chrissycubana
Ami
onlyalways
11 posters
Go down
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Empty Jemaine's Happy Beardday!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:45 pm
[align=center:1yk8cbyd]Jemaine's Happy Beardday! BL_HORIZONTAL_beardly1_woman_sm.jpg[/align:1yk8cbyd]

Hey guys! So as most of you know, Jemaine's birthday is January 10th, so almost three weeks away! Myself and a few of the members have an idea to do something beardtastic for his special day. Let him know we love his beard as much as he does. :;
): (And if you don't like the beard just go with it anyway! :#rasp#: )

Every year we send our Happy Birthday wishes on Flight of the Conchords' official myspace [url=found here][/url]. So in light of the most recent pictures of him, we have two ideas:

1) Change our myspace profile pictures to pictures of us with fake beards. :#haha#: It can either be drawn on or made of fabric or photophoped- or whatever! (Or a real beard for those that can grow one. :#thumbsup#: )

2) Not only leave a Happy Birthday-type comment, but include an awesome beard-inspired saying like the ones from this wonderful blog: http://www.thebeardly.com/

These are some idea we have right now, but we'd love to start hearing who would like to participate and if anyone has any other ideas for the big guy's day. :#aziz#: :#idea#: We still have a few weeks, so not too late for anything yet. :#happyyes#:

[size=150:1yk8cbyd]ETA:
[size=200:1yk8cbyd]
[align=center:1yk8cbyd]Official plan now found [url=here][/url]![/align:1yk8cbyd]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Empty Re: Jemaine's Happy Beardday!

Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:55 pm
This should be pretty fun! :#excited#: J's birthdays always are for us but a BEARDTASTIC birtday?! Surprised :#aziz#:

I'm definitely open to hearing other ideas and possibly doing more if anyone has anything. :#happyyes#:

C'mon guys! :#clap#: Let's make this happen! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 pm
Maybe I should actually wait to see what others think of the current idea before I go developing upon it further...

Or not. Razz

So, how about this for Jemaine's birthday:

1) You take any picture of Jemaine with his beard.

2) You use photoshop or paint or [url=rolfbot][/url] to superimpose a quote from The Beardly over top. (Or your own original beardy quote! :#aziz#: )

3) You get something like this:

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Bearddayexample.jpg

And post here for Jemaine's Birthday, and if you want, post on the guys Myspace for Jemaine to see. And if you don't have a Myspace, the FOTCMB account can post it there for you. Smile

Yay? Nay?? Chicken butt???
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 pm
I'm in!

But I'm not into the "
chicken butt"
option - thanks anyway, coco :#rasp#:

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: jembeard :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:10 am
I LOVE this new idea Courtney! :#aziz#: I also really like the idea of us putting beards on ourselves too though... is there some way we could do both? I dunno what but I'm not sure I want to give up on bearding ourselves just yet. :#lol#: Razz

Could we beard ourselves in our display pics AND do a beardy macro/manip of J and his beard? Or would that be too much? I feel like it might be. :#shrug#:

ADD: I am willing to go with whatever the group decides. Just wanted to make that clear, I am not that set on putting a beard on myself. :#lol#: That would be weird... wouldn't it?

Oh and like Courtney said... for anyone who doesn't have MySpace and doesn't want to open an account just to do this it is no problem for us to post your birthday comment from the board's MS account just let us know. Smile

Still listening to ideas. Smile
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:27 am
Amily wrote:I LOVE this new idea Courtney! :#aziz#: I also really like the idea of us putting beards on ourselves too though... is there some way we could do both? I dunno what but I'm not sure I want to give up on bearding ourselves just yet. :#lol#: Razz

Could we beard ourselves in our display pics AND do a beardy macro/manip of J and his beard? Or would that be too much? I feel like it might be. :#shrug#:

ADD: I am willing to go with whatever the group decides. Just wanted to make that clear, I am not that set on putting a beard on myself. :#lol#: That would be weird... wouldn't it?

I don't want to let go of that idea either! :#lol#: CAN one have too much beard? I'd like to think not.

I guess the bearding ourselves can apply more to people who plan on posting a comment on their myspace... although we'd love to see a pic of bearded-you posted here anyway. :#thumbsup#:

So I like the idea of bearding ourselves for our profile pictures AND posting the Jemaine beardy macros...

I'm all ears on what members think of the ideas. :#aziz#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 am
onlyalways wrote:I'm all ears on what members think of the ideas. :#aziz#:
Same here. Don't be shy guys! :#aziz#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:43 am
I'm all for beards to the max!! :#cheer#: :#jem#: :#cheer#: The more the hairier! (ouch...)

Can my beard have a beard? :#idea#: I think it might...
emira
emira

Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:42 am
I love the ideas and I don't mind bearding myself in my profile pic :#lol#:

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
unabridged0
There's nothin' wrong

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm
I'm totally in for whatever you all decide... Smile
theMrs.
Considering second-hand underpants

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:51 pm
This sounds so fun! i don't have a myspace profile so i'd love to manip a picture, or just draw one and scan it on here.

EEE! i'm blushing with excitement!
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 am
A few of us have an extra little idea a-brewin' for Jem's birthday, and we'll soon have some examples of the master plan for January 10th. So keep your eyes peeled for some upcoming posts!

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

:#grouphug#: :#blowkiss#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:44 pm
onlyalways wrote:A few of us have an extra little idea a-brewin' for Jem's birthday ...

[size=150:3fz2gi6v][url=The little extra something we have brewing][/url] :#evilgrin#:

Beardy stuff coming soon! :#cheer#:
ajt267
Beneath a willow tree

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:36 pm
I've just been lurking but I'm up for whatever is decided :;
D:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 pm
[size=200:3lqxiwhb]Alright gang,

Looks like we'll be doing beard macros and beard pictures, as stated on the previous page. :#buttrock#: Here is a collective guideline of the plan...

[size=150:3lqxiwhb]To participate in making a beard macro for Jemaine:

Step 1. Take any picture of Jemaine with his beard.

Step 2. Use photoshop, paint, [url=rolfbot][/url], or anything you are comfortable with to superimpose a quote from [url=The Beardly][/url] over top, or your own original beardy quote! :#aziz#:

Step 3. Success! You get something like this:

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Bearddayexample.jpg

Step 4. Post your macro in this thread anytime between now and January 9th, so the board can send all the macros to Jemaine via the Conchords' [url=MySpace][/url] on his birthday, January 10th.

And to show some extra love for the beard...

[size=150:3lqxiwhb]To participate in bearding yourself:

Create a picture of yourself with a beard! This can be done any way you see fit, whether it be drawn on, a pasted costume beard, or photoshoped on, the choice is up to you and how creative you want to be with it. :#aziz#:

You can post your new, beardly self in this thread, and if you want, make it your MySpace profile picture and post a comment with it on the Conchord's [url=MySpace][/url] to wish Jemaine a Happy Birthday yourself!

I think our goal has literally turned into wishing him a beardtastic birthday! :#lol#: So I hope you guys can help make this a silly little present from the flighties. :#heart#:

And please feel free to ask here or PM me with any questions and if you need any help creating your beard macro or beard picture. Smile We have a week starting RIGHT NOW, and I think we can do a lot of damage! :#haha#: :;
):

[align=center:3lqxiwhb]:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#grouphug#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: [/align:3lqxiwhb]

FYI, We also start an actual Happy Birthday thread when we get closer to the date, which last year turned into an [url=awesome free-for-all][/url], so if you guys have any ideas for some extra goodies for Jem's birthday, don't let anything stop you! :#cheer#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:35 pm
To get the ball rolling, here is my beard picture:

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Beardcourtneysmall.jpg

:#haha#: (Oh so sexy! :#wise#: )

And my macro I'll probably be using:

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Beardmeme.jpg

I say probably because I wouldn't be surprised if I made another sometime this week. :;
D:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:58 pm
My beard pic....

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! Ifd09l.jpg

:#haha#:

And my meme....

Jemaine's Happy Beardday! 343n3b5.jpg

:;
D:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:05 pm
Feeling a little self-conscious about my beard...... :#twitch#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:30 pm
Amily wrote:Feeling a little awesome about my beard...... :#excited#:

:#thumbsup#:

(But why? Sad )
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 pm
onlyalways wrote:
Amily wrote:Feeling a little awesome about my beard...... :#excited#:

:#thumbsup#:

(But why? Sad )
Nice one. :#thumbsup#:

And because! We're the only two douches with beards! I totally thought there would be at least a couple more bearded ladies when I got home today. :#lol#:

Although, somehow I don't even think Jemaine would be surprised at all if it was just us two. :#haha#: He'd just be like "
Oh, those two again"
:8-): :#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm
Amily wrote: Although, somehow I don't even think Jemaine would be surprised at all if it was just us two. :#haha#: He'd just be like "
Oh, those two again"
:8-): :#love3#:

:;
D:

But I was thinking that since there is still a week, people were going to just take their time with it...

[align=right:27x1vhkv]... right? :#pray#: [/align:27x1vhkv]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
onlyalways wrote:But I was thinking that since there is still a week, people were going to just take their time with it...

[align=right:1xl18hj1]... right? :#pray#: [/align:1xl18hj1]
[align=right:1xl18hj1]:#pray#: :#pray#: [/align:1xl18hj1]

If it helps, I'm also willing to lend a hand photoshopping. Not sure I can help with beards since Courtney made mine for me but I can definitely help with the memes. Smile

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 pm
Amily wrote:
If it helps, I'm also willing to lend a hand photoshopping. Not sure I can help with beards since Courtney made mine for me but I can definitely help with the memes. Smile

SHUT UP AMI WE GREW THOSE, REMEMBER?

But yea, definitely just let me know if you want a beard like this- it doesn't take me long at all. Smile
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm
hey there -
i'm trying to think of something to write + need to buy/make/grow a beard for the picture :;
): .

i'll be on there soon!
:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:27 pm
chrissycubana wrote:hey there -
i'm trying to think of something to write + need to buy/make/grow a beard for the picture :;
): .

i'll be on there soon!
:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

Take your time! :#glomp#: I think we were just getting nervous that no one had even responded yet, not post their pictures. Then the "
IS THIS DUMB?"
nervous thoughts began to set in. :#nervous#: Razz

Thank you, love!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum