Go down

Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007 Empty Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:58 am
This low-key interview has always been one of my favorites.  

They are not in character, and it's interesting to hear a little bit about their writing and preforming process, and to see how they speak to a New Zealand interviewer as opposed to an American.

Flight of the Conchords have gone and got pretty famous. On the back of their BBC Radio 2 series they've got their own American telly show, where they play a folk duo from New Zealand trying to make it in the Big Apple. Good thing the real Brett and Jemaine are more successful than their characters in the show. The pair are between seasons, and back home in Wellington, where they're trying hard to do as little as possible. Despite well-meaning family members offering them up to play house parties and pesky radio journalists tracking cell phone numbers down.

Listen here.

Also, Bret's speaking voice sounds extra-gorgeous here, IMO.  I'm not sure why.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007 Empty FOTC interview for NZ radio --11/26/07

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:02 am
Wow!  I've never heard this before!!!  I'm so excited!

ADD: I love when Bret says "bumpy years." Drool

I wish this was longer!  I love this interview!!!  Thank you so much for uploading this! Angel / Flighty  Blowing a kiss

Last edited by 57 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007 Empty FOTC interview for NZ radio --11/26/07

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:16 am
giggletycoon wrote:Also, Bret's speaking voice sounds extra-gorgeous here, IMO.  I'm not sure why.

I knooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I could listen to him all day. I especially love when he laughs. Drool Drool Drool

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am
I love the part where he tries to sing in Spanish, and says "that was appalling."
emira
emira

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:19 am
YEah, it's a really good one. The interviewer was very cool and well prepared. I would get confused and stutter. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:39 am
This is one of my favorite interviews. [image]

Sponsored content

Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007 Empty Re: Radio New Zealand National Interview - November, 26 2007

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum