the situation presented itself I thought that there was no way I was going to pass off the opportunity to get in contact with Jemaine :#love3#: :#evilgrin#: (I love Bret too of course but not as much as Jemaine due to Bret reminding me of my brother lol :#lol#: )
gezyka
gezyka

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:33 pm
TheSageMother wrote:Thanks but that ain't...me. The hug was before that other lady got taken back to her seat Razz I think the shock of the random hug put him into the whole "
crazy fans thinking"
so when after I got back to my seat he just started yelling SECURITY SECURITY to the lady who was taking photos Smile As for my explaination of the hug :#excited2#: ....well, as like the rest of us here I'm a huge fan and have been looking forward to the concert since I knew about it so when the situation presented itself I thought that there was no way I was going to pass off the opportunity to get in contact with Jemaine :#love3#: :#evilgrin#: (I love Bret too of course but not as much as Jemaine due to Bret reminding me of my brother lol :#lol#: )
Wow, you are brave! ...is your brother single? :#lol#: :;
):
gezyka
gezyka

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 pm
Brisneyland

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 2022c9e8c81e11e1aaec22000a1e88af_7.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]
convert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:04 am
Amily wrote:[align=center:2tp0u49x]7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 34obi2b.jpg
[url=source][/url]

:#redlove#: :#music#: :#redlove#: :#jem#: :#redlove#: :#nigel#: :#redlove#:

:#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#: [/align:2tp0u49x]

Oh Hello says they'll be uploading more pics tomorrow and Wednesday. There are a lot more with Jemaine in them but the site I found them on already they have massive watermarks. So we'll wait. Razz

I am so incredibly sad I missed this. Suggested to friends we go out after what was such a great show to try and find some form of afterparty and any chance we might see the guys. Wasn't til the next morning the fangirl in me took hold and found this wonderful message board and every possbile interview/video I possibly could. It seems noone else knew about this either though, right?
gezyka
gezyka

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am
convert wrote:I am so incredibly sad I missed this. Suggested to friends we go out after what was such a great show to try and find some form of afterparty and any chance we might see the guys. Wasn't til the next morning the fangirl in me took hold and found this wonderful message board and every possbile interview/video I possibly could. It seems noone else knew about this either though, right?
Welcome! :#wave#: Thanks to your inner fangirl for bringing you here. :#aziz#:

I think each one of us dreams of hanging out with the guys, but it seems like whenever there's an actual afterparty, it's for VIPs. Not sure if it was advertised that Arj would be DJ'ing there, but it looks like he only vaguely mentioned it on twitter after the fact. I'm guessing the people there just happened to be there and he was maybe a surprise guest DJ. :#shrug#: (sorry, I seem to invent scenarios when things are vague :#lol#: )
emira
emira

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 pm
Hi! Hello there! Happy to see you here and I'm sure you'll find a lot to bring you some comfort, either from us or from what you can find in this forum. :#hug#:

gezyka wrote:I think each one of us dreams of hanging out with the guys, but it seems like whenever there's an actual afterparty, it's for VIPs. Not sure if it was advertised that Arj would be DJ'ing there, but it looks like he only vaguely mentioned it on twitter after the fact. I'm guessing the people there just happened to be there and he was maybe a surprise guest DJ. :#shrug#: (sorry, I seem to invent scenarios when things are vague :#lol#: )

Exactly. :#sadlove#:
convert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am
Thanks so much! Yes it seems the first mention of it was around 1am on Oh Hello's facebook, so would've had to have been pretty lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I think you may be right Gezyka, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. Hehe. Feeling comforted already, and less crazy stalkerish after spending half a day youtubing them, then discovering the wonders of Matt Shanes twitter and then realising everything and more was already here. Ahh. Keep up the wonderful work!
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:47 am
convert wrote:Keep up the wonderful work!

Thanks! :#glomp#: If you have any questions whether what or where you could find anything, just ask. Enjoy browsing! :;
D:
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 am
Met Bret from flight of the conchords on Saturday, helped him hire a city cycle and got free tickets to their gig pic.twitter.com/dSjKPqq8

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 AxZKSAmCQAAEnq8.jpg:large
[url=twitter][/url]

:#love3#:
gezyka
gezyka

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 am
convert wrote:Thanks so much! Yes it seems the first mention of it was around 1am on Oh Hello's facebook, so would've had to have been pretty lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I think you may be right Gezyka, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. Hehe. Feeling comforted already, and less crazy stalkerish after spending half a day youtubing them, then discovering the wonders of Matt Shanes twitter and then realising everything and more was already here. Ahh. Keep up the wonderful work!
Glad to have helped you feel better! It's always great getting new folks here, so I hope you stick around. Smile
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
the best of [url=courtingdisaster flickr set][/url]

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536121314_27edfaaeb8_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536119560_0745788f3d_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536118652_634ccd5bdc_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536117404_73d9b434e5_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536117164_af3b44753e_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536116894_86ce336588_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536103922_1d9304fdb2_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536104200_75d28b58fe_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536104430_cc8b2d35d0_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536115472_9c4137eaca_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536114644_53a842992c_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536113044_776d40b139_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536112486_15d7cbf761_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536110258_67dbd7c039_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536105340_168b3ae5ee_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536108466_e92b7e99e5_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536108040_ed94f23527_b.jpg
Bret: Hey, that guy is dressed as me!

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536107276_c3db931087_b.jpg

7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 7536105830_8f8b765dac_b.jpg
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm
Between songs, the duo keeps it real with "
wild"
tales from their life on the road, again mastering the straight-faced delivery of stories so mild and awkward that it’s easy to swallow the illusion you’re watching two nervous, small-town first-timers.

But then their list of hits belies their modesty, with the crowd lapping up, and often singing along to, songs such as Tears of a Rapper, Business Time and Hiphopopotamus vs The Rhymenocerous.

After a short break the band makes an unexpected encore entry, riding CityCycle bikes through the crowd, before having to spend the next few minutes on an extended instrumental introduction to their next song while they recover their breath.
[url=full review][/url]

:#lol#:
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm
7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 ?size=l
[url=twitter][/url]
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 pm
[size=150:vdk668xi]Flight of the Conchords Live: Brisbane 7 July 2012
Posted by Suze on Jul 8, 2012

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie arrive on stage with boxes on their heads, a relief for anyone who wouldn’t have otherwise recognised them outside of the telly. Okay, the boxes are actually supposed to be speakers, but the idea I was going with there was that each box provides a frame around their faces, just like a television set does, so if you have only seen them on the telly, then you would have no trouble identifying them here. As it happens, all ten thousand fun-fans at Brisbane Entertainment Centre do indeed realise that the fleecy heads tucked inside those artful custom-made cubes belong to the kiwi folk-folk known as Flight of The Conchords, so obviously the box device does the trick. (Told you so.) Then again, if you didn’t know who they were then you probably could have just checked your ticket.

Hanging out with Jemaine and Bret is like catching up with a pair of distant cousins that you haven’t bumped into for a while because you don’t live in New Zealand and flights to Bali have been so much cheaper. Although it wouldn’t make much difference if you did go to Enzed, because the boys haven’t been there much themselves lately, busy on the other side of the Pacific collecting Oscars and cameos (the film kind, not the brooch kind, but don’t quote me). Hence, it’s quite nice of the lads to drop by for a catch-up, even if they didn’t bother to get in a round. But that’s alright because it wasn’t my drinking shoes that I had on my feet anyway. You know what I’m talkin’ bout. Me an’ nine thousand nine hundred nine’y-nine other people, we had our business socks on, and when it comes to gettin’ down to business, there’s only two sweet-talkin’, cheek-tightnin’, furry-as-a-used-wax-strip man-nozzles that I want capping up my puccino. (I said distant cousins, distant.)

That’s right.

Flight of the Conchords got down and flirty in two hours of dicky humour that fared surprisingly well in such a large, word-that-means-unintimate venue. A crowd-seducing set-list mostly comprised favourites from the eponymous telly series: Too Many Dicks (On the Dance Floor), Business Time, The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room), Hurt Feelings, Hiphopapotamus vs. Rhymenoceros, The Humans are Dead/Robots, Inner City Pressure, Bowie/Bowie’s in Space and a four-way audience ensemble reprise of Epileptic Dogs that impressed the band so much that we’re all joining them for the rest of the tour.

A dash of new material invited promise that FOTC (we’ve been intimate so that’s what I call them now) are still collaborating despite their glitzy schedules, as did their on-stage chemistry which appeared as comfy and natural as two boobs in a well fitted bra, but way more jiggly. Even the lulls were entertaining, with ad-lib crowd engagement (yes, we’ve moved on to the next level quickly) providing the evening’s humour-hugging highlights. But the most fun of the evening climaxed during the encore which was greeted by Jemaine, Bret and the entire New Zealand Sympathy Orchestra riding through the audience on Brissie CityCycles (imagine the seat-sniffing that must’ve gone on earlier when the boys collected their rides from the bike racks [snigger]).

All of the mildly amusing between-song banter finally made sense, the duo relaxed their famous deadpan expressions and began visibly enjoying themselves, we all laughed, someone flashed their boobies, and then we all went home (except for the people sitting in front of me who left before the encore and totes missed out on the best part of the whole night—suckers!! Serves them right for pulling out too soon.)

As we left the stadium, Husband said he felt genuinely sorry for all of the people who didn’t go to see Flight of the Conchords tonight because it was one of the funniest things he’s ever seen. I think it was his kind, gentle, melancholy way of saying: we saw Flight of the Conchords and you didn’t—cop that, losers.
[url=source][/url]

What a peculiar review...
gezyka
gezyka

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:07 pm
emira wrote:What a peculiar review...
Yeah, I feel super awkward after having read that...dirty even. :#argh#:
emira
emira

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm
TheSageMother wrote:Thanks but that ain't...me. The hug was before that other lady got taken back to her seat Razz

Oh, sorry, I thought it was you

I think the shock of the random hug put him into the whole "
crazy fans thinking"
so when after I got back to my seat he just started yelling SECURITY SECURITY to the lady who was taking photos Smile

Usually it's like first they invite women to come closer and when someone gets up unsure if they should and could, they call security and that's their whole joke. But I guess in your case they didn't have to invite you for too long and here you paid the joke on them! :#haha#:

As for my explaination of the hug :#excited2#: ....well, as like the rest of us here I'm a huge fan and have been looking forward to the concert since I knew about it so when the situation presented itself I thought that there was no way I was going to pass off the opportunity to get in contact with Jemaine :#love3#: :#evilgrin#: (I love Bret too of course but not as much as Jemaine due to Bret reminding me of my brother lol :#lol#: )

Yeah, I'd like to get a hug from Jemaine one day but when I met him, I was too shy to even ask him for a photo. I needed to get more confident and I was happy to be able to talk to him on the second night and got a group photo with other girls from the board. :#love3#:
emira
emira

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:38 pm
7 July - Brisbane, AU - Page 2 5caf7698c90111e1985822000a1d011d_7.jpg
[url=instagram][/url]
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm
emira wrote:Yeah, I'd like to get a hug from Jemaine one day but when I met him, I was too shy to even ask him for a photo. I needed to get more confident and I was happy to be able to talk to him on the second night and got a group photo with other girls from the board. :#love3#:

:#love3#: :#cloud9#: :#love3#:
emira
emira

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm
Lots of Bret :#loveeyes#:

Filmed by a 9-10 year old fans Surprised :;
D: :#love3#:

Too Many Dicks

Bret and Jemaine discussing the setting for Too Many Dicks (On The Dance Floor) Razz

:#loveeyes#:

Bret and Jemaine discussing where their idea for "
Too Many Dicks (On The Dance Floor) came from.

Robot heads

Epileptic Dogs

Song for the epileptic dogs. Recorded by my 10 year old.... you can hear my 6 year old singing too!! Razz

Too much cuteness! :#love3#:

Inner City Pressure

Half way through Inner City Pressure.... filmed by my 9 year old Very Happy watch out for Jemaine playing the flute. It's obvious the ladies didn't pay much for it, poor darling Razz
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am
emira wrote:
Song for the epileptic dogs. Recorded by my 10 year old.... you can hear my 6 year old singing too!! Razz

Too much cuteness! :#love3#:

Omg I was dying during the beginning. The singing-along was darling.

emira wrote:Inner City Pressure

Half way through Inner City Pressure.... filmed by my 9 year old Very Happy watch out for Jemaine playing the flute. It's obvious the ladies didn't pay much for it, poor darling Razz

I just noticed Jemaine later during his :#quotes#: flute playing :#quotes#: he just starts to whistle and pretends he's playing. :#aziz#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum